Speculation: Werenski to Detroit, One Way or Another?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Reilly sucks defensively. Even with the recent graduations, the amount of impact prospects they have is substantial. Lundkvist, Schneider , Jones, Robertson, Barron etc are all for sure NHL players. Then they have younger guys like Berard, cullye who are very young and too early to call. As well as this years 1st which will likely be top 10 again. What they do lack is centers. Hence why they would splurge on Barkov

Even if he does, that doesn't really negate your claim that they didn't spend on Norris caliber D lol. And I never said you didn't have NHL caliber prospects, I said that with those graduations in mind, they're not Top 5 anymore.

Toronto has NHL caliber prospects too.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
If Barkov chose to go UFA the rangers basically give him 12 a year and become like the redwings of old hopefully.
Lafreniere- Barkov- Kravstov
Panarin- Chytil -kakko
Kreider- Barron- Buchnevich or trade
Who cares
lindgren-Fox
Miller-trouba
Robertson- lundkvist/schneider
shesty

dynasty

I think trouba will want to either play for FLA or Detroit before his deal is over. That’s just my own opinion

You really don't understand what made the Wings of old so good, do you.

They didn't look at their roster and say "Who Cares", especially not for the fourth line. The Grind Line was one of the most important pieces on that team. If anything was "who cares" it was the third line that they cobbled together by throwing bucks at Hull, Robitaille, and others.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Mathews 11.6
Tavares. 11
Marner 10.9
Nylander 6.9
Reilly 5
Muzzin 5
Andersson 5

just these guys are 55-56 mill. Yet it magically works. Rangers prospect stable is very deep. Especially on the back end. Shesty will get something comparable to Demko. I don’t know why it’s that hard to understand? Like I said trouba and kreider become movable towards the end of their current deals. Where there’s a will there’s always a way

I mean... does it work? Toronto has won as many playoff series as Detroit has since 2016. If you weren't aware... Detroit hasn't been in the playoffs that whole time.

Reactions: 13to40

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I mean... does it work? Toronto has won as many playoff series as Detroit has since 2016. If you weren't aware... Detroit hasn't been in the playoffs that whole time.

I'm more amused to hear how they're gonna keep Kakko/Kravtsov/Buchnevich/Chytil/Miller with $25M in cap space... And then sign another 8-10 players on top of that.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
I'm more amused to hear how they're gonna keep Kakko/Kravtsov/Buchnevich/Chytil/Miller with $25M in cap space... And then sign another 8-10 players on top of that.

Shhh... you don't have to bring up sense. They're all going to sign league minimum deals to be part of the dynasty, you know?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
This ain't that difficult to understand. If you throw $12M at Barkov in the flat cap era, you're royally f***ed when those big name RFAs come up. Fox ain't gonna be cheap and unless Lafreniere is mediocre over the next two years, he wont be either.

And I completely forgot about Shesterkin. :laugh: It ain't happening.
If Florida doesn't pay for barkov their team also loses one of their most important players and a hard one to draft

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Shhh... you don't have to bring up sense. They're all going to sign league minimum deals to be part of the dynasty, you know?
I just showed young it simple mathematics. Some players would need to go such as Zibby, perhaps Buch but it’s certainly within the realm of possibility. I don’t know what’s so hard about that

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

They didn't look at their roster and say "Who Cares", especially not for the fourth line. The Grind Line was one of the most important pieces on that team. If anything was "who cares" it was the third line that they cobbled together by throwing bucks at Hull, Robitaille, and others.

they had their core of high end players, and replenished the ranks from within. They were also very smart with no salary cap. I doubt we see a team like that ever again, but hoping for something like it with the luck of winning the lotto the last 2 years

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Even if he does, that doesn't really negate your claim that they didn't spend on Norris caliber D lol. And I never said you didn't have NHL caliber prospects, I said that with those graduations in mind, they're not Top 5 anymore.

Toronto has NHL caliber prospects too.
Comparing apples to bowling balls. Rangers are the youngest team in the league. Even with the recent graduations, the rangers have far more high impact guys, especially on the defensive side. They also won’t be wasting 5 mill on a goalie that can’t play. Which actually helped them.with the recent lotto luck and the amount of good young players and prospects we have the rangers would be dumb to not sign Barkov if he chooses NY plain and simple. Players can always get moved even if most this it’s an impossibility.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Comparing apples to bowling balls. Rangers are the youngest team in the league. Even with the recent graduations, the rangers have far more high impact guys, especially on the defensive side. They also won’t be wasting 5 mill on a goalie that can’t play. Which actually helped them.with the recent lotto luck and the amount of good young players and prospects we have the rangers would be dumb to not sign Barkov if he chooses NY plain and simple. Players can always get moved even if most this it’s an impossibility.

You do realize that Toronto was likely the youngest team in the league when those guys were coming up like NYR's, right?

Lol.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Can describe the lighting the same way. Very similar. Just spent money in different strategic spots. When these teams get good and are constantly in the playoffs every year, like Tampa and Toronto sooner or later your going to have to pay these guys. It will happen with the rangers soon, and Detroit soon after that. It’s just the nature of the business. Stevie Y even gave the lightning an absurd amount of NMC contracts, and low and behold they still get by. They move guys when they need to.

just as I’m typing the lighting with 0 cap room continue to improve their roster. Where there’s a will there’s a way

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You do realize that Toronto was likely the youngest team in the league when those guys were coming up like NYR's, right?

Lol.
2 franchises built extremely differently. There are similarities such as panarin taking less to play in NY and Tavares taking less to go home to Toronto. Rangers are built from net out. Most of there prospects are huge. Gorton building them like the bruins when he was there. Toronto spent almost all if there draft capital on forward. Beyond Sandin and Amirnov there’s not much at the back end in terms of home grown talent. Liligren is a lot of sizzle and no steak IMO. There’s not too many guys knocking down the door from the inside. They had to trade some important young assets on Muzzin and Brodie from the outside. And their goaltending is still a disgrace

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

I love MCarty and Draper especially during their runs. I’m just talking in the purpose of their core, not going in the particulars of every position. The wings had a great core and kept them locked up. They would bring a guy up when they felt he was ready, but they also took from Free agency when they needed. A majority of their cup teams were home grown picks. Am I wrong?? Having Lidstrom in his Prime was a thing of beauty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad