Confirmed with Link: Weekesbomb: Palat to NJ for five-year deal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Please be below 5M
I don't think there's any way of that on a five-year deal. I figured it would be more in the 6-5.5 type range. At this point I'd take 5.5 in general, it's not like we're spending it on much else these days.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Before even seeing this I changed my mind on a 5 year deal being a bad move. If the AAV isn't bad with the cap eventually going up I think we can get out of this contract in the last year or two if we need to.

Guy is a winner and plays more of the type of game everyone was clamoring for. I am down for this.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Before even seeing this I changed my mind on a 5 year deal being a bad move. If the AAV isn't bad with the cap eventually going up I think we can get out of this contract in the last year or two if we need to.

Guy is a winner and plays more of the type of game everyone was clamoring for. I am down for this.
I love what the player brings right now, but I am concerned about how year 4 and 5 will look.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Do not like. 5 years is way way too much term for a 31 year old coming off three marathon playoff series. Feel like he was propped up a lot by that team too.

I’m sure Fitz wants him for culture and experience for the kids, but not a fan of this one. Fingers crossed he’ll be decent for 2 or 3 years of the deal at least.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
ayyyy glad i stayed up. 5 years worries me but it’s nice to have a guy around that knows how a good team plays. Maybe he can teach Ruff something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad