NCAA: Week 10: Thou Shalt Have No Other Games of the Century Other Than the College Football Playoff

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If that debacle helped make you fell even a little better, then I am sincerely happy.

I just have no words for the state of my alma mater right now.
It's more surprising than anything. We've played a bit better than Miami but not anywhere near to the degree that last night indicated. We haven't done that to Miami since 2013.

I don't know what is wrong with Miami. I haven't watched much of them but it doesn't seem like they're playing for each other at all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UCLA and USC both nearly blew big leads, UCLA got a late insurance score. And the cover.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
So what are the new CFP rankings?

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Tennessee
4. Michigan
5. TCU
6. Oregon
7. LSU

Anyone else still have a reasonable chance? Isn't LSU a lock to play in Atlanta which eliminates Bama?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Tennessee
4. Michigan
5. TCU
6. Oregon
7. LSU

Anyone else still have a reasonable chance? Isn't LSU a lock to play in Atlanta which eliminates Bama?

I think LSU would need to lose both remaining games for Bama to still have a shot at the SEC CG
Also USC and UCLA definitely have an at least reasonable chance if they win the Pac12

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Tennessee
4. Michigan
5. TCU
6. Oregon
7. LSU

Tennessee shouldn't be ahead of an undefeated Michigan or TCU.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Tennessee
4. Michigan
5. TCU
6. Oregon
7. LSU

If LSU wins out and makes the SECCG, that basically eliminates Alabama.

No way they're going to have a 2-loss team that didn't even reach the conference championship game, even if it is indeed Alabama.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tennessee is better than TCU and should be ahead of them. The Big 12 isn’t good and they get creamed every time they’re (Oklahoma) is in the playoff, which should be accounted for. TCU also doesn’t have any real dominant wins like the other contenders do.

Whether Tennessee is ahead or behind Michigan/Ohio State, those two still have to play each other, so Tennessee probably jumps whoever loses so I don’t think it matters much, but an undefeated TCU winning the conference could change that. I just don’t think that happens.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Tennessee
4. Michigan
5. TCU
6. Oregon
7. LSU

I probably have Michigan ahead of Ohio State right now. Tennessee may fall out of the top 5. Could see TCU move up to 4. A lot of football left to be played obviously

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tennessee is better than TCU and should be ahead of them. The Big 12 isn’t good and they get creamed every time they’re (Oklahoma) is in the playoff, which should be accounted for. TCU also doesn’t have any real dominant wins like the other contenders do.

Whether Tennessee is ahead or behind Michigan/Ohio State, those two still have to play each other, so Tennessee probably jumps whoever loses so I don’t think it matters much, but an undefeated TCU winning the conference could change that. I just don’t think that happens.

Tennessee could be better than TCU but we really don't know that yet. They don't have a common opponent so we don't have that to go on. Tennessee has the "better" wins but Alabama win is losing its luster some. What does it matter what another team did in the playoffs for TCU? Didn't Michigan State get blown out in a playoff one year? I don't see the committee holding that against Michigan or Ohio State.

An undefeated TCU should be ahead of Tennessee if both teams win out. TCU could potentially have 6 or 7 wins against teams that were ranked at the time, not sure if Baylor will be when they play, to Tennessee 5, Tennessee gets no help down the stretch. Also Tennessee didn't look good at all vs Georgia, Baylor looked bad too so would be interesting if both those teams only loss is to Georgia for the committee to pick between. I don't think TCU will remain undefeated anyway, they've been playing with fire falling behind in the first half lately, think it'll bite them one if these games.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tennessee could be better than TCU but we really don't know that yet. They don't have a common opponent so we don't have that to go on. Tennessee has the "better" wins but Alabama win is losing its luster some. What does it matter what another team did in the playoffs for TCU? Didn't Michigan State get blown out in a playoff one year? I don't see the committee holding that against Michigan or Ohio State.

An undefeated TCU should be ahead of Tennessee if both teams win out. TCU could potentially have 6 or 7 wins against teams that were ranked at the time, not sure if Baylor will be when they play, to Tennessee 5, Tennessee gets no help down the stretch. Also Tennessee didn't look good at all vs Georgia, Baylor looked bad too so would be interesting if both those teams only loss is to Georgia for the committee to pick between. I don't think TCU will remain undefeated anyway, they've been playing with fire falling behind in the first half lately, think it'll bite them one if these games.
Ohio State has actually won playoff games though. Alabama ain't losing their luster, they're still going to be in the top 10 ahead of a 1-loss Clemson.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Ohio State has actually won playoff games though. Alabama ain't losing their luster, they're still going to be in the top 10 ahead of a 1-loss Clemson.
In that case I think it's deserved, I really don't think Clemson is any good (though I admit to being extremely biased in this regard.)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Alabama has a terrible resume and shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10. They've only beat 2 teams that were ranked, 20th and 24th, and neither team are ranked now. Clemson isn't a top 10 team either, they've been poor all year. Both teams shouldn't be anywhere near the playoff conversation.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

Woah now, just because OU lost to really good teams doesn't mean the big12 sucks. Pretty sure big12 wins most of their bowl games.

However TCU is severely overrated Don't think they've played a starting QB the last 5 or 6 weeks.

Texas is -6.5 point favourites at home against them

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
Georgia #1
Michigan should be #2
Tennessee lost
Clemson lost
OSU beats a 1 win team (Northwestern) by only 14 pts
Alabama bye bye

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama has a terrible resume and shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10. They've only beat 2 teams that were ranked, 20th and 24th, and neither team are ranked now. Clemson isn't a top 10 team either, they've been poor all year. Both teams shouldn't be anywhere near the playoff conversation.
They also beat Mississippi State and Arkansas. And if you're got top 25 teams behind you, you're definitely at least like a top 12 team. Their 2 losses to current top 10 teams by a combined 4 points. They are right where they are supposed to be, the second best 2-loss team.

Woah now, just because OU lost to really good teams doesn't mean the big12 sucks. Pretty sure big12 wins most of their bowl games.

However TCU is severely overrated Don't think they've played a starting QB the last 5 or 6 weeks.

Texas is -6.5 point favourites at home against them
Yeah, didn't they knock out a bunch of QB's? They don't have any good blowouts either. If you're a top dog, and you think you're leaving these teams behind because you're undefeated, then leave them behind.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
They also beat Mississippi State and Arkansas. And if you're got top 25 teams behind you, you're definitely at least like a top 12 team. Their 2 losses to current top 10 teams by a combined 4 points. They are right where they are supposed to be, the second best 2-loss team.

Yeah, didn't they knock out a bunch of QB's? They don't have any good blowouts either. If you're a top dog, and you think you're leaving these teams behind because you're undefeated, then leave them behind.
Knocked out Kansas, OU, Kansas State QBs. Sanders got hurt in the TCU game. Think they Knocked out techs QB for a bit this week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Michigan
4 TCU
5 Tennessee
6 Oregon
7 LSU
8 USC
9 Alabama