Pre-Game Talk: Week of Déjà Vu (@PIT, @WAS, FLA, TB)

Strangest thing to happen this week?

• Duncan Siemens sees the ice

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Tyson Jost scores a goal

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Patrik Nemeth gets scratched

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victory against Tampa Bay

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Truly Déjà Vu happens

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Didn't remember that. I guess 3-5 games isn't out of the question then.

Also that main board thread is hilarious. People act like he went full Happy Gilmore and tried to stab someone with his skate. It was a very stupid play and definitely suspension worthy but it wasn't so bad he should get 10+ games.

Isn’t there a cutoff for repeat offender status?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They get a bigger fine if they are repeat offenders but to determine the number of games they can use his past no matter what.

At least that's what I got from Landy's latest suspension.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Dater said on the BSN podcast he is expecting them to throw the book because it's the Avs. He was pissed, also said Bednar needs to work the refs more.

Also that podcast was weird. There is some tension between Dater and AJ and he mentioned they are thinking of taking a break on the podcast.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
AJ rips on him constantly. I'm actually somewhat surprised at some of the comments he makes in discord where Dater can't see it. If it wasn't for that I'd just figure AJ is giving him shit, but I really think AJ dislikes him.

Most of the stuff is usually AJ just out and out calling Dater out for commenting without thinking or knowing what hes talking about. I think at this point AJ no longer has an patience for it.

Reactions: Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
AJ doesn't strike me as any less of an idiot.

In the department of making baseless comments and forming baseless opinions that is spouted as fact. Dater wins that one for me.

Daters hockey knowledge is weak at times for someone who has been covering the game as long as he has.

What makes it even worse, is hes an educator for the fan base. Plenty of people take his word as gospel regarding Avs stuff.

There has been things I disagree with AJ on, but usually I don't feel like hes watching the game from the moon. They both get a little full of themselves at times, but you don't work in that field without having some drive to shout your opinion to the world.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I used to watch their podcast all the time, but their personalities chip at your endurance after awhile.

Have you ever listened to one of Yost's pod casts? That guy will make you want to commit acts of violence, and he has a nice mug shot of himself on the TSN website.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Have you ever listened to one of Yost's pod casts? That guy will make you want to commit acts of violence, and he has a nice mug shot of himself on the TSN website.
Can't say I have no. Apparently Friedman is turning his 31 thoughts into a podcast with Jeff Marek, I'm looking forward to that one for sure.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Can't say I have no. Apparently Friedman is turning his 31 thoughts into a podcast with Jeff Marek, I'm looking forward to that one for sure.

I don't know how I feel about that lol. I like reading Friedman's articles, but every time I see him live I want to throw something at my TV.

Although that might be more about the fact that he looks like he just got out of bed, put on a shirt and tie, and is sitting in front of the desk in his underwear. Yet he's likely one of the highest paid writers around lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm sorry, but that makes me chuckle a little bit every time I watch it. The asshole commentating just makes it worse. I can't believe they're completely blind to how over sold that was. There is a few Tampa players that look like death follows them around the ice whenever contact is made.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
the 5 minute major definitely negated a game. EJ probably deserved more but I'm more than happy with it.

And yeah, all you guys talking about the BSN crew. God love them for their hard work and coverage of the Avs, but the less they try to analyze the game of hockey the better it is for them and everybody else. They aren't exactly the most fluent minds on the game of hockey itself. Other than TMV of course.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
the 5 minute major definitely negated a game. EJ probably deserved more but I'm more than happy with it.

And yeah, all you guys talking about the BSN crew. God love them for their hard work and coverage of the Avs, but the less they try to analyze the game of hockey the better it is for them and everybody else. They aren't exactly the most fluent minds on the game of hockey itself. Other than TMV of course.

Yeah, I appreciate what they're trying to do but if they could just tweak their attitudes, it'd be infinitely better.

And hey, maybe this can provide a nice rest for EJ from playing 25+ minutes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I always thought BSN was like a Facebook fan page or something. I gave it a shot a few years ago. Nobody understands the game, unfortunately. Painful.
You should go to Burgundy Rainbow and tell me how it is. A lot of shots at HFB such as "I only follow 3-6 posters on that site and the rest are meh".

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Mars does stuff for BSN and I quite like it actually, and wish he was the prominent one for BSN.

As for EJ, I wish our two leaders would stop pulling crap like that, it does nothing but hurt the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad