Pre-Game Talk: Week of speculation (Chi, @Ana, @SJ)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

I kinda hope we could skip to the draft. But hopefully Rantanen and Z will look good. Z was rocking last game.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just gotta hope he goes to a good team and actually has a shot at winning something. That's the best outcome.

That's why I want to see a Duchene + Iginla(50%retained) for Sergachev ++ deal. I already like Montreal and Rads is probably my favorite non Avs player in the league other than Crosby so it would make rooting for the Habs that much easier once the playoffs begin.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That's why I want to see a Duchene + Iginla(50%retained) for Sergachev ++ deal. I already like Montreal and Rads is probably my favorite non Avs player in the league other than Crosby so it would make rooting for the Habs that much easier once the playoffs begin.

I'm fully on the Carolina train for Duchene.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's never a "home game" against Chicago FA32.

Colorado has some serious immigration issues to take care of, I personally support the mine field initiative.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Continuing to try and mentally prepare myself for the looming Dutchy trade...

I started putting up all my Duchene hockey cards for sale. Felt very weird about it and I dont like it but I think hes a goner. 1.5 yrs of rumor cant just be bs. Something is brewing and we might be seeing the end of Dutch in an Avs uni. Hope im wrong. I dont wanna give up Landy or Dutch unless the package can choke an elephant.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Seems the demon horse plan failed
No, we actually tried the demon horse plan, but had to put it in retirement from the constant overeating of bandwagon Blackhawk fans' souls. The horse went 1,100 pounds to 6,000 pounds in a week.

Wanted to comment about the Mackinnon benching...

Well RL, you and AJ were right about what Bednar said in the post game comments. For a coach who is notoriously level-headed during post game remarks, that was on the shocking side in what Bednar said. He absolutely gave fuel to the fire for reporters, but do not know if they used it since I don't read pretty much anything Avs related from the local media.

Not surprised though in what happened in the slightest. MacKinnon isn't a hothead, but he is the type of player that really hates losing. Losing as the Avs have been must be beyond frustrating for a prideful guy like him. We saw it last week with MysticMack's GIFs where he was cussing out Zadorov. Not saying or concluding he was the same target in the lockerroom, but since we saw this before, not shocked to see him go overboard.

Looking at his junior career, he was never on a losing team at Halifax or Shattuck since they probably conducted a lot of tournaments and had a good run at nationals. Can't say anything about his youth career in minor hockey since it probably doesn't matter. The NHL could be one of the first experiences for a really talented player to be in a bad situation. A partial example could be Hishon and when he was one of the last cuts for Team Canada. I remember him conducting an interview right after he was cut and he honestly mentioned that this was the first time he was ever cut at something hockey related. As a 18 year old player and first time cut is quite remarkable, shows some players are born with natural talent. Additionally, MacKinnon is probably like Hishon in terms of a player that was never cut, so he doesn't know how to deal with situations when the bad turns ugly as Duchene, Landeskog, and O'Reilly did from 2009 to 2013 in particular. It is not something you like to see, but I wouldn't worry about it until it becomes an ongoing process. Just needs to mature a bit as it seems to me IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Get some water and vegetables, baby you got a stew goin'.

58907_arnold-schwarzenegger-movies-predator-dutch-carl-weathers.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad