Pre-Game Talk: Week a Mile High (BOS, ANH, @DAL)

Will there be a new goal song?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • We won't know

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The goal song was the same in preseason, so sadly, we are stuck with the damn thing for another year.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
This is a tough week. I could see beating Dallas 6-5 or something.

Actually, the rest of the month looks tough.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So lets see, which games should we win, and which SHOULD we lose. Just bet on the opposite.

We should lose to Boston, should lose to Anaheim, and should win against Dallas (I think Varly is still on their wikki page).

Win, Win, loss? I'll go more realistic with Loss, Win, Loss. I'm sure Boston's coach will adjust and Bednar won't. Plus that keeps us at .500 right on the line of mediocrity.

This team also has a habit of slapping us in the face with a crap effort (turning this place cannibalistic again) after really strong games like the last one. They get a bit too happy with themselves. We'll see if that changes.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Im going W-L-OTL but not sure in which order. They'll stay around .500 until EJ gets hurt in December.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Where's the "Goal songs are an inappropriate substitute for actual atmosphere" option?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I have a feeling next game will be a letdown. Team coming home from a roadtrip, feeling good about themselves against a team that's upset.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I'm not feeling great about tomorrow night either. It's very tough to beat the same time twice in a row. Especially with just one day off in the middle.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have a feeling next game will be a letdown. Team coming home from a roadtrip, feeling good about themselves against a team that's upset.

I can't bring myself to like your post, but I agree lol. For the love of hockey would it be nice for them to prove us wrong.

Yeah I'm not feeling great about tomorrow night either. It's very tough to beat the same time twice in a row. Especially with just one day off in the middle.

I said this in the other thread, but looks the conversation is here. I don't really need them to win tomorrow either. Just give me a clean close game, with a 100% effort and at least common sense level choices by the coaching staff.

The one acceptable thing with this team right now should be young mistakes by the defense, and some forwards. Not things like having Comeau on the ice too much, and stupid choices as far as matchups and PK personnel.

Last edited:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
4 more Pts in the books after this week

OT Win vs Bos
Reg Win vs Ans
OT Loss @ Dallas

That makes 5 pts ... hmm

5 more Pts in the books after this week

Last edited:

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
This is who played game 1 last year.

Landeskog MacKinnon Iginla
Söderberg Duchene Grigorenko
Bourque Colborne Bourque
Martinsen Smith
Comeau

Zadorov EJ
Beauchemin Barrie
Tyutin Weircioch
That is 1 ugly lineup lol

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think Anaheim are as great as others make them out to be but I realize they're likely still pretty strong. In saying that they're in big time injury trouble right now and if the Avs going to steal a win or two from them this year, tomorrow night is as good an opportunity as they'll get.

Hope they come out flying and don't take how bad Boston are for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad