NFL GDT: Week 17

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was really dumb for Mullens to not start, much less wait so long to go to him. And the extra touchdown really burned them. I don't know what they were looking for out of Hall in this situation. This wasn't the one for him, the Vikings don't play that complimentary game to support that, unless Hall was having some of the best practices anyone's ever seen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What a disaster of a half for the Vikings. Not that I'd fire them, but I don't think any of the coaching staff and front office have job security after how this month has gone.
Don't know I'd go that far. O'Connell is clearly the NFC coach of the year having to endure all of this. Starting Hall over Mullens was an unforced error though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Packers/Bears next week will be Sunday 4:25 as the feature on Fox. My guess. Packers going to be in virtually the same spot they were in last year. Division rival at home, still playing to win. Maybe Seattle/Arizona goes Saturday.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Don't know I'd go that far. O'Connell is clearly the NFC coach of the year having to endure all of this. Starting Hall over Mullens was an unforced error though.
The NFL by its nature has close games, and O'Connell's late game management this past month has been horrid. Plus replacing Dobbs with Mullens wasn't smart. During that terrible game in Vegas it was our receivers dropping it that was the problem as oppose to Dobbs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The NFL by its nature has close games, and O'Connell's late game management this past month has been horrid. Plus replacing Dobbs with Mullens wasn't smart. During that terrible game in Vegas it was our receivers dropping it that was the problem as oppose to Dobbs.
I mean in that game, you need just one score and trying to find any way to get it. If he’s throwing balls the receivers find more catchable, if he’s got it then you got it.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I mean in that game, you need just one score and trying to find any way to get it. If he’s throwing balls the receivers find more catchable, if he’s got it then you got it.
All in all though tonight is a team loss. Defense has been blowing coverages all night long. Heck, we would've given up 10 more points had Love not missed 2 TD throws.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Go let's give GB this game. Let's give them next week against Chicago too. Who do they need help from? Have they any tie breakers in their favour?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Not having a quarterback or running back is a start
They don't try to run, or use the clock..just throw with a 4th string QB and punt .. interception...whatever.. you can't lean on av4th string QB..he isn't cousins..call a different game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We're gonna go to Week 18 and only 5 NFC teams have been eliminated

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Bills at Dolphins is the last game of the season next Sunday Night. It’s for the AFC East no matter what happens…but if Jacksonville beats the Titans (who have packed it in) and the Steelers beat the Ravens backups…it’s also a lose and you are out for Buffalo.

in that incredibly likely scenario…they can either be the 2 seed…or eliminated. And nothing else.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Bills at Dolphins is the last game of the season next Sunday Night. It’s for the AFC East no matter what happens…but if Jacksonville beats the Titans (who have packed it in) and the Steelers beat the Ravens backups…it’s also a lose and you are out for Buffalo.

in that incredibly likely scenario…they can either be the 2 seed…or eliminated. And nothing else.
Shush

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Just preparing myself for all the punting and field goal attempts McClappy is going to turtle into. Big game Sean, baby.
God save us from McD... I hope Josh does what he usually does against Miami and has a great game. I feel sick thinking of what Coach McD will do or not do. Now I'm sitting here lamenting all the games that we should've won . Those Philly and Denver games loom large. Well we could've easily won any of those losses but those 2 stick out.... Goddamn 12 men on the field smh.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Packers 2nd string QB Clifford tosses 40 yards to 2nd string receiver Melton. Fire the DC so Green Bay can hire him!

Aaron Jones punched in nose. He is the sweetest guy. That punch was meant for somebody else!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad