NFL GDT: Week 14

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
LOLOLOL at everyone that thought GB was legit. Love is 100% out of the league by 2025. He’s not a starting caliber QB and has proven time and time again that he can’t throw the ball beyond 10 yards.

The GB defense is relentlessly pathetic too. All the wasted draft picks on all these busts. There’s nothing on the defensive side of the ball that tells you they have any sort of promising future at all, which is all you keep hearing from the mainstream media who keeps pumping up GB like always.

They’re a fraud. The front office has failed, drafting Love was beyond stupid and they’ve been working on this rebuild now for 2-3 years and it’s going NOWHERE. The D is still awful. The special teams is still awful. They have no legit #1 WRs or true game breaking talents. MLF isn’t the right man at HC, routinely gets outcoached. And Love simply isn’t the answer at QB.

But sure ESPN , go ahead and pretend they’re some sort of contender just because the refs gave them a fluke win over KC smh…

Glad the NYG exposed them tonight. And New York isn’t even that good, AND they tried their hardest to give the game away too….Lol
What an absolutely horrible take lol.

Love is at least a decent starter, maybe not a franchise QB but he has had a pretty solid season. Oh ya and what is he working with at offensive positions? Romeo Doubs, rookie TE, rookie TE, rookie WR, corpse of AJ Dillon at RB, one hamstring Christian Watson.

Have you watched any NFL games this season? We got f***in Easton Stick, Aidan O'Connel, DTR, Flacco, PJ Walker, Bailey Zappe, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle etc. etc. starting games. Love is miles better than any of those guys (maybe not Flacco I guess lol).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Burrow injury changed it. They looked like they were getting ready to roll again. They did lose to Houston at home but they went into SF and whooped them. That would’ve been the biggest win of the season by anybody.

Burrow injury is part of the problem but the afc as overall has been a complete letdown

Too many injuries on key players
Basically all of the top teams have major weaknesses on their roster (worse than expected)

Chiefs, offense/Wr’s, basically been carried by their defense
Dolphins, mentally weak, zero impressive wins against contenders/top tier teams
Buffalo, again too many injuries on defense+ costly mistakes keep happening
Jaguars, Vikings like pretenders, just haven’t looked dominating at any point of the season
Jets, offensive line even if Rodgers was healthy
Browns, injuries.

None of them are legit Super Bowl caliber teams but likely one of them will end up there

The most dominant teams have been SF& Dallas. AFC doesnt have a single team looking realistically as promising.
Ravens at their best can be there but you want more consistency of elite play

Last edited:

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
This actually looks like the kind of year where a mediocre team like Denver strings together a couple of wins and reach the SB only to get boat raced to oblivion by San Fran.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Love is at least a decent starter, maybe not a franchise QB but he has had a pretty solid season. Oh ya and what is he working with at offensive positions? Romeo Doubs, rookie TE, rookie TE, rookie WR, corpse of AJ Dillon at RB, one hamstring Christian Watson.

Have you watched any NFL games this season? We got f***in Easton Stick, Aidan O'Connel, DTR, Flacco, PJ Walker, Bailey Zappe, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle etc. etc. starting games. Love is miles better than any of those guys (maybe not Flacco I guess lol).
Love has been ok. Enough to warrant being GB's starter next season. But, I don't think he's been good enough to warrant another contract this off-season. Packers likely just play out the contract and if needed, tag him at $33 mill or whatever if he performs well next season.

Needs to take another step next season. Have to be better in crucial situations. When the opportunity for a big play presents itself, have to hit it. Needs to speed up the deliver if he doesn't have quite the arm strength to get the ball out in front of the WR, allowing the DB to make a play on it like in the LV and NYG (2nd last possession where Banks knocked it away).

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ross claims he would not want to take Harbaugh away from his alma mater but if the situation with the NCAA deteriorates even more that could change on a dime.

All I know is if they lose to the Jets this week they may not win another game. They are now decimated with injuries in key positions. An amazing number of fans here hate Coach Nerd even though he turned the culture around big time and would love to see Harbaugh here. There are things he does I don't care for (like abandoning the running game too soon and around the goal line) but big picture I don't blame him for these losses. As bad as they looked last night, that should have been a win but for some reason the defense absolutely choked in the last 4 minutes.
He needs to stop outsmarting himself (tbf at this point you could argue that's a league wide issue given some of the dumb shit we saw this week) but anyone asking for his firing straight up are idiots.

Finished 9-8 last year because he lost his starting QB which is generally a death blow (unless you find the next jesus AKA Jake Browning somehow) and had them playing well enough where they nearly stole a game from the Bills in Buffalo in the playoffs. This year he got them to 9 wins in the earliest i can ever remember, has built what is a clearly great locker room environment vibe and despite his brainfarts, appears to be a great coach.

This organization gave mediocre schlubs like Wannstedt and Philbin 4 seasons to be painfully mid, they can give Nerd more time.

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62
Sep 19, 2008

"On Monday, however, Mahomes acknowledged that the call was correct.

"Obviously I've seen it now, and if he didn't check and they weren't good, it is a foul. It is something you rarely see called in the NFL. But it was a foul; it's part of playing the game, man. You learn from it, it's part of being a person, you learn from your mistakes and try to be better next time," he said."

lol he backtracked

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

"On Monday, however, Mahomes acknowledged that the call was correct.

"Obviously I've seen it now, and if he didn't check and they weren't good, it is a foul. It is something you rarely see called in the NFL. But it was a foul; it's part of playing the game, man. You learn from it, it's part of being a person, you learn from your mistakes and try to be better next time," he said."

lol he backtracked
His initial reaction was in the heat of the moment. Yeah, he embarrassed himself a bit, but you can't blame him for being upset. He watched it back & realized it was a legitimate penalty. I like that he has/had that fire & emotion a good leader should have.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

Just look at the AFC, 3/4 OF the teams are playing backup QBs

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
His initial reaction was in the heat of the moment. Yeah, he embarrassed himself a bit, but you can't blame him for being upset. He watched it back & realized it was a legitimate penalty. I like that he has/had that fire & emotion a good leader should have.
Yeah I find it bizarre when people laugh at someone backtracking or admitting they were wrong.

'After more time and seeing the footage it was a foul and I was wrong.' Somehow people think this is a bad thing to admit when really it is the mature thing to do. He was caught up in the moment and emotional.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Yeah I find it bizarre when people laugh at someone backtracking or admitting they were wrong.

'After more time and seeing the footage it was a foul and I was wrong.' Somehow people think this is a bad thing to admit when really it is the mature thing to do. He was caught up in the moment and emotional.
Him blasting off to Josh Allen was low budget, no excuse.. shake the man's hand and tell him good game.
Everyone gets f***ed once in a while but not Patty or Travis because they are HOF players and a good play should stand ,penalty or not.

Reactions: Bender

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Him blasting off to Josh Allen was low budget, no excuse.. shake the man's hand and tell him good game.
Everyone gets f***ed once in a while but not Patty or Travis because they are HOF players and a good play should stand ,penalty or not.
I mean I think basically everyone agrees with that, he made a mistake going off like he did. My point is that if you own up to your mistake you shouldn't be mocked. Mahomes has been pretty damn classy his entire career, if I was him I would have thrown my entire WR corps under the bus a long damn time ago.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I mean I think basically everyone agrees with that, he made a mistake going off like he did. My point is that if you own up to your mistake you shouldn't be mocked. Mahomes has been pretty damn classy his entire career, if I was him I would have thrown my entire WR corps under the bus a long damn time ago.
Unlike his family

• Haha

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd be willing to bet Mahomes blowing his top at the refs was more just general frustration boiling over and they ate it since he can't murder Kadarius Toney on national TV.

He gets the benefit of the doubt. First time he's ever done anything like that and it's been a rough year relative to the Chiefs level of excellence.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'd be willing to bet Mahomes blowing his top at the refs was more just general frustration boiling over and they ate it since he can't murder Kadarius Toney on national TV.

Exactly what I was thinking. He understandably couldn't contain his frustration during the game, and the team needed a narrative so it didn't look like he was exploding at his own teammate. Who, frankly, should've been cut by now. The costs of Toney's mistakes have far outweighed anything he's provided to the team.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
I can chalk up the on-field blowup to heat of the moment frustration, it's the post-game pressers that were the real embarassment. Him caping for Kelce's legacy was such a gong show, I figure Kelce was thinking "Why is he dragging me in this shit?"

Reactions: LT

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I can chalk up the on-field blowup to heat of the moment frustration, it's the post-game pressers that were the real embarassment. Him caping for Kelce's legacy was such a gong show, I figure Kelce was thinking "Why is he dragging me in this shit?"
Maybe the Travis Kelce retirement is actually going to happen sooner rather than later. He’s 2 years younger than Jason but he’s more dependent on pure athleticism while Jason more strength and short distance quickness. After seeing the documentary from Jason it must be weighing on both brothers minds now. That’s why they started their podcast and Jason did nfl media seminar this off season. Travis doing SNL.

Maybe Pat and Travis have spoken about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad