Pre-Game Talk: Week 20: Week of Continuing Sorrow. 'Yotes, Nucks, @Wangs, Leaves

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

I asked Rantanen after the game if it’s easy to go from being friendly with a former teammate, to competing against them a few hours later.

“I think it’s easy. You see guys, sometimes if the schedule is right, you go to dinner with guys the night before. Get together a little bit and talk about all things and how they’re doing currently. I have no issues turning it on at night and try to bury him. He’s a great guy, he likes to talk on the ice too, so should be fun.”

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Conflicted feelings tonight with Bains' debut. Hoping for a hat trick but with an Avs win. Sorry, Georgie.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You know he’ll get his first goal tonight too
I hope he does... he's good kid who has worked his ass off to get here. Passed over pretty much everywhere to just keep earning his chances. I don't know if he sticks long-term in the NHL, but I am surely cheering for him.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I didn't realize Vancouver was hording centers. Capfriendly lists 7 players capable of playing C for them: Miller, Petersson, Lindhom, Bleuger, Suter, Lafferty, and Åman.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The bains I'm currently experiencing are arshdeep.
giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I didn't realize Vancouver was hording centers. Capfriendly lists 7 players capable of playing C for them: Miller, Petersson, Lindhom, Bleuger, Suter, Lafferty, and Åman.
Yeah they kinda went nuts grabbing centers. But the decision to push Petey to the wing opened up the Lindholm spot in the top 6. Blueger's chemistry with Joshua and Garland also allowed them to push Suter to the wing in the top 6 and cover up Mikheyev's struggles. If they could get a 2nd line wing to push Suter to 4C... they'd be in really good shape with the ability sub in guys when injuries happen.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
We are currently in the best era of young dman in the league maybe ever. Its really impressive when you look around and see some of the great pivots out there. Hughes, Fox, Dahlin, Morrissey, Heiskanen and Bouchard can all win the Norris on any given season. Hughes just happens to be leading the pact of these impressive dman ever since he entered the league with Fox right behind him.
It's sad that a few of my nuck fans and Avs fans need to constantly shit on the other teams guy, instead of just enjoying the fact we have the two Norris favourites and two of the few teams that are actually fun to watch.
I pray for the good of the game these teams face off in the WCF.

It's crazy to think what might have happened if in 2017 both teams finish where they should have draft wise.

Reactions: Snow Arc

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
100%. Nucks are gonna beat us so bad that Captain Quinn will force Frail Cale to skate out his Conn Smythe and Norris to hand it to him at center ice after the beatdown. My head says to skip this one but my heart says that it wants to be punished. See you all later.
It's so weird to see Avs fans still stuck in 2019. Turn the page, both fanbases supported their guy and said a lot of dumb shit, gotta a lot of thread bans now it's time to just enjoy what both bring to the game.

This extends to the same ones from Vancouver that act the same way towards Cale.

• Wow
Reactions: missionAvs

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
It's so weird to see Avs fans still stuck in 2019. Turn the page, both fanbases supported their guy and said a lot of dumb shit, gotta a lot of thread bans now it's time to just enjoy what both bring to the game.

This extends to the same ones from Vancouver that act the same way towards Cale.
f*** that noise.

Bin Hughes #amirite
Quinn Poos #amirite
Grim Hughes #amirite
Quinn Lose #amirite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad