Confirmed with Link: Weekesbomb: Palat to NJ for five-year deal

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Plus it wont be a flat cap throughout that 5 years. Which means the cap will go up and it will take up even less space then it will now when we have 23 million open.

And other teams will have more space too. I really really don't think we have to worry about dumping him assuming we even need to.

He could just as easily end up worth the contract

Reactions: NJDevs26

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Fit = Great
Player = Great

Term = ???

5 years to a guy like Palat could be age really freaking bad

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Kinda sucks though to think Devils have been rumored as a landing spot for Tarasenko, Boeser, Garland, JT Miller, Nichushkin, Forsberg, finally Gaudreau, and this is the guy we get. Only passed 20 goals once in his career. Good player but closer to Nu-Andreas Johnsson than the game-breaking first line winger we were hoping for.
He's basically a chameleon who can play whatever role you want. Not without value, but also not sexy

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think you are right. Is the term too long? Sure. Will it really hinder us down the line? I honestly don't think it will unless the term is ugly.

Always someone around to bail teams out of contracts.

I think he helps now and is the type of player the locker room needs

Let’s not delude ourselves, Palat’s a great player, but this could absolutely end up in Louie Eriksson territory.

In fact, this feels a lot like a 2016 class FA signing.

Reactions: hidek91 and Oneiro

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Plus it wont be a flat cap throughout that 5 years. Which means the cap will go up and it will take up even less space then it will now when we have 23 million open.
Well more to the point the cap should go up by the time of years four and five which have everyone running scared.

LoktionovMVP

Nov 1, 2018
Digesting the signing more. It is genuinely appalling that the Devils have been "in" on so much, yet the fruit of all that is a 31 year old complementary piece. Fitz is getting out-GM'ed by Pierre Dorion.

• Haha
Reactions: MasterofGrond

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
This is just not a good deal, but you know that Fitz coveted the “experience” and overpaid and overextended for it. So predictable. This contract could be an albatross fairly quickly, especially when the Devils start contending and want to add pieces in years 3-5.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Digesting the signing more. It is genuinely appalling that the Devils have been "in" on so much, yet the fruit of all that is a 31 year old complementary piece. Fitz is getting out-GM'ed by Pierre Dorion.
Well you guys didn't want DeBrincat cause the term was too short, now we don't want Palat cause the term's too long.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
How? By signing Giroux, a hometown guy to a sweetheart deal because he wanted to go there? Or by trading for an upcoming RFA who didn’t want to sign an extension to most likely try the UFA market in a couple of years?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Give me 2 time champion Ondrej Palat over little Johnny Hockey any day of the week

skip-bayless-abusive-childhood-dad-facebook-here-i-am.jpg

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I’m ok with this, we were in on Palat from the beginning so this isn’t some panic move. Let’s see the AAV before really passing judgement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad