NCAA: Week 6: A Red River Runs Through It

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
not wrong. Same thing goes for why Tennessee is ranked despite getting drubbed by a mid-tier Florida team as the only game they've had against a team with a pulse. Neither them should be ranked at present over, say, Air Force at 5-0.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
not wrong. Same thing goes for why Tennessee is ranked despite getting drubbed by a mid-tier Florida team as the only game they've had against a team with a pulse. Neither them should be ranked at present over, say, Air Force at 5-0.
I was surprised Air Force wasn’t ranked, though Wyoming is probably better.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I was surprised Air Force wasn’t ranked, though Wyoming is probably better.
yeah Wyoming is sneaky good this year with a couple impressive Ws already. @AFA this weekend should be a fun one if the national night-caps look like duds. UNC-Miami and Oregon State-UCLA should be good matchups though, and of course this weekend is USC-ND

Reactions: GKJ

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
gameday may as well already announced where they are going next week at this point.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I hope Air Force can beat Wyoming. Would be nice to see an academy not only ranked but undefeated and possibly into a NY6 game. Hell if they go undefeated they could be in the mix for the playoff lol wouldn’t that be amazing

Also the longer Air Force stays undefeated the more pressure it puts on the voting committee, at some point you gotta recognize the 0 in the loss column. How they are unranked still is nuts. They are a good team

You got Air Force unranked, good chance of winning the Mountain West, best g5 team and then have ND at #21 with 2 losses who got their ass kicked by Louisville lol make it make sense

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
AP Top 25: USC falls after winning for 3rd week in a row. Miami is still ranked.
Not surprising, USC can win all they want but until they show some sign of playing D they shouldn’t be anywhere near a playoff spot. Only reason they have a 0 in the loss column is because of Caleb. Lincoln Riley has to start coaching up the D or changing his style of play because clearly the committee aren’t impressed. You can’t be a serious playoff contender if you’re going to 3 OT’s against Arizona while giving up 40+ points a week

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Air Force has no chance at making the playoff

NY6 though, absolutely, and that would be fun

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
A&M at least had a respectable loss

/s

Not that I am necessarily disagreeing but if you are paying Jimbo 100m I would have to think that playing the worst Alabama team in 10 years at home would have to be an unacceptable loss.

Maybe that is different from whether it is a respectable loss or not but in year 6 and a bunch of top 5 recruiting classes I have to think the expectation should be respectable losses at home to non-elite teams.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not that I am necessarily disagreeing but if you are paying Jimbo 100m I would have to think that playing the worst Alabama team in 10 years at home would have to be an unacceptable loss.

Maybe that is different from whether it is a respectable loss or not but in year 6 and a bunch of top 5 recruiting classes I have to think the expectation should be respectable losses at home to non-elite teams.

Thats why I put the little sarcasm symbol at the bottom :lol:

This team is just comical to follow at this point.

Reactions: MM917

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Should give Jimbo a bigger extension, imo

Hey I was actually calling for Deion last offseason

But I'm sure he knows he can do better than coming into the mess that is Texas A&M football

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Hey I was actually calling for Deion last offseason

But I'm sure he knows he can do better than coming into the mess that is Texas A&M football
if the boosters can get the money, I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys chase Urban

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad