NCAA: Week 5: Grandmaster Prime and the Delirious Sleep Deprived

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Maybe if they boatrace them
I think it's a 10 point difference between Michigan/Texas.

IF Texas wins, they would have a win over a top 5 team on the road, top 15 team neutral site and top 25 team at home. Think that'd be good enough for #2, even if I don't agree they're the number 2 ranked team.

Reactions: DaveG

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
another 49-0 would be wonderful. I think Texas wins 38-24 however.

I'm biased but college football is better when the iron bowl, RRS, and the game have national meaning.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Maybe if they boatrace them
I'm not sure, simply because if Texas wins there's nobody left on their schedule that would be a strong candidate to beat them. A team being in that strong of a position going forward is going to be pretty significant to a lot of voters.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Trust in Venables
images

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I have to say college polls have become kind of dumb. Its a collection of a lot of voters who are looking at the schedule and making decisions on that as well as what's going on now. Considering the formulas used for playoff seeding now and especially next year, voting polls have become kind of irrelevant.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Feels like the expansion is one year too late. We might have undefeated teams in the SEC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, and ACC.

Georgia, Michigan/Ohio State, Texas, Florida State, and the Pac-12 winner (Washington/USC/Oregon).

Ton of elite teams in the NCAA this year.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
If Georgia has another lacklustre game and Michigan destroys Minnesota I could see the voters putting Michigan at #1. Yes Michigan has a cupcake schedule basically until “The Game” but voters aren’t going to leave out an undefeated blue blood. Either way it’s going to be interesting if they leave out a 1 loss -OSU or Michigan after “The Game”

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Georgia has another lacklustre game and Michigan destroys Minnesota I could see the voters putting Michigan at #1. Yes Michigan has a cupcake schedule basically until “The Game” but voters aren’t going to leave out an undefeated blue blood. Either way it’s going to be interesting if they leave out a 1 loss -OSU or Michigan after “The Game”
I don’t know, Kentucky is undefeated.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
RRS is a hard game to predict, because records truly don't matter. Outside of Stoops just destroying Mack.

I'd be pretty stunned if we lose this. For the first time in a LONG time. Texas has an advantage on the headsets and players really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad