NFL GDT: Week 14

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Very true, we'll see how it plays out. GB can't afford more than 2 losses at all. Probably need to go 3-1 to get in.

Tua sucks man
9-8 will involve tie breakers. Who and how many teams are tied will be the deciding factors. Those H2H games are key.
GB needs to have ATL win the south as they have H2H vs NO and still have to play TB. So they control that.

I don’t imagine the south teams being any better than 9-8
Minny gets Det twice, GB and on road vs Cincy. Outdoors for a dome team. Hmmm. Split Det and lose to Cincy gets Minny to 9-8
GB, probably at best is 3-1 to take them to 9-8. Vikings game is key.
Rams, no tie breaker vs GB. Have to play NO still so that’s a key game. Own the H2H vs Sea.
Sea, if they get to 9-8 by losing to pho and winning out, they would be 2-4 in division and have 2 loses vs east so have 6 conference losses. Not likely to win tie breakers as they don’t have any H2H vs the other clubs they could be tied with as they played Det and Car this season.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Id be pretty surprised if the game on Christmas between the Niners/Ravens isnt the Super Bowl. Never know though, cant count out Mahomes of Josh Allen.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
For every step forward Love takes he takes 2 steps backwards. He’s not starter material. GB needs to move on. Gut should be fired for this atrocious roster he’s put together.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The two playoff teams, these were bad games by both. Not just at the end but all night. Neither deserved to win, still found themselves in position to win, and both lost. The Dolphins at home.

Giants not mailing it in, the Eagles have to play them twice, neither will be easy. Or at least not as easy as it looked last month.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Right. Like all starters were all stars in their first season.
Love needs to step into his deep balls and not take that extra hitch to get the ball out. Left the one vs LV short that was picked by a 5’9 corner up against a 6 foot plus WR on the final drive. Had Dobbs open on the FG drive but left it short again.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know who to blame more. McDaniel for his inane playcalling (Yeah bro, a fade to a 5'8 WR is totally the right call) Tua for being unable to function without Hill or whatever pissed off deity demanding the entire starting O-Line and several key starters on defense had to end up on IR.

That is a bad, bad loss. The defense choked a 14 point lead but they also spent more than half the game on the field while STILL CONTRIBUTING MORE THAN THE OFFENSE. 6 points from the offense on drives not starting in the red zone. 7 on the Sieler pick six. Run game chops up the Titans all night? Go away from it! (this has been a problem for McDaniel's entire tenure) I think Tua probably gets the least blame. That o-line was beat to shit to the point they were using a converted guard to play center but still not a good look.

Just pissed. Eerie vibes to last year when Miami got blown away by San Francisco and the entire season fell apart.

With the schedule down the stretch (NYJ/DAL/BUF/BAL) i could see them winning most, if not all of those games or just as easily losing all 4 to miss the playoffs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Levis is legit

Titans have QB to build around

I think several teams will regret on passing on him this past draft
I had the comp for Levis as Wentz both good and bad. He has the tools and toughness to stand in the pocket. decision making sometimes trusts his arm too much. Not sure he can command a team.

Wentz had Pederson. Levis has a defensive hc and I dont know if the current OC is going to be as good as Smith was for them.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
FB_IMG_1702363435318.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I'm a one-share Packers fan. We have lost this year to Russell Wilson, Jimmy Garoppolo and now to the little cartoon Italian guy from the Giuseppe Pizza commercials. This is low key crushingly embarrassing.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Wow, I went to bed after the Dolphins went up 2 tds towards the end there, certainly did not expect that final result

So not that the Titans are a good team, but the Dolphins have still not beaten a good team this year, could they continue to crap the bed down the stretch, go 1-3 and lose the division to the Bills and miss the playoffs?

If that happens do they can McDaniel and go back to courting Harbaugh?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Wow, I went to bed after the Dolphins went up 2 tds towards the end there, certainly did not expect that final result

So not that the Titans are a good team, but the Dolphins have still not beaten a good team this year, could they continue to crap the bed down the stretch, go 1-3 and lose the division to the Bills and miss the playoffs?

If that happens do they can McDaniel and go back to courting Harbaugh?
Ross claims he would not want to take Harbaugh away from his alma mater but if the situation with the NCAA deteriorates even more that could change on a dime.

All I know is if they lose to the Jets this week they may not win another game. They are now decimated with injuries in key positions. An amazing number of fans here hate Coach Nerd even though he turned the culture around big time and would love to see Harbaugh here. There are things he does I don't care for (like abandoning the running game too soon and around the goal line) but big picture I don't blame him for these losses. As bad as they looked last night, that should have been a win but for some reason the defense absolutely choked in the last 4 minutes.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm a one-share Packers fan. We have lost this year to Russell Wilson, Jimmy Garoppolo and now to the little cartoon Italian guy from the Giuseppe Pizza commercials. This is low key crushingly embarrassing.

I saw this loss coming....teams who pull off big upsets like GB did last week usually have a bit of a letdown the next week, also did not help Giants came off a bye. Its likely why this game went from +8.5 to +6 by the time it began

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Best team the Dolphins beat is the Broncos and they’re clearly not the same team.

It’s never a good sign for your postseason aspirations to lose all the games to the best teams you play. Had they’ve been doing that, they could look past a loss like this.

Dolphins can still change that though if they finish strong.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ravens look like the only real contender in AFC right now.

I wonder when was the last time a team pulled off what the Titans just did here. Down 14, 3 minutes left and you win the game in regulation. Surreal.

Even the Ravens have their moments where they look average.

The afc was supposed to be so good

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
The thing is, the Ravens are perfectly capable of losing their first game of the playoffs as the #1 seed, it wouldn't shock me in the least if they were to do so.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Titans became the first team to win a game in which they were trailing by 14-plus points with under 3:00 minutes remaining since the Saints in Week 11, 2017, against Washington (34-31 in overtime), per NFL Research. From Week 12, 2017, until the Titans' Week 14 win, teams trailing by 14+ points with under 3:00 minutes remaining were 0-582.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Even the Ravens have their moments where they look average.

The afc was supposed to be so good
The Burrow injury changed it. They looked like they were getting ready to roll again. They did lose to Houston at home but they went into SF and whooped them. That would’ve been the biggest win of the season by anybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad