NFL GDT: Week 15

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The Eagles are fraudulent.

Brian Johnson might be the worst OC in the league. The offense is so stagnant and gross. No motion, no easy throws. People are putting a lot of blame on Hurts (who has not been great) but he is being asked to one man carry this offense. They miss Steichen baaaaad. who was clearly the mastermind of the offense (check out the results he's getting with Minshew).

Defense finally looked better last night then let f***in Drew Lock go 92 yards for the win. Unbelievable.
Reminds me a lot of the Bills before their OC change. Not sure how a team with Hurts, Brown, Smith, Swift and Goedert is this stale looking on offence. Cook up some better schemes you have 2 elite level receivers, an elite QB and a pretty good RB/TE.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The public health official is so narcissistic. Wr all knew he wasn't coming back. Just to stay in the news. He is fun to watch play but such a diva.

Brian Johnson might be the worst OC in the league. The offense is so stagnant and gross. No motion, no easy throws. People are putting a lot of blame on Hurts (who has not been great) but he is being asked to one man carry this offense. They miss Steichen baaaaad. who was clearly the mastermind of the offense (check out the results he's getting with Minshew).

Defense finally looked better last night then let f***in Drew Lock go 92 yards for the win. Unbelievable.
Yeah, it's time to accept the 2023 are not capable of winning a Super Bowl and probably are around a 9-10 win team in reality. I do think they can regroup for next year though and make another push with the correct moves. Will have an easier schedule too. Jalen is always going for the big play and he forgets the tight end exist. That needs to be coached into him, to accept checkdowns. Team has too much talent offensively to be struggling.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Props to Jim Bob over on the Sabres board for bringing this to my attention but I wonder just what on earth these two did to get suspended for the rest of the season during a playoff push ?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Props to Jim Bob over on the Sabres board for bringing this to my attention but I wonder just what on earth these two did to get suspended for the rest of the season during a playoff push ?

Wonder what they did. As two fringe roster players they really have no margin for error at this point in careers so this could be wrap for both to be honest as NFL players

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Wonder what they did. As two fringe roster players they really have no margin for error at this point in careers so this could be wrap for both to be honest as NFL players
I wonder as well. Its shocking to me because Isaiah was always a team player when he was on the Bills. It might be something serious.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Our long national nightmare is finally over!! See you in '24 bud! :clap:

1703022073547.png

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

Hurts is a one man carry? Lol. Cmon. He’s had more help than anyone. Drafted Smith with a top 10 pick. Traded a 1st to get Aj Brown. Top tight end in the league. Best (or at least top 5) offensive line in the nfl. Refs in his back pocket. Good RB. Almost half of his touchdowns are his offensive line bullying the other teams defensive front and someone shoving his ass over the line.

He can’t read a defense. It’s been apparent since he’s entered the league. He has a fantastic supporting cast, but makes costly, costly mistakes. Tons of turnovers.

It’s crazy because if Eagles improved the QB, they probably win a Super Bowl. I’m hoping they don’t realize.

Reactions: fin8

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hurts is a one man carry? Lol. Cmon. He’s had more help than anyone. Drafted Smith with a top 10 pick. Traded a 1st to get Aj Brown. Top tight end in the league. Best (or at least top 5) offensive line in the nfl. Refs in his back pocket. Good RB. Almost half of his touchdowns are his offensive line bullying the other teams defensive front and someone shoving his ass over the line.

He can’t read a defense. It’s been apparent since he’s entered the league. He has a fantastic supporting cast, but makes costly, costly mistakes. Tons of turnovers.

It’s crazy because if Eagles improved the QB, they probably win a Super Bowl. I’m hoping they don’t realize.
They seem to go away from the run too quickly. Not patient enough with it. Too many deep shots in the pass game.
Defence the back 7 not
Getting it done but the front 4 not as good as last season. But

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You keep saying this stuff about Hurts not reading defenses, that’s been demonstrably untrue. If anything he’s excelled at it relative to the issues plaguing the offense.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Have you watched any of the games? The Eagles can’t scheme for shit. They run no motion, guys aren’t getting open easily at all.

They have the players but they aren’t putting them in the right positions to win.

Saying Hurts is the problem is laughable , he arguably should have been MVP last year and would have been Super Bowl MVP if his defense could have held up. Has he played worse this year? For sure, but he’s also been playing hurt and it is clear that the downgrade from Steichen to Johnson is crushing them as an offense.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not sure why anyone is responding. It would be funny if quarterback who "cant read a defense" finishes ahead of the Cowboys for a 2nd year in a row and the first team to win the NFC East in back to back seasons in nearly 20 years.

Blake Bortles
Nick Foles
Case Keenum
Ryan Tannehill
Jimmy G

What do all these quarterbacks have in common? They all have made it to the conference championship games since Rayne Dakota has come into the league, something he has yet been able to do in his 8 year career. Ouch :laugh:.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Have you watched any of the games? The Eagles can’t scheme for shit. They run no motion, guys aren’t getting open easily at all.

They have the players but they aren’t putting them in the right positions to win.

Saying Hurts is the problem is laughable , he arguably should have been MVP last year and would have been Super Bowl MVP if his defense could have held up. Has he played worse this year? For sure, but he’s also been playing hurt and it is clear that the downgrade from Steichen to Johnson is crushing them as an offense.
The Eagles scheme last year didn’t run much motion yet did excel, but the issue there is that there’s no evolution of the offense. Due in part to the injury, he’s also not utilized in read-option concepts as much, and at times not running at all (due in part to injury).

Last year was also the first time since like high school or something he had the same offensive coordinator 2 years in a row.

They’ve definitely sent the message though that poor play calling is not an excuse, but do they recognize it? It seems to me they what people are saying he is doing wrong, they’re telling him to know is right. They seem to start halves effectively, but they don’t come off the field or look on the sideline acting confused, other than AJ who I guess insists he get the ball when he’s the first read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad