GDT: Whalers vs Bruins

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I wonder what Francis and our old owner think of this wonderful event?

Luke had an article about how PK felt about it. Basically he admitted he'd watch it with morbid curiosity, but it'd never have happened if he was still owner.

And as far as I'm aware, Francis hasn't had any contact with the media, about anything, since his firing.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I have some sympathy for the “whaler retired jersey” position. I just don’t know what they could have done to avoid it. I don’t know if you’re allowed to just switch numbers for a day.

I also don’t think a dead person cares. Because he can’t care. He’s dead, after all.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I have some sympathy for the “whaler retired jersey” position. I just don’t know what they could have done to avoid it. I don’t know if you’re allowed to just switch numbers for a day.

I also don’t think a dead person cares. Because he can’t care. He’s dead, after all.

That’s not even to mention his number had no business being retired in the first place. He played 3 WHA seasons at the tail end of his career. It’d be like the Canes retiring Paul Coffey’s number.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm seeing a bunch of people say Hamilton should have worn 20 last night to avoid the retired number issue.

And that's the level of ignorance to this franchise we are dealing with. It's Canes so it must be terrible, just shit all over it and damn the facts.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I like the scenario where the NHL, the Canes, and retired Whalers were pleading with Dougie to change his number for just one game and Dougie sighs, pushes up his glasses: “Ackshually....”. Plops a big binder on the desk.

Well. Now it's even more harder for me to not think of Edwards going full "It belongs in a museum!" at Hamilton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad