NCAA: Week 10: Thou Shalt Have No Other Games of the Century Other Than the College Football Playoff

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you got to be doing the hype for the weekend, you got to be doing it right. The people demand the hype!

First off, it’s November, so it’s MACtion weeknight SZN, which I’m sure the Bear is watching so no one else has to.

The Beavs finally get off Pac 12 Network and on to ESPN again, Oregon State ranked #23 and are underdogs Friday night in Washington. A double dose of Pac-12 After Dark this weekend.

The big one on Saturday is the biggest showdown of the regular season with #1 Tennessee at #3 Georgia in the afternoon on CBS. The Committee didn’t see it fit to make this a Game of the Century because they ranked Georgia #3 for some reason when it should be 1 vs 2. I’m sure it would be if it were on ESPN. Game Day is in Athens. An interesting wrinkle in this one as the loser stands to benefit by not having to go to Atlanta and play Alabama (who Tennessee has beaten already).

The Big Ten has a terrible schedule this week (#2 Ohio State @ Northwestern, #5 Michigan @ Rutgers), so Big Noon felt compelled to feature the Big 12 by going to Fort Worth and picking up Texas Tech @ #7 TCU. Texas Tech made a QB switch to Behren Morton from Donovan Smith a few weeks ago for some reason and their season has since went belly-up.

Another top 10 matchup in prime time on ESPN, as #6 Alabama heads to Death Valley where Brian Kelly will get his first shot with #10 LSU to beat Saban.

Ranked matchups also in prime time: #24 Texas @ #13 Kansas State on FS1 and #21 Wake Forest @ #22 NC State on…ACC Network?? Couldn’t find a spot on ABC? There’s shitty matchups all over the afternoon slate, why does Penn State @ Indiana need to be on ABC? Hold on, why is FSU/Miami on prime time ABC, neither are ranked nor are good.

NBC has Notre Dame late again, they have #4 Clemson coming to town as that new rivalry continues.

Pac-12 After Dark has #12 UCLA @ Arizona State at 9:30 on FS1, and #9 USC hosting California.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Please god Sark, get a ranked road win. You’ve had like 173728292 chances where you’ve blown leads.

Also Cristobal has the U crootin. Beat out Florida/Alabama for 5* Cormani McClain. Who most thought he was going to Florida. Either way the Gators and the U are recruiting well.

Let’s look at Florida States recruiting…..

Maybe a bit difficult for schools like Bama/Georgia etc to go in and grab the best players in Florida with ease now

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersPens62

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Taking my son to his first sporting event this Saturday, Illini vs Michigan State.

Fully expecting that we'll spend most of the game wandering around the stadium as there's zero chance he's got the patience for a whole game.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
The big one on Saturday is the biggest showdown of the regular season with #1 Tennessee at #3 Georgia in the afternoon on CBS. The Committee didn’t see it fit to make this a Game of the Century because they ranked Georgia #3 for some reason when it should be 1 vs 2. I’m sure it would be if it were on ESPN. Game Day is in Athens. An interesting wrinkle in this one as the loser stands to benefit by not having to go to Atlanta and play Alabama (who Tennessee has beaten already).

Presuming a Bama win at LSU (I think they will lose myself and are out) likely propels them ahead of Georgia if they lose against Tenn. A Tennessee loss, unless it's a decisive one, likely keeps them solidly in the Top 4 ahead of Bama.

In the first scenario, it is the same scenario as last year, Tennessee is in regardless of what happens in Atlanta and Bama needs to win to punch their ticket.

The 2nd scenario gets very interesting as then it is Georgia who is in regardless, Bama needs a win, and if they do, does Tennessee still get the nod over a potential 1 loss OSU, or an undefeated Clemson?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
From what I've heard A&M is on their 4th string QB this week and have a bunch of people with the "flu" such a shame imo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Beavs are moving the ball on Washington but 2 4th down stops in the red zone has it only 7-0

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Washington wins it late with a field goal. Should get them ranked for the game with Oregon next week.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$$ to make tonight's Powerball jackpot look like chump change, then go with College Football's premiere expert, The Bear, (who was 0-3 last week and 13-14 on the season) on this week's 3 premiere matchups:

GA Tech plus 3 & 1/2 over your Fighting Hokies
Vandy plus 6 & 1/2 over South Carolina
Arizona State plus 11 over UCLA

Reactions: GKJ

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Rocky Top v Bulldogs should be a dandy.

The Oilers play at 2:00 pm MST which overlaps so that kind of sucks.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Drake Maye is super good. Next years class two headed monster looks really really good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I forgot all about Tyler Shough, where's he been?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ohio State might get jumped by Michigan in the rankings

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Drake Maye is super good. Next years class two headed monster looks really really good.
With these talented kids have to keep in mind that they’ve only been the starter for this season. Drake Maye took over from Howell. Williams played some last season in place of Rattler. McCarthy got the job this season over McNamara. Ewers is a first year starter and has missed a couple of games and has Arch Manning coming to town next season.

Not to mention the likes of Dart, similar to Williams in getting some starts as a freshman then transferring to Ole Miss. and a guy like Richardson from Florida is probably better served returning for another season.

That did this years crop has been interesting.

Young still playing well. But I am not a big fan of his just due to his size and seeing the issues that Tua has had throwing over the middle. Right now his mobility isn’t too far off what Russ Wilson’s is at 34.

Stroud, not as impressive this season but that’s likely due to younger WR vs Olave and Wilson last season. Will still go at the top of the draft.

Levis, hasn’t fixed the turnovers that he had issues with last season.

Hooker, has really come on this season.

Don’t know much about Hall of BYU who was rated as a first rounder coming into this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad