NCAA GDT: Week 7

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
You're too hung up on wins. Some early season quality wins are looking worse each week. A lot of the top teams have beaten nobody yet, Washington and Ohio State haven't really beat anybody so you have to look at who they lost to. Sure WSU was stomped but at least it was on the road, Ohio State was stomped at home. Notre Dame lost on a last second FG to the now #3 team, that's better than losing to an unranked one.

I don’t think it’s possible to be hung up on wins more so then losses

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don’t think it’s possible to be hung up on wins more so then losses

It is when the win becomes less credible as the season goes on. The Clemson win over Louisville is an example. What some see as a top 15 win isn't really that anymore so they're getting credit for a win that's not as impressive. Ohio State's best win is over Army yet they're the best 1 loss team somehow, there's something not right with the rankings.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It is when the win becomes less credible as the season goes on. The Clemson win over Louisville is an example. What some see as a top 15 win isn't really that anymore so they're getting credit for a win that's not as impressive. Ohio State's best win is over Army yet they're the best 1 loss team somehow, there's something not right with the rankings.
A 50-10 win over Boston College will always be better over a 1 point loss to a top team. Just the way it is

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A 50-10 win over Boston College will always be better over a 1 point loss to a top team. Just the way it is

Of course a win will be better than a loss. I'm talking about a 1 point loss to a top team is better than a 7 point loss to an unranked one. Clemson beat up BC worse than ND did but ND loss is better than Clemson, so when comparing them the loss should be more relevant.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Of course a win will be better than a loss. I'm talking about a 1 point loss to a top team is better than a 7 point loss to an unranked one. Clemson beat up BC worse than ND did but ND loss is better than Clemson, so when comparing them the loss should be more relevant.

I mean that’s still one posession It’s all about how the team looks. Clemson looks better then ND even if they lost by 14.

Common opponents > better loss when your deciding who goes to the playoffs.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I mean that’s still one posession It’s all about how the team looks. Clemson looks better then ND even if they lost by 14.

Common opponents > better loss when your deciding who goes to the playoffs.

So if they play 3 common opponents, which is what ND and Clemson do, your saying whoever looks better against those teams should be ranked higher? If Clemson blows out those 3 teams but loses to a 6-6 team while ND squeaks by those 3 and loses to a 11-1 team Clemson is better because they beat up the common 3?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I had no idea you were so tapped into the inner-workings of college football. "Sources tell me", lirl, get the **** out of here.

The way you talk about Saquon, you would think the rest of college football should just give up now and call it a day. You know how many RB's have more yard than Saquon? 20. You know how many are averaging more yards/game? 16. You know how many have scored more rushing TD's? 42. How many RB's have more total TD's? 10.

If ESPN wasn't propping him up every two seconds, he probably wouldn't even be in the Heisman race.
Just tune in on Saturday night. You'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad