NCAA: Week 12: Up All Day and Night for the Pac-12

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
South Carolina has more points tonight than they scored against Charlotte - who fired their coach - and South Carolina State, who are 3-7 in FCS

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
South Carolina has more points tonight than they scored against Charlotte - who fired their coach - and South Carolina State, who are 3-7 in FCS
They had 230 something yards against Florida (lost 38-6) last week who lost to Vandy this week. This was truly out of nowhere. Everyone wanted Marcus Satterfield fired and the rumor was he was getting the guillotine at the end of the season. Not so sure now.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So right now
1)Georgia
2)OSU/MU winner
3)TCU
4) Wide the f*** open. (OSU if they lose, LSU if they beat Georgia, then.....
Clemson?)

It might be counterintuitive with teams ahead of them losing and shutting out inferior opposition, but this has been a very bad day for Bama with Tennessee and Ole Miss both getting blasted.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So right now
1)Georgia
2)OSU/MU winner
3)TCU
4) Wide the f*** open. (OSU if they lose, LSU if they beat Georgia, then.....
Clemson?)

It might be counterintuitive with teams ahead of them losing and shutting out inferior opposition, but this has been a very bad day for Bama with Tennessee and Ole Miss both getting blasted.
4 is USC if they win out.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
4 is USC if they win out.
I'm not at all convinced they're ahead of Clemson. The Pac-12 was awful non- conference, even worse than the ACC

EDIT: I guess closing against Notre Dame plus the Pac-12 championship game might give them an edge, but FWIW the ESPN playoff predictor has Clemson slightly ahead if both win out.

I absolutely think Ohio State is ahead of them both if they lose to Michigan.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The ACC Triangle schools are all losers today lol.

Just go ahead and have Georgia and Ohio State play for the championship. I'm convinced these are the two best teams.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I'm not at all convinced they're ahead of Clemson. The Pac-12 was awful non- conference, even worse than the ACC

EDIT: I guess closing against Notre Dame plus the Pac-12 championship game might give them an edge, but FWIW the ESPN playoff predictor has Clemson slightly ahead if both win out.

I absolutely think Ohio State is ahead of them both if they lose to Michigan.
Nah, Ohio State would have no conference title, 2 total wins worth anything and have looked very underwhelming vs teams like Northwestern and Maryland. A 12-1 USC finishing with 3 straight ranked wins and a conference title should be ahead of any 11-1 team.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think it is pretty clear if USC wins out they are in. Would be against 3 ranked teams to close the season. Though if LSU beats Georgia in the dome things get wild. As both of those teams would be in.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Clemson got boatraced by a fairly mediocre Notre Dame team, who USC has a chance to beat next week. Trojans win out and they're in. Pretty sure the committee wants to see them make their first playoff appearance, also no one wants to watch DJ Ukelele over Caleb Williams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad