Pre-Game Talk: Week of Déjà Vu (@PIT, @WAS, FLA, TB)

Strangest thing to happen this week?

• Duncan Siemens sees the ice

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Tyson Jost scores a goal

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Patrik Nemeth gets scratched

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victory against Tampa Bay

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Truly Déjà Vu happens

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Are you aware that BR is a website with articles? It's not a message board. What exactly isn't good enough for you about it?

Is this useless banter?

Dreaming of the Draft: Moving Up

this?

Prospect Weekly: Fifty & Fabulous

this?

Sven Andrighetto is….

I mean he did say "it does have some interesting stuff over there", I wasn't trying to take a shot at you or anything like that, but for the most part when I go over there it's usually very homer biased articles.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
People should be happy that knowledgable fans like TV take the time and engage in a project like that. I honestly have only checked out a few of TVs prospect writeups and enjoyed them (even though TV and me have wildly different preferences when it comes to prospects and what to like about them) but aside from that I don't see why people have to bash a new project like that. Sure the quality overall might not be there yet but no wonder hfAvs has a bad rep outside of here. It is the Internet. Everything aside from me and what I like sucks donkeyballs. I am guilty of that attitude sometimes as well but atleast I sometimes try to force myself to be objective.

But as long as it is not Nadia level content (she is Mile high sticking , right?) that makes you want to throw something at the screen, there is no reason for any type of superiority complex. It is not like there has been so much quality content posted on hfAvs over the last 1.5 painful years that would justify that.

I mean just following that Barrie conversation that repeats itself every 2 days on here and usually goes completely off the rails ( and yeah I know I am sometimes a willing participant in that as well) is crazy.

Buzzfeed is a trash site that basically only spews hot takes and makes stupid lists.
Comparing that to a new fan project like BR is just a thinly veiled attempt to diss these people and their efforts while somehow believing that posting on hfAvs is somehow that much better and that the knowledge on here is way better.

I mean sure there are some very knowledgable people on here but lets not pretend like 80 % of hfboards discussions (especially on the mainboards) is not based on hottakes and scoreboard watching.

Atleast give them a chance. We might need them if Dater and AJ continue to go down the drain like they have recently.
Everyone that aims to provide quality Avs content is a plus. Even if they still have a long way to go.
Those people need to be supported not deterred.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I mean like I said, I wasn't calling out TV or anything. I've read some of her articles before and were good, I told her such before. I'm sure there are some very good writers on there but for the most part what I've read is just too much homerism for me.

HFB isn't perfect by any stretch.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The expectation should be high on these places that want to create sites. I've said the same about BSN in the past, and I think it will hold with BR too (though I really think a name change should be considered). If these places want to go beyond fan blogs, they have to look at things with a level head, not be homers, take criticism, etc. It is just a part of the 'job' of that world.

Though I really don't see why anybody would be comparing it to HF... HF is a cesspool of information, but it isn't trying to be something it isn't. It is a message board, and those naturally are a cesspool. You'll find good snippets here and there, but that is all it is. That said, HF probably has some of the brightest amatuer hockey minds (read people not getting paid to write or work with teams)... they are just a small number of posters. If you find those people, you'll find great information.

Reactions: S E P H

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't know Burgundy rainbow existed. For some reason when I saw it retweeted on twitter I thought it was the talking avs podcast with a new name.
Just visited the site. I like it. Don't understand why somebody would complain about a website created by fans to organize Avalanche information lol. YOU GUYS NEED MORE PLAYER INSIDE INFORMATION!!!! Lol. People will complain about anything.

Props to whoever is doing it. TV obviously is one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think people care about inside information so much as level headed analysis.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I haven't read enough of the articles to make a judgement but the one about Ghetto is not that bad.
And I have come across rudo in other places and enjoyed some of the stuff he has done. I certainly won't question his commitment to the Avs at least.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and basically calling it a trash site by comparing it to Buzzfeed.
This is a fanproject for now. Of course it will not be Grantland right off the bat.

But these are heavily committed fans (not dissimilar to the ones complaining it about in here) that know a lot about the Avs and want to try to help improve the terrible media landscape in regards to the Avalanche.

I mean TV is right here. Rudo is easy to get in touch with as well. Instead of looking down on that project, people should tell them about the gripes they have with certain articles and what to improve about it (or where certain writers are too biased).
Hell I mean henchy you of all people should probably even look into working with them given your insights that you do have in certain aspects of the game instead of complaining about their quality of work.
I would certainly read and enjoy it.

Because we can't just bitch about the godawful Avs coverage and then turn around and crap on projects like that that want to help change that in the next sentence.
Atleast I won't...

Reactions: slobbergob

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
To me... buzzfeed doesn’t equal trash so much as a glorified blog. Yeah there is plenty of trash on there, but some fun stuff. Criticism is a part of all of it and they need to hear it to improve. It doesn’t mean crapping all over it either.

As for me writing... I actually contractually can’t.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't really want to respond since I think we're derailing this thread, but it is the hypocrisy which is why I agree with Buzzfeed analogy. I never came across one comment where it discredited BR or belittled them on HFB. The last one I personally saw was the one I made about the name, which I still think sounds really stupid. Don't get me wrong HFB has it's fair share of stupidity, no doubt about it, but lets not act that BR is the Holy Grail or something. In one-sided team forums, you tend to develop a homer bias and if I wanted that I would go back to the Avs board forum. Yet, I constantly read about shots at HFB which some of them are deserved, but some are pure stupid. Like there is a inferiority complex or something.

E: FTR I will say that none of the fans there represent BR or the product they make. But lets treat a blog like a blog and get off the "we're The Athletic" for Avs high-horse.

Are you aware that BR is a website with articles? It's not a message board. What exactly isn't good enough for you about it?

Is this useless banter?

Dreaming of the Draft: Moving Up

this?

Prospect Weekly: Fifty & Fabulous

this?

Sven Andrighetto is….
Lets be honest, people don't go to a site like HF or BR for the articles. I apperciate the work on the articles, but they just add depth, nothing more and nothing less. I honestly haven't read a BSN, AJ twitter, or an Avs related article in probably 7 months since I see no point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppberg

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
BR is attempting to fill a void left behind by the "respected" news sites that ignore the Avs, both local and national. It's an imperfect execution, but it exists because Avs fans want a place to put information about their team. It's naturally going to have a homer bent because it's a fansite. If the level headed media types would pay attention to us BR would have no need to exist. Their hearts are in the right place at least.

member 116861

The expectation should be high on these places that want to create sites. I've said the same about BSN in the past, and I think it will hold with BR too (though I really think a name change should be considered). If these places want to go beyond fan blogs, they have to look at things with a level head, not be homers, take criticism, etc. It is just a part of the 'job' of that world.

Though I really don't see why anybody would be comparing it to HF... HF is a cesspool of information, but it isn't trying to be something it isn't. It is a message board, and those naturally are a cesspool. You'll find good snippets here and there, but that is all it is. That said, HF probably has some of the brightest amatuer hockey minds (read people not getting paid to write or work with teams)... they are just a small number of posters. If you find those people, you'll find great information.

Yeah, like my posts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad