• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Get ready for a lot of days off. Only 8 games the next three weeks before they head to Sweden with basically a week off before and after the weekend set there. They only go on one more trip before they depart east before they head to Sweden so they turned this game in Nashville into a road trip and went there after the Dallas game instead of going home. So, it remains to be seen what media presence, if any, will be in Nashville for practice Monday.

Nemeth left the game on Saturday following his fight with Seguin. Hopefully an update on his condition is forthcoming. Jost should also practice on Monday. Andrighetto seems to be playing through something too.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think all three get in. Jost will be back, Lindholm in for Nemeth, and Mironov needs a game for once. I know he looked brutal when he did play, but he needs to get a game in, playing time is the only way to develop him if he won't give SA a shot. It would probably be best for him if he did that (although big minutes isn't a guarantee in that crowded forum), but I guess one or both parties is reluctant to go that route.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Get ready for a lot of days off. Only 8 games the next three weeks before they head to Sweden with basically a week off before and after the weekend set there. They only go on one more trip before they depart east before they head to Sweden so they turned this game in Nashville into a road trip and went there after the Dallas game instead of going home. So, it remains to be seen what media presence, if any, will be in Nashville for practice Monday.

Nemeth left the game on Saturday following his tight with Seguin. Hopefully an update on his condition is girth coming. Jost should also practice on Monday. Andrighetto seems to be playing through something too.

I bet that means the second half of the season is going to be nuts. You can't have that sort of schedule and not have it impact things later.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Andrighetto was one of the slashing victims in the Ducks game, could be that.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Steve Hetze Petros is a f***er for screwing up the scheduling for so many teams, guy seems to not give a shit and just throw whatever will stick without a conflict and not bother to re-arrange and decrease things like back-to-back or space out games or avoid long road trips.

Anyways, yeah Mironov needs to start getting some games here and there, Lindholm if healthy might even be ahead of Barbeiro but coaches generally never change the line-up until injury or bad results. I really wish they valued squad rotation more but you just know they'd play a guy all 82 games if they could if he was playing well and healthy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Get ready for a lot of days off. Only 8 games the next three weeks before they head to Sweden with basically a week off before and after the weekend set there.
Yeah the schedule really sucks.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
If Nemeth is out, I'd like to see Lindholm and Mironov come in. Barberio hasn't played well enough to warrant staying in and Mironov has sat long enough to observe the NA game, he needs to get into some games.

Zads-EJ
Bigras-Barrie
Lindholm-Mironov

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bigras has clearly earned a shot on Barrie's left side with his play so far. I'd love to see how he handles top 4 minutes.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If Nemeth is out, I'd like to see Lindholm and Mironov come in. Barberio hasn't played well enough to warrant staying in and Mironov has sat long enough to observe the NA game, he needs to get into some games.

Zads-EJ
Bigras-Barrie
Lindholm-Mironov

Agreed. Barberio is pretty useless when hes not on the PP. If hes going to stay in the lineup I would use him as the Dman on that second unit over Johnson. EJ just has no clue on the PP it seems.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
EJ plays a ton of minutes, we can afford to give him a rest on the PP. He doesn't have a bomb of a shot, most of the time he actually can't even get his shot through, he isn't a great passer, and he doesn't have great offensive awareness when manning the point.

I think Barberio actually has a harder shot than EJ does. I have no problems playing him there with the 2nd unit instead of EJ. The extra 3-5 minutes of rest could serve EJ well later in games.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
With the schedule like it is hopefully Mironov can get acclimated to the game over here, so later on in the year he can rotate in during these heavy back to back weeks.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Actually firing from the point is definetely a big bonus if the guy has the threat of a shot even if he doesn't use it but I'd probably say that in 2017, the PP needs to get most of its work done down low. Point pivot needs to be better at handling the puck under pressure and dishing quickly rather than shooting, the best PP's are very aggressive down low (like the Leafs one) and make their chances around the net nowadays.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Actually firing from the point is definetely a big bonus if the guy has the threat of a shot even if he doesn't use it but I'd probably say that in 2017, the PP needs to get most of its work done down low. Point pivot needs to be better at handling the puck under pressure and dishing quickly rather than shooting, the best PP's are very aggressive down low (like the Leafs one) and make their chances around the net nowadays.

Big bonus is just a nice way of saying said trait is low down on the priority list.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
tumblr_m9dtkhP8eX1ryquz8o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: avsfan09

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I agree that a cannon from the point isn't a requirement in the modern game. Shot blocking is too good. Nobody is scared to stand in front of Shea Weber bombs anymore, and going for the big slapper just telegraphs your intention to shoot so they have time to get in the way. The best thing you can do on the power play as a defenseman is pass well and get the puck down low, or else fire wristers that can be tipped/screened.

As for Bigras vs. Barberio vs. Johnson, while it's true that Barberio is pretty good on the PP, he's not going to be here long term, and I'd like to see what Bigras can do there. He's got the tools, but he's an unknown there until we try it. I hope he gets a chance there so we can have him as an option there in future years when Barberio is elsewhere.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nemeth flew back to Denver. I'm no doctor but if they couldn't wait two days for him to fly back with the team, there has to be concern that it's serious.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nemeth flew back to Denver. I'm no doctor but if they couldn't wait two days for him to fly back with the team, there has to be concern that it's serious.
Chambers says it's a shoulder injury. I tore my rotator cuff in a fight once ironically. Was a season ending injury for me which happened in December. Think it was 5 months before I could do any push exercises at the gym. Wishing for better luck for Nemeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad