NCAA GDT: Week 7

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
7 Top 25 upsets. Should have been about 4-5 others. Michigan, USC, Miami, Oklahoma escaped. Be interesting to see the polls.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
7 Top 25 upsets. Should have been about 4-5 others. Michigan, USC, Miami, Oklahoma escaped. Be interesting to see the polls.

They may not have lost this week but all those teams look extremely vulnerable with a loss coming.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They may not have lost this week but all those teams look extremely vulnerable with a loss coming.

Michigan will lose next week unless we start peters and he’s really good. Oklahoma probably tcu or whoever they play that’s good next. Miami will probably lose to Notre Dame. USC can lose anywhere

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How far do you think the Washington schools fall? I see State tumbling to the 20's along with Auburn, Washington and Clemson still top 15. UCF and USF are on a collision course to be a top 15 for sure, potential top 10 matchup to end the year. Gotta get through Navy this week and a trip to SMU in a few weeks but should both be winnable.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Washington probably goes to where Michigan is with michigan moving slightly up

Michigan shouldn't move up with how bad they've looked lately and they should be behind MSU but they won't drop them or move State up that high. Polls are never right so I assume Clemson will somehow stay in the top 10 and probably in front of an undefeated Miami.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if Georgia will jump Penn State on the basis of having played this week and also having the better win of the two. Both have looked great but I don't think it's been proven that the teams they've beaten are very good, except for Georgia beating Notre Dame. Also, SEC.

If Utah would've won, it would've been a terrible week for the Pac-12. It really still is.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
bSq95yS.gif

Reactions: PanthersPens62

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Looks like an upset weekend? I think Michigan, Michigan St, LSU, Miami and Washington all vulnerable.

(I meant Auburn, not LSU obviously)

Washington and Auburn go down. Miami and Michigan got fortunate and Michigan St only won by 3.

So overall this week, #2, #5, #8, #10, #19, #24 and #25 lose. And none lost to a ranked team. That has to be some kind of first.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bama
Penn St
Georgia
TCU
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Ohio St
Clemson
Miami
USF

Oklahoma at 6, what? They have 1 good win and a really bad loss, Oklahoma State has a better case for 6th. Miami should not be behind 1 loss teams. Norte Dame should be above Ohio State and Clemson, they have better wins and their loss is better too.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Iowa State is now 4-2. Maybe its not as bad a loss as you think.

They beat nobody outside of Oklahoma and Oklahoma was at home.

Best loses of top 10 teams in order
Notre Dame to Georgia
Oklahoma State to TCU
Clemson to Syracuse
Oklahoma to Iowa State
Ohio State to Oklahoma

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Oklahoma at 6, what? They have 1 good win and a really bad loss, Oklahoma State has a better case for 6th. Miami should not be behind 1 loss teams. Norte Dame should be above Ohio State and Clemson, they have better wins and their loss is better too.

Notre Dame has beat 1 team with a winning record. Clemson has beat 3 ranked teams.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
They beat nobody outside of Oklahoma and Oklahoma was at home.

Best loses of top 10 teams in order
Notre Dame to Georgia
Oklahoma State to TCU
Clemson to Syracuse
Oklahoma to Iowa State
Ohio State to Oklahoma

You're way too hung up on losses. Its weird. Teams with one loss get in the CFP. If Clemson, Oklahoma or OSU win out, they are in. If USC wins out they are in. 1 loss to a non-ranked team doesn't kill you unless you are boatraced like Washington State was.

Reactions: Bruce Joker

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I wonder if Georgia will jump Penn State on the basis of having played this week and also having the better win of the two. Both have looked great but I don't think it's been proven that the teams they've beaten are very good, except for Georgia beating Notre Dame. Also, SEC.

If Utah would've won, it would've been a terrible week for the Pac-12. It really still is.
Sources tell me the Lions will be #2 regardless of Georgia. Already ranked higher is a big reason and very highly regarded with an improved defense and Heisman trophy caliber RB.

Michigan has no idea what they're in for. Revenge for last year, game day in Happy Valley, night game at Beaver Stadium.

I don't know what the spread will be, but whatever it is, I'm putting BIG money on State.

You all should, too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's the big showcase game for Barkley, so they'll be amped up im sure.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Sources tell me the Lions will be #2 regardless of Georgia. Already ranked higher is a big reason and very highly regarded with an improved defense and Heisman trophy caliber RB.

Michigan has no idea what they're in for. Revenge for last year, game day in Happy Valley, night game at Beaver Stadium.

I don't know what the spread will be, but whatever it is, I'm putting BIG money on State.

You all should, too.
I had no idea you were so tapped into the inner-workings of college football. "Sources tell me", lirl, get the f*** out of here.

The way you talk about Saquon, you would think the rest of college football should just give up now and call it a day. You know how many RB's have more yard than Saquon? 20. You know how many are averaging more yards/game? 16. You know how many have scored more rushing TD's? 42. How many RB's have more total TD's? 10.

If ESPN wasn't propping him up every two seconds, he probably wouldn't even be in the Heisman race.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You're way too hung up on losses. Its weird. Teams with one loss get in the CFP. If Clemson, Oklahoma or OSU win out, they are in. If USC wins out they are in. 1 loss to a non-ranked team doesn't kill you unless you are boatraced like Washington State was.

You're too hung up on wins. Some early season quality wins are looking worse each week. A lot of the top teams have beaten nobody yet, Washington and Ohio State haven't really beat anybody so you have to look at who they lost to. Sure WSU was stomped but at least it was on the road, Ohio State was stomped at home. Notre Dame lost on a last second FG to the now #3 team, that's better than losing to an unranked one.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Notre Dame has beat 1 team with a winning record. Clemson has beat 3 ranked teams.

Who has Washington beat, or Ohio State? At least ND has a good win and their loss is the best of the 3 yet are behind both. Clemson beat 3 ranked at the time but the Louisville one is looking worse and Auburn has more loses on the way. So those quality wins aren't so quality, you have to look at who they lost to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad