• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Chambers says it's a shoulder injury. I tore my rotator cuff in a fight once ironically. Was a season ending injury for me which happened in December. Think it was 5 months before I could do any push exercises at the gym. Wishing for better luck for Nemeth.
I got to the second sentence and was hoping it was a street fight on George Street.

Although maybe it was, how long ago did you quit hockey? :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cousin Eddie

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm basically going to delete all that. So getting back to the point, what about Barberio indicates he's a strong option on the PP? A cannon isn't necessary and Bigras does not have one either but if the PP is going to run through a shot at the point I'd prefer someone with a big shot taking one from there. But anyway, the pp is Bigras' bread and butter. He's a great passer, makes quick decisions and has the lateral agility and mobility to keep pucks in. Barberio has 5 career points on the pp.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd like to see Bigras on that second PP unit as well. If EJ's not going to use his shot and/or they're not going to set him up for it, he doesn't need to be out there. I don't think he has done a very good job of setting up Yakupov either.

Wilson is another guy I'd like to see replaced. He'll work hard and go to the front of the net but I don't see him helping the PP all that much. Someone like Jost or even *gulp* Soderberg might be better. I can see why they might not want a Duchene, Kerfoot, Yakupov, and Jost unit but I'd take my chances with all that skill.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm kind of torn right now. MacK has been screwing up flubbing shots and passes both on that half wall for a while now. Part of me wants him to be moved from that spot, and part of me knows we need to ride it out a bit longer and hope it clicks.

I can't figure out if their actual strategy is to work/pass from that left side half wall instead of the right side instead of setting up that one timer, or if everyone who they have put there is just so damn bad they end up not being able to pull the trigger so they end up passing the puck through that side.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think the Avs have figured out that MacKinnon is the setup guy and Rantanen is the trigger guy, not just on the PP but in general, and want to work from left to right in order to set that up on the PP. But MacKinnon needs to do a better job of getting shots through and making quicker/smarter decisions with the puck because he's becoming very predictable. He's holding the puck and teams are just waiting for him to go cross-ice to Rantanen for the one timer.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think the Avs have figured out that MacKinnon is the setup guy and Rantanen is the trigger guy, not just on the PP but in general, and want to work from left to right in order to set that up on the PP. But MacKinnon needs to do a better job of getting shots through and making quicker/smarter decisions with the puck because he's becoming very predictable. He's holding the puck and teams are just waiting for him to go cross-ice to Rantanen for the one timer.

I think that's pretty accurate. Also right now I don't think Mack has much confidence in his shot. I remember Duchene went through a period where he over passed the puck because it wasn't going in for him as well. Hopefully it's just a young player thing.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Anybody hear Bednar on the radio this morning? Wouldn't mind hearing a recap since I don't have the ability to listen to Bednar''s boring voice for 10 minutes lol.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I thought I was the only one who would rather stick my head in a snowblower than listen to that guy bore me to death.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I hope they're talking to Kerf and telling him to SHOOT. THE. PUCK.
They should be telling everyone that. Too many good opportunities to get the puck on the net passed up - they respect opposing goalies too much. I'd like to see them go with
Landeskog - Mack -Rants
Jost - Duchene - Yakupov
Kerfoot - Soderberg - Compher
Andrigetto - Wilson - Comeau

or something. Main thing is I want Landy opening up space for Mack & Rants.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
They should be telling everyone that. Too many good opportunities to get the puck on the net passed up - they respect opposing goalies too much. I'd like to see them go with
Landeskog - Mack -Rants
Jost - Duchene - Yakupov

I think I'd keep the top line together for a bit, MacK and Rantanen have individual problems right now they need to figure out. Especially Rantanen. I would like to see Soderberg back at centre with Landeskog and Compher on the wings. I think Soderberg has played well, and is better suited to be Landy's centre than Compher. I think that could be a really nice line.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Landeskog - Mack -Rants
Jost - Duchene - Yakupov

Landeskog isn't opening up space for anyone with the way he's playing offensive. He's still great in the neutral and defensive zone, but offensively he's been pretty bad. His shots have no power on them, passes are poor and delayed, etc.

Honestly, i'd just do minor changes and give Rants some 3rd line duty for a few games and role with:

Andrighetto - Mack - Compher
Kerfoot - Duchene - Yakupov
Landeskog - Soderberg - Rantanen
Wilson - CJost - Comeau

I honestly would prefer to send Jost down for a bit. Give him big minutes in the AHL on what should be a strong team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaslof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad