NCAA: Week 14: Championship Week Bear Market

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
LSU is such a weird team. Lose to the worst aTm team in decades then give UGA a game

Maybe not for long, what a weird INT
You would of thought they would have given A&M a better game as they are a rival but they got mashed on the ground.

They are very unlucky in this game so far though.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
TCU going for it on 4th and goal with the first possession of OT is very dumb. You pretty much lose if you don't get it, and getting it doesn't guarantee a win by any means (just means the opponent knows they have to go for it on 4th down). It's a completely different scenario from a 4th and goal in the run of non-OT play.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Think you still have to take TCU over 2 loss Bama and USC. They have 1 loss and it was in the conference championship game to a top 10 team in OT.

UGA
Mich
tOSU
TCU

Georgia boatraces them, but they still belong in the field.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I made the argument last year, I think it applies a little less year, but I don't think the committee should have to make Michigan beat Ohio State twice just to get to the championship game. But at the same time, I kinda feel like Ohio State should have to beat Michigan to get there.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Think you still have to take TCU over 2 loss Bama and USC. They have 1 loss and it was in the conference championship game to a top 10 team in OT.

UGA
Mich
tOSU
TCU

I'm not sure there's anyone Georgia doesn't boat race. Can't say for sure, but they might be a tier above OSU and UM too.

Lol fans booing because they did a tiebreaker for this yesterday

I made the argument last year, I think it applies a little less year, but I don't think the committee should have to make Michigan beat Ohio State twice just to get to the championship game. But at the same time, I kinda feel like Ohio State should have to beat Michigan to get there.
I would have no issue with TCU at 3 and OSU at 4, even if it's a little bit of bracket manipulation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure there's anyone Georgia doesn't boat race. Can't say for sure, but they might be a tier above OSU and UM too.

I would have no issue with TCU at 3 and OSU at 4, even if it's a little bit of bracket manipulation.
Well, if Ohio State were to beat Georgia, I guess that would need to be all to be said for whether or not they should get to play Michigan again.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

UGA
Mich
tOSU
TCU

TCU will be #3. No reason to drop them below OSU. The committee will also want to avoid a rematch in the semis.

Reactions: misterchainsaw

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
TCU will be #3. No reason to drop them below OSU. The committee will also want to avoid a rematch in the semis.
The more I think about it, the e more I think that's fair and not just bracket manipulation to avoid OSU-UM. You can't punish TCU for playing in their conference championship game in a comparison with OSU.

Reactions: JTBF81

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess the other thing to consider is whether or not they want to get Ohio State/Michigan on ESPN/ABC while they definitely can.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

As long as Michigan takes care of Purdue, it seems pretty clear UGA and UM are the clear 1 and 2. No reason they should have to play before the title game. Since the committee likely wants to avoid a conference rematch in the semis, UGA-OSU and UM-TCU seems most likely, with probably UGA-UM for the natty unless Duggan does some amazing things for TCU.

The more I think about it, the e more I think that's fair and not just bracket manipulation to avoid OSU-UM. You can't punish TCU for playing in their conference championship game in a comparison with OSU.
Yeah, with a very close loss today in an extra game that OSU didn't have to play, in addition to a stronger SOR and close SOS, yeah, TCU shouldn't drop below them

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
One team made their conference championship. One did not.

That should be the tiebreaker between TCU and Ohio State.

I get that it's a crazy year. But that's bullshit for Ohio State to waltz in as the #3 seed after getting blown out at home. They should be no higher than #4.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you're gonna run out of shotgun on 4th & inches, at least run a draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad