NCAA: Week 7 - Playoff Knockout Game in Knoxville?

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Holy hot take Batman

Hot take? It’s the truth. That program isn’t going anywhere any time soon. But cuz the National media always overrates them people like you assume they’re relevant. The truth is they aren’t CLOSE to being a playoff team, and never will be. They can’t recruit defense, they can’t play defense, and Lincoln Riley isn’t gonna do anything to improve that area of the game. They’re soft as butter. And always will be. Just imagine how pathetic they’re gonna be over these next couple years when Caleb Williams isn’t there to save them.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
my precious usc :cry:

You neglect to mention he'll just buy more players using NIL and the transfer portal. Hate to tell you this but USC was already back before this loss today. They are still a threat in the Pac 12.

That sai8d they did lose to Utah and Utah lost to UCLA.

Oh boy UCLA - USC is going to be fierce this year.

How are they back? They havnt even made it to a playoff yet. Let alone win a championship. USC will never be on that level again, especially not with a coach like LR. He’s an offensive minded QB whisperer. I’m sure he’ll make their offenses explosive but that doesn’t translate to wins. They will always have the same soft, weak defense. Year after year. LR will not be able to fix that. They’ve gone too long now being out of the loop of the college elite, they aren’t going back to what they were. The SEC owns and controls everything now and USC will not ever be on that level.

Utah is good, don’t know if people know that.

You know who else? The Beavs. 5-2 with a win over Wazzu with their backup quarterback again.

Utahs OFFENSE is good. But as an overall team they’re just like USC: Absolutely zero defense. They wouldn’t be able to beat 1/2 the teams in the SEC. PAc12 is garbage.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
i don't think i've ever seen anyone shit-talk USC this much and I have friends that are UCLA alums lol

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
For a second I thought UCLA vs Oregon was at the rose bowl, man I was going to say.. going from Neyland stadium to that is going to be ROUGH

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Man, you're gonna be shocked when Texas joins

lol why? Quinn Ewers had like 100 yards in a quarter and could've had more against Bama. Tennessee-Bama had more points/blown coverages in it then OSU/TCU. Same as Auburn/Ole Miss.

SEC has more talented players/defences but this folk tale of them being the only conference in the country that plays defence has been wrong for a while.

Alabamas least points scored has come against a big 12 team this year, Tennessee has come against an ACC team.

The SEC finally caught up with the rest of CFB in level of offence/play callers with the talent they have so the defences aren't as good as they were once made out to be. they still have the most talent, but jesus

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
lol why? Quinn Ewers had like 100 yards in a quarter and could've had more against Bama. Tennessee-Bama had more points/blown coverages in it then OSU/TCU. Same as Auburn/Ole Miss.

SEC has more talented players/defences but this folk tale of them being the only conference in the country that plays defence has been wrong for a while.

Alabamas least points scored has come against a big 12 team this year, Tennessee has come against an ACC team
No one thinks they're the only conference that plays defense; we've all seen the Big10.

Georgia's lowest was against Missouri. After that? Samford. Clearly one off games are not the way to judge. But let's just do it for fun. Who did Texas score the least amount of points against?

Like I said, you're gonna be shocked when Texas joins.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
No one thinks they're the only conference that plays defense; we've all seen the Big10.

Georgia's lowest was against Missouri. After that? Samford. Clearly one off games are not the way to judge. But let's just do it for fun. Who did Texas score the least amount of points against?

Like I said, you're gonna be shocked when Texas joins.

The same Texas with their back up QB who missed 2 wide open deep shots?

Let me guess, Tennessee vs Alabama was just a great SEC game with two SEC schools going at?

SEC schools switched over to big12 offence and now they pretty much all easily score 30 a game against each other.

USC, like a healthy Texas and other school could put up points on SEC defences

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The same Texas with their back up QB who missed 2 wide open deep shots? great response.

Let me guess, Tennessee vs Alabama was just a great SEC game with two SEC schools going at?
I mean, if you're going to play the what if game, then no one plays defense and every offense is amazing. If you want to play the injury game, we can go all day.

No, it was a pretty shitty SEC game that looked more like a Big12 game.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I mean, if you're going to play the what if game, then no one plays defense and every offense is amazing. If you want to play the injury game, we can go all day.

No, it was a pretty shitty SEC game that looked more like a Big12 game.

Lol, all these big time SEC games have looked like "big12" games.

Georgia historical defence allowed 41 last year and was probably gonna lose to a high powered offence before Alabama lost 2 of their starting WRs. Let's not act like the SEC is above everyone else when it comes to defence, because most of the time when they go up against a school that is actually smart on offence with play calls they allow points and look like a "big 12" school I guess.

me playing the what if games but the response is a high scoring game in the SEC, which is normal is a shitty big 12 game. Shocking I tell ya, shocking.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Lol, all these big time SEC games have looked like "big12" games.

Georgia historical defence allowed 41 last year and was probably gonna lose to a high powered offence before Alabama lost 2 of their starting WRs. Let's not act like the SEC is above everyone else when it comes to defence, because most of the time when they go up against a school that is actually smart on offence with play calls they allow points and look like a "big 12" school I guess.

me playing the what if games but the response is a high scoring game in the SEC, which is normal is a shitty big 12 game. Shocking I tell ya, shocking.
No they haven't. Missouri/Georgia was 26/22. Kentucky Florida was 26/16. And so on. Alabama and Georgia have fantastic defenses, they just also have sublime offenses. I mean, Alabama WR corps last year was absurd and they had a top QB throwing to them. Look at what Georgia did to Oregon.

Like I said, we'll see what happens when Texas joins the SEC.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
NFL 1st Round Defensive Draft Picks
YearSECBig10Big12ACCPAC12Other
2023*622310
Total291541559
* From this mock draft; not included in totals

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
NFL 1st Round Defensive Draft Picks
YearSECBig10Big12ACCPAC12Other
2023*622310
Total291541559
* From this mock draft; not included in totals

Thank you for completely missing my point. Never once did I say the SEC lacks talent when it comes to defence. I said people gotta stop acting like every time a school outside of the SEC would face an SEC school they'll struggle to put up points because of the "vaunted" SEC defence. Even when the great Nick Saban (defence first coach) said you need a great offence to do well nowadays, hence his hires of Lane, Sark.

I was also replying to the guy who thinks USC would lose to half the teams in the SEC, which is insane really. Because SC doesn't play defence. If USC went up against most schools, it would look like they don't play defence.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad