GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF Game 2, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Sweet fancy Moses look at that ****ing line up.

Is this a pre-season game or Game 2 of a first round series?

Iafallo was not good last game but, still, I'm wondering if he isn't back to full health.

A guy I know for sure isn't back to full health is Lewis. Has not been the same since the injury.
Lewis was a legit threat on the third line before the injury. I hope he was just a late bloomer and plays like that going forward (assuming, like yourself, he's still hurt)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The problem with Toffoli is that he can't fetch pucks, but when he's with Carter he's automatically placed into that role. However, put him with Brown who is a good forechecker and Kopitar, who can hold on to the puck, and he can thrive as a sniper.

Pearson is the exact opposite. He is a good forechecker but not a sniper; he should be in a position to feed Carter, who isn't a super forechecker.

Pearson can be a good forechecker. He, like Toffoli, has been relatively underwhelming in whatever they've tried to do over the big picture of this season. It doesn't matter what the lines are if these guys don't bring it individually, because whatever line they've been on hasn't really worked.

This is one thing Sutter has on Stevens (among many other things IMO), his crazy line blender actually came up with interesting lines eventually. Stevens seems to be sticking with the same things for too long.

We'll have to go down at least 2-0 before we MIGHT see any real change.

Winning cures all. Coaches who make changes quickly are too quick to make changes, coaches who let guys try and play out of whatever take too long to make changes, coaches that make changes make the wrong changes. Unless a coach wins, then whatever changes he made were the right ones. Unless he didn't change things and still got a win, then it was right to stick with the guys on the same lines.

As usual, it comes down to the players executing on the ice.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
f***ing say it Drew!
tenor.gif

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Doughty with the dismissive "Got shoulder first" reminds me of Walter Sobchak drinking his coffee in the diner after the Dude storms off Lol :D

I don't know why my mind went to this (1:15)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Just more fuel for the fire.

You can see in the clip with Doughty talking to their bench where the guy points to his shoulder.

They could have given him nothing and nobody would have batted an eye. So why do they suspend a guy with no history on a debatable hit? Apologies to those that think everything is on the up and up here. Saying the league is in the bag for Vegas is not the same as saying the Kings lost Game 1 because of the NHL or that they will lose the series because of the NHL; however, they got their chance to influence the outcome and they took it. Kings wasted a 1 goal-allowed playoff road game and only have themselves to blame for Game 1 and a loss tonight does not mean the series is over. That being said, I'll go to the grave believing this suspension happened because of the opponent. That doesn't make me "as bad as an Oilers fan": it's naive to think that the business of professional sports is completely void of the respective leagues influencing outcomes--at certain points--when given the chance.

Anyways, good for Stevens for sticking behind his player. I'd love to hear Blake's take on it as well.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Honestly, if the forwards play like they did game 1, it won't matter if Doughty is in or out today. Our top guys need to step it up and take control of the game. I also have to add that I have been very disappointed in Pearson and Toffoli this season. Yes, Toffoli scored decent goals, but neither player is a game changer. When these players' short term bridge deals are up, I hope Blake thinks long and hard before handing out $6 million + contracts to them. Fingers crossed that Vilardi can be the elite game changer that this team needs.

Reactions: 21Dog

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Honestly, if the forwards play like they did game 1, it won't matter if Doughty is in or out today. Our top guys need to step it up and take control of the game. I also have to add that I have been very disappointed in Pearson and Toffoli this season. Yes, Toffoli scored decent goals, but neither player is a game changer. When these players' short term bridge deals are up, I hope Blake thinks long and hard before handing out $6 million + contracts to them. Fingers crossed that Vilardi can be the elite game changer that this team needs.
I thought Pearson was fine. His shooting % was 4% below his career %. Even if he matched his previous career low of 10% then he would've hit 18-19 goals. He doesn't seem like he'll ever be a 30 goal guy to me. Maybe once or twice in his career if he has an insane shoot % year. 20-25 goals seems like wher he'll be every year. Probably not a $6 million a year player but a long term deal at $5 million a year is perfectly ok with me. He does the little things still. Screens goalies, forechecks well, solid defensively, occasionally kills penalties.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I thought Pearson was fine. His shooting % was 4% below his career %. Even if he matched his previous career low of 10% then he would've hit 18-19 goals. He doesn't seem like he'll ever be a 30 goal guy to me. Maybe once or twice in his career if he has an insane shoot % year. 20-25 goals seems like wher he'll be every year. Probably not a $6 million a year player but a long term deal at $5 million a year is perfectly ok with me. He does the little things still. Screens goalies, forechecks well, solid defensively, occasionally kills penalties.

Sorry, Pearson is not a 5 million a dollar player yet, if that is what he wants in negotations, you deal him.

Reactions: KingTrouty

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Sorry, Pearson is not a 5 million a dollar player yet, if that is what he wants in negotations, you deal him.
Maybe a bit high but with the rising cap, he might be worth that. I think his role should/could be expanded more too. More consistent PP time and definitely more PK time. Let him use that speed on the PK. Also played most of the season with Kempe this year who I think we've all concluded is not a good set up guy.

What would you say would make him a $5 million player? More goals I assume? Something like 25 goals, 25 assists?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Doughty is the f***ing man. If we get bent tonight we better sign that man. We're about to see how ridiculous our complaints about doughty are tonight.

They agree it wasn't head contact so what the f*** is this a suspension for? Seems more and more like a set up. Let's be real

Reactions: SlimCharles

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Doughty is the ****ing man. If we get bent tonight we better sign that man. We're about to see how ridiculous our complaints about doughty are tonight.

They agree it wasn't head contact so what the **** is this a suspension for? Seems more and more like a set up. Let's be real
They agreed the head contact wasn't on purpose. They disagreed that the reason why there was head contact was because the player moved.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Kopitar needs to put the team on his back tonight. Stop being cute. Shoot the ****ing puck.

agree. lak's first line should dominate vgk's first line, or any other when it comes to that. but kopi himself will also try to fill the gaps of drew and muzzin not being there, he'll be focused on defence even more than usual. this is also his job, not just shooting. he must provide a complete game tonight and he knows it. with pepto if needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad