NCAA: Week 12: Up All Day and Night for the Pac-12

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I don't think any team is guaranteed at this point. Georgia is the only team that can really afford one loss.

The official rankings after yesterday should be:

1. Ga.
2. OSU
3. MU
4. TCU
5. LSU
6. USC
7/8. Clemson/Bama
9. Tennessee

The OSU/MU game is really interesting as it seems to be presumed that only OSU could still make it with a loss given their win over ND and MU's weak out of conference schedule.

I think a close loss by MU puts them behind an undefeated TCU, a one loss USC, and a 2-loss LSU but ahead of a one loss Clemson.

Would love to see the chaos that an upset by GT over Georgia would open up. Throw in losses by TCU (in the conf. champ), USC (to ND) and Clemson (to either SC or NC) and the loser of OSU/MU is in for sure then #4 becomes even more wide open.

Could Oregon get in with a Pac 12 championship?

Would a 2-loss Georgia still make it?

Personally don't view either OSU or Michigan as that great. Just that the winner gets in. Providing either doesn't choke in the Championship game.

OSU probably has the advantage though with Michigan's injuries and lack of offense. Their defense will help make a game out of it.

Georgia is in regardless. Unless something they completely shit the bed in their next two games. TCU is in as long as they win out.

That leaves the last spot to either Clemson or USC.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Personally don't view either OSU or Michigan as that great. Just that the winner gets in. Providing either doesn't choke in the Championship game.

OSU probably has the advantage though with Michigan's injuries and lack of offense. Their defense will help make a game out of it.

Georgia is in regardless. Unless something they completely shit the bed in their next two games. TCU is in as long as they win out.

That leaves the last spot to either Clemson or USC.

Throw in LSU with an SEC championship although after last year, you have to wonder how much Georgia will really care about the SEC championship knowing they are in and still maybe #2 with a loss. That could throw a bit of shade on an LSU win.

I think USC has the inside track, then LSU, OSU, Clemson. and MU.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Already rumours of Xavier Worthy transferring to USC. It’s gonna be interesting to see how many programs USC and Lincoln Riley piss off

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Already rumours of Xavier Worthy transferring to USC. It’s gonna be interesting to see how many programs USC and Lincoln Riley piss off
Life of the transfer portal. Worthy watching Addison put up numbers with Williams who has 1 more season left before he goes pro meanwhile Worthy has played with Ewers and Quinn hasn’t exactly locked down the starter job when Arch Manning arrives next year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How on earth is ole miss allowing this to happen? They should be high enough to tell Auburn to f*** off.

That said, i am an Auburn fan when it comes to the SEC. But he’s gonna screw them over too.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How on earth is ole miss allowing this to happen? They should be high enough to tell Auburn to f*** off.

That said, i am an Auburn fan when it comes to the SEC. But he’s gonna screw them over too.
All in the language of his contract. Surprised any SEC school would not have language in the deal to prevent a HC from jumping ship to another school on conference. I mean, this is Ole Miss not Kentucky or Vandy.

But for Lane, Ole Miss is in the middle of the pack when it comes to SEC programs. Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida and Auburn from the past 25 years or more have been regarded as better programs.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
There is no way that Bama gets in over a one loss OSU or UM right? Or a one loss Clemson or a 2 loss Oregon for that matter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There is no way that Bama gets in over a one loss OSU or UM right? Or a one loss Clemson or a 2 loss Oregon for that matter.
Have a hard time seeing Oregon jump them, especially if they don’t win the conference.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think OSU and UM loser would need it to be a close game in the final minutes to take an L and still get it. Lose by more than a TD and not have it close throughout the game, the loser would take a hit for that.

Georgia gets in regardless IMO. TCU needs to run the table. OSU/UM winner gets in. It's that 4th spot that would be up for grabs in that scenario. OSU/UM loser in a close game, vs PAC12 winner if it is USC, vs 1 loss ACC Clemson or 2 loss Alabama.
All h*ll breaks loose if TCU stumbles.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I know it's Alabama and each member of the committee probably touches themselves at night thinking of the Crimson Tide, but OSU and UMich are big names too and I don't think a 2-loss Alabama that failed to reach the SECCG is a viable option over those other programs, especially OSU. If the OSU-Michigan game is close, especially if it goes to OT, the loser might be considered IMO.

2-loss Oregon is 110% out. 1-loss Clemson with an ACC Championship is a possible option, though they'd get completely steamrolled against Georgia (which would make me happy.)

TCU is the wild-card here. If they win out they'll have a spot. However, this is TCU, winning out is no guarantee, and if they do lose a game we have two conclusions; namely, TCU is out and Chaos is in.

Barring one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports, Georgia has already clinched a spot. LSU gets a spot if they win the SEC and don't epically choke against a free-falling A&M program.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I know it's Alabama and each member of the committee probably touches themselves at night thinking of the Crimson Tide, but OSU and UMich are big names too and I don't think a 2-loss Alabama that failed to reach the SECCG is a viable option over those other programs, especially OSU. If the OSU-Michigan game is close, especially if it goes to OT, the loser might be considered IMO.

2-loss Oregon is 110% out. 1-loss Clemson with an ACC Championship is a possible option, though they'd get completely steamrolled against Georgia (which would make me happy.)

TCU is the wild-card here. If they win out they'll have a spot. However, this is TCU, winning out is no guarantee, and if they do lose a game we have two conclusions; namely, TCU is out and Chaos is in.

Barring one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports, Georgia has already clinched a spot. LSU gets a spot if they win the SEC and don't epically choke against a free-falling A&M program.
Michigan's weak sauce non-conference schedule is going to do them in.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Georgia wins 1 game and are in

OSU/MU wins this weekend are in

TCU wins out they are in, they lose this weekend but win the Big 12, still may be in but need USC to lose and MU to lose

USC wins out, they are in

LSU wins out, doesn't get past USC and maybe doesn't get past a 1 loss OSU

Bama needs TCU to lose two games, LSU to lose, MU to lose, and USC to lose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad