Western Conference Playoff Battle

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I think the Charlotte (NBA) coach said it best. I don't want to tarnish the playoff process" when he started his starters against the Bulls in the last game to settle the playoffs

You know I'd never purposely mail one in, Dry. The issue is actually more about wanting to have Rinne 100% for Game 1 of the playoffs. Fate has it that any decision to sit him today could have some bearing on the race for the #8 seed.

How many rest days are being simmed between season's end and the start of round one?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Here's a situation I never thought I'd find myself in...

With one game to go, and the conference title locked up, Ducks starting goaltender Pekka Rinne is feeling a bit wiped. However, the one remaining game is against the Blues, who are currently in the 9th position, with a game in hand on the Stars, who are in the 8th spot.

So, the question is, who will be the Ducks starting goaltender today - Vezina contender Rinne, or backup Yann Danis (who actually has really good numbers)?
Posted via Mobile Device

Let's just put it this way - who ever starts is getting run! My already belligerent group is going to ratchet up the physicality factor (read: setting) in hopes that if we do win, we'll have sent a message after tonight's affair (and hopefully a few guys for a lengthy stay in the training room). Nothing to lose at this point.

Govern your goaltending choice accordingly ;)

Seriously though, I’m sure there will at least be a rest day or two between the last game and the first playoff game. That has been the norm in past.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
You know I'd never purposely mail one in, Dry. The issue is actually more about wanting to have Rinne 100% for Game 1 of the playoffs. Fate has it that any decision to sit him today could have some bearing on the race for the #8 seed.

How many rest days are being simmed between season's end and the start of round one?
Posted via Mobile Device

Wasn't questioning your integrity. Just saying you gotta run with Rinne.

That and I want you to knock the Blues out!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

The sim naturally adds two days, one at the end of the regular season and one to start the playoffs so my intention was to let that cover the usual procedure of adding rest days.

There are also a rest day between each GD as the opposite conferences play their day.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Man, what a wicked finish in the West.

Game of the year tomorrow. Dallas vs. Nashville for that 8th and final spot. If Dallas wins, they'll enter the playoffs in the tiebreaker. If Nashville wins they'll move into 7th in the Conference.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Man, what a wicked finish in the West.

Game of the year tomorrow. Dallas vs. Nashville for that 8th and final spot. If Dallas wins, they'll enter the playoffs in the tiebreaker. If Nashville wins they'll move into 7th in the Conference.

As we've talked about Brock, terrible schedule but its crazy the way it's ended up. Dallas needs to win in regular time, because a point will put the Preds into the playoffs.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Does anybody know for sure what the tie breaker is in this Sim? I know it's talked about regulation wins being the deciding factor but I'm not clear if we know that for sure. If it's the GF vs GA ratio (which it was in at least one of the older Sim versions we used) Nashville has already clinched.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Congratulation Nick for making the playoffs. It is time now to take care of the top seeds team and get some respect.:handclap:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Does anybody know for sure what the tie breaker is in this Sim? I know it's talked about regulation wins being the deciding factor but I'm not clear if we know that for sure. If it's the GF vs GA ratio (which it was in at least one of the older Sim versions we used) Nashville has already clinched.

The developer claims to have the same tie breakers that the NHL uses, so wins is the first one I believe. It's just that for whatever reason it doesn't deal with teams clinching playoff spots very well.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto

The Preds and Stars both have 43 win if you include OT victories

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
The Preds and Stars both have 43 win if you include OT victories

This is true. If the Preds win today (or get a single point) then it doesn't matter. If the Stars win in regulation then they are tied in points and have 44 total wins, they should get the tie breaker. So so close.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

I was curious about that as well, as it already notes the Preds as having clinched, but at the same time, doesn't note the Stars as being eliminated - so who knows. Probably just a glitch in the software where the 'x' is a bit premature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad