Pre-Game Talk: Week to Heal (@NSH, STL)

Who will get in a game this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I want to see Kerfoot with MacKinnon. His playmaking, and the fact he is a puck hound, should go well with MacKinnon’s play style.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't agree with Bigras being scratched but we all knew it would happen at some point. His decision to dive in the NZ game last game was horrendous. There was no odd man rush until he took himself out of the play.

He'll be back next game I'd guess.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
So we are back to "Extreme Line Shuffling" after 2 losses. That was quick. Badass Bednar strikes again.

Who is playing with Matt and Yak btw?

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So we are back to "Extreme Line Shuffling" after 2 losses. That was quick. Badass Bednar strikes again.

Who is playing with Matt and Yak btw?

I wouldn't call it "extreme line shuffling." He just swapped out Jost, Kerfoot, and Andrighetto. Yak/Dutch, Mikko/MacK, and Landy/JTC all stayed together. It's not like EVERYTHING is being upended up front.

FTR it looks like Ghetto is going to be on LW with Dutch/Yak, which will still make for a speedy line for sure.

I'll give Bednar credit, a lot of coaches in these situations (like Vigneault in NY right now) just take a grinder and stick them onto a scoring line or something. He's not doing that, in fact he's placing even more trust in a rookie rather than a veteran plugger.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I wouldn't call it "extreme line shuffling." He just swapped out Jost, Kerfoot, and Andrighetto. Yak/Dutch, Mikko/MacK, and Landy/JTC all stayed together. It's not like EVERYTHING is being upended up front.

FTR it looks like Ghetto is going to be on LW with Dutch/Yak, which will still make for a speedy line for sure.

I'll give Bednar credit, a lot of coaches in these situations (like Vigneault in NY right now) just take a grinder and stick them onto a scoring line or something. He's not doing that, in fact he's placing even more trust in a rookie rather than a veteran plugger.

He does not have to promote a grinder plug, he already has Landeskog. lol

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So according to AHL transactions Mironov was sent to SA. I was thinking it would be a good time to since they play Fri-Sat-Sun and the Avs don't play until Tuesday and the Rampage have only 6th healthy D. It would be a good chance for a guy like Miro or I would have even been ok with Bigras to get a couple games. Seems it's for conditioning. Wonder if that means just the weekend or what.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So according to AHL transactions Mironov was sent to SA. I was thinking it would be a good time to since they play Fri-Sat-Sun and the Avs don't play until Tuesday and the Rampage have only 6th healthy D. It would be a good chance for a guy like Miro or I would have even been ok with Bigras to get a couple games. Seems it's for conditioning. Wonder if that means just the weekend or what.
Good. I hope it was a mutual conversation they had about how to best move his NHL career forward and there's no resentment. He does clearly need the playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad