NFL GDT: Week 5

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
This probably won’t happen due to the market they play in but both NY teams should be flexed out of any prime time tv slots. The Giants are a complete embarassment right now, you can’t have them playing on SNF/MNF you’ll have people tuning out by half time

Reactions: WeThreeKings

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
It could get really ugly for the Giants soon, they have Miami and Buffalo on the road. The game in Buffalo is on SNF lol. If Seattle got 11 sacks on Jones last night, how many will Buffalo get in 2 weeks? Lol.

Sep 19, 2008
1696326396678.jpeg

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
This probably won’t happen due to the market they play in but both NY teams should be flexed out of any prime time tv slots. The Giants are a complete embarassment right now, you can’t have them playing on SNF/MNF you’ll have people tuning out by half time
Seeing alot of these posts about flexing games especially the KC/NYC game last week. There are some rules about flexing

First, this is the first week for games to be flexed on Sunday Night only.

For Sunday Night Football: only 2 games total can be flexed between week 5 to week 10. Weeks 11 to 17 are at the NFL’s discretion and any game can be flexed on SNF during this time.

Monday Night Football: flexing can happen only between weeks 12-17 and this is just an experiment for this year only. They are going to revisit MNF flexing in the offseason. Costs alot of money to move games on a Monday

Thursday Night Football: only 2 games total can be flexed between weeks 13 to 17.

This is where it gets tricky. The only games that can be flexed are Sunday afternoon games that are currently listed as TBD on the current schedule between week 5 thru week 17.

More flexing rules which complicate the flexing. Point is, the NFL can not just flex games like it’s Madden video football. The below listed rules make it difficult to swap games around at will. Especially Monday and Thursday.

Additional Flexible Scheduling Information

• During the Flex Scheduling Windows, only Sunday afternoon or TBD games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night, Monday, or Thursday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, or Thursday Night Football during the Flex Scheduling Windows will generally be listed at 8:20 p.m. ET, 8:15 p.m. ET, and 8:15 p.m. ET, respectively.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will typically be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during the Flex Scheduling Windows except for games played in Pacific or Mountain time zones, which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • For Sunday Night Football in Weeks 5-13 and for Monday Night Football in Weeks 12-17, the NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN) and announce no later than 12 days in advance of the game, which game will be played on Sunday night and which game will be played on Monday night.
  • For Sunday Night Football in Weeks 14-17, the flexible scheduling decision will generally be made no later than 6 daysprior to the game.
  • For Thursday Night Football in Weeks 13-17, the flexible scheduling decision will be made no later than 28 days prior to the game.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in the Flex Scheduling Windows are subject to change generally at least 12 days in advance (and at least 6 days in advance for Sundays in Weeks 14-17) and should plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: stats1

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
One thing to move the time of a game on a Sunday. MNF, if this is an EST team, game ends after 11pm and you are probably lucky to get home by midnight.

There is a reason certain teams never appear on SNF and why you saw a lot of NE, KC, GB over the years when Brady, Rodgers and now Mahomes are there. Last season, networks rolled the dice and bet on Denver and came up snake eyes. This season, it was the Jets and Rodgers and he does down on the first drive.

Reactions: Barnum

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Giants overachieved last season.

They added a CB, C, WR in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Rolled the dice on Waller but he's been what he has been the last 2 years for LV and that is injured mostly and unmotivated when active.
Giants have 2 first round picks at OT both on rookie deals along with a C from this past draft. Injuries and poor play on the OL killing them. Plus, no real playmakers at the receiver positions.

That contract for Jones, no idea what the Giants cap is that messed up that they pushed so much of the cap charge into the future. $40 mill in signing bonus and only $7 mill in base salary in 2023.

Jones on a franchise tag in the $30 odd mill range, like Jackson would have been and Barkley on a 4 year deal for $60 mill with $25-26 mill guaranteed made way more sense.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Which brother is better, Daniel or Mac?
They ain’t brothers but this year, Mac has had 1 bad game and 3 average games while Daniel has sucked every game. Stats look a little closer than they really are but if you account QB rating, Mac is better at this point but it’s not like he is a doing great either. Mac’s been the average with the game against the Cowboys notwithstanding. I amtaking Mac but holding my nose too. I figure NE is looking at 7-8 wins while NY will be lucky to win 5 or 6.

Strength of schedule slight favors the Giants but not by much at this point.

NEP - Eagles, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys

NYG - Cowboys, Cards, 49ers, Seahawks

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Like G-Idle Ben Johnson is the trend

Football is weird. So often I'm amazed when I hear people that really know the sport talk the X's and O's. Then, there's other times like this where Ben Johnson is being praised as a genius because he ran a play one time, saw that half the field was open, and then ran that play again with an adjustment to take advantage of that open half of the field?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Football is weird. So often I'm amazed when I hear people that really know the sport talk the X's and O's. Then, there's other times like this where Ben Johnson is being praised as a genius because he ran a play one time, saw that half the field was open, and then ran that play again with an adjustment to take advantage of that open half of the field?
Teams watch video to look for tendencies. So to counter that you want to be able to run multiple plays via the same formation or throw a wrinkle into the same play as the season goes along.

That’s part of great coaching. And why some teams struggle as the season progresses because they can’t make the adjustments to the counter.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Teams watch video to look for tendencies. So to counter that you want to be able to run multiple plays via the same formation or throw a wrinkle into the same play as the season goes along.

That’s part of great coaching. And why some teams struggle as the season progresses because they can’t make the adjustments to the counter.
Yeah, I guess to me that sounds less like great coaching and more like coaching 101. Or really, any game 101.

Playing 1 on 1 vs your brother in the driveway and you drive to your right 5 straight times. He starts to lean that way to defend it? You fake right and go left.

I'm a Lions fan and love Ben Johnson, but that video just seems like it's describing that basic role of what an offensive coordinator does.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yeah, I guess to me that sounds less like great coaching and more like coaching 101. Or really, any game 101.

Playing 1 on 1 vs your brother in the driveway and you drive to your right 5 straight times. He starts to lean that way to defend it? You fake right and go left.

I'm a Lions fan and love Ben Johnson, but that video just seems like it's describing that basic role of what an offensive coordinator does.

Maybe it is what an OC should do, there is at least one guy in Pittsburgh who has a playbook that is so shallow it seems like it was pulled from Tecmo Bowl. If a play works once he runs the same one another half dozen times the same exact way

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Seeing alot of these posts about flexing games especially the KC/NYC game last week. There are some rules about flexing

First, this is the first week for games to be flexed on Sunday Night only.

For Sunday Night Football: only 2 games total can be flexed between week 5 to week 10. Weeks 11 to 17 are at the NFL’s discretion and any game can be flexed on SNF during this time.

Monday Night Football: flexing can happen only between weeks 12-17 and this is just an experiment for this year only. They are going to revisit MNF flexing in the offseason. Costs alot of money to move games on a Monday

Thursday Night Football: only 2 games total can be flexed between weeks 13 to 17.

This is where it gets tricky. The only games that can be flexed are Sunday afternoon games that are currently listed as TBD on the current schedule between week 5 thru week 17.

More flexing rules which complicate the flexing. Point is, the NFL can not just flex games like it’s Madden video football. The below listed rules make it difficult to swap games around at will. Especially Monday and Thursday.
Thanks for this. All I knew was as they could start flexing by week 5 lol

Giants' Evan Neal calls out 'sheep' fans for booing, suggests they 'flip hot dogs and hamburgers somewhere'

This fat ass is getting beat every snap, clearly went to the school of Darren Waller cashing in when it matters the most.

BUM!
Imagine being so insecure about yourself you make generalizations about football fans as people “who flip hot dogs and hamburgers” the entitlement he’s probably felt since he was a kid is probably alarming. Dude was this king at Alabama so he thinks he’s the exception to any criticism lol

Also it isn’t just fans that are criticizing him. He was called out by a Hall of Famer in Troy Aikman. He’s sucked ass lately that’s just facts. The guy is getting destroyed every time off the snap.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I have a crazy thought, so can someone tell me if i am crazy?

If the bengals lose 1 of the next 2 going into the bye week. Do they trade Tee Higgins and rest Joe Burrow?

Can draft one of the OL, hell even MHJ and get a pretty good pick for Higgins?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have a crazy thought, so can someone tell me if i am crazy?

If the bengals lose 1 of the next 2 going into the bye week. Do they trade Tee Higgins and rest Joe Burrow?

Can draft one of the OL, hell even MHJ and get a pretty good pick for Higgins?
You’re crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad