GDT: Wed, 08-Jan-2014 | OTT @ COL | 9:30p ET | SNET-East, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Get to watch EJ tonight, he's rebounding into a top pair guy... A player like him is why we should never give up on Cowen.

EJ was beginning to be written off and he has come back and looking like the D he was projected to be... Only 25 too

D take a while to put it together.

Yep.

Cowen is only going to get better and better.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Wrong. He's not being a given a bigger role because he hasn't earned it. If Pageau was outplaying the guys above him he'd be given more responsibility. He isn't.

Also as good as it makes you feel to talk about it Spezza isn't going anywhere unless he wants to leave.

So who does Spezza deserve a bigger role over? Turris, Zibanejad or Smith because he is not playing better than any of them.....By the way, I am a huge Spezza fan but he disrupts chemistry. Everyone says that we have a better record when Kassian plays yet Ottawa won 4 in a row with Pageau in the lineup rather than Spezza. Best players should play regardless and you can't tell me that Kassian is better than Pageau.

There are also ways to make someone leave even if they don't want to. If Spezza get no ice time, I guarantee that he asks to be traded.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Excellent logic. Have Spezza come back, and excel, only to trade him because of a four game winning streak.

Did it ever occur to you that having a Spezza on the team, who is playing good enough to raise his trade value, would in turn help the team out?

If we were using logic then, Pageau would be in the lineup instead of Kassian. I believe that we play more as a team with Spezza out of the lineup. Unless Spezza regains his form from 2 years ago then, we are a better team without him.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
our line-up for the game:

Landeskog-​Stastny-Mi​tchell
Mac​Kinnon-Duc​hene-McGin​n
McLeod-C​liche-Talb​ot
Malone-​Van Der Gulik-Bord​eleau

Hej​da-Johnson​
Holden-Ba​rrie
Benoi​t-Sarich

​Varlamov

O'Reilly, Parenteau, Tanguay and Guenin injured. 3 of our top-6 are out.

WhiteLight*

our line-up for the game:

Landeskog-​Stastny-Mi​tchell
Mac​Kinnon-Duc​hene-McGin​n
McLeod-C​liche-Talb​ot
Malone-​Van Der Gulik-Bord​eleau

Hej​da-Johnson​
Holden-Ba​rrie
Benoi​t-Sarich

​Varlamov

O'Reilly, Parenteau, Tanguay and Guenin injured. 3 of our top-6 are out.

''3 of our top-6 are out''

checks lineup Landeskog, Stastny, Duchene, MacKinnon :help:

TristanH

Apr 22, 2012
Ottawa
So you are suggesting having your Captain sit out because "best players play"? ... and what? have Pageau play instead? 2 points in 20 games.. when your captain has 30 points in 39 games.

Your CAPTAIN is ready to play.. he plays. You sit Spezza to have Pageau in the lineup instead.. what does that say about your organization.

I agree that Spezza has things he needs to work on.. the entire team had issues....

You cannot argue that with the line combinations tonight that he is not "disrupting chemistry" ... for once Maclean has come in and has left two solid lines together.. and has created a line for Spezza without ripping the others apart.

I am really curious to see what Spezza can do... I hope for his sake and the fans sake that he has some pressure taken off of him with others performing.. and he can come in and impress.

I cannot wait for the game tonight!

So who does Spezza deserve a bigger role over? Turris, Zibanejad or Smith because he is not playing better than any of them.....By the way, I am a huge Spezza fan but he disrupts chemistry. Everyone says that we have a better record when Kassian plays yet Ottawa won 4 in a row with Pageau in the lineup rather than Spezza. Best players should play regardless and you can't tell me that Kassian is better than Pageau.

There are also ways to make someone leave even if they don't want to. If Spezza get no ice time, I guarantee that he asks to be traded.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
So you are suggesting having your Captain sit out because "best players play"? ... and what? have Pageau play instead? 2 points in 20 games.. when your captain has 30 points in 39 games.

Your CAPTAIN is ready to play.. he plays. You sit Spezza to have Pageau in the lineup instead.. what does that say about your organization.

I agree that Spezza has things he needs to work on.. the entire team had issues....

You cannot argue that with the line combinations tonight that he is not "disrupting chemistry" ... for once Maclean has come in and has left two solid lines together.. and has created a line for Spezza without ripping the others apart.

I am really curious to see what Spezza can do... I hope for his sake and the fans sake that he has some pressure taken off of him with others performing.. and he can come in and impress.

I cannot wait for the game tonight!

Nope, by best players play and I am assuming you read my post you should be able to see that I said Pageau should be playing over Kassian and not Spezza.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nope, by best players play and I am assuming you read my post you should be able to see that I said Pageau should be playing over Kassian and not Spezza.

I don't see how Pageau has had a bigger impact or played better than Kassian or Spezza this year.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I don't see how Pageau has had a bigger impact or played better than Kassian or Spezza this year.

If you don't see how Pageau has played better than someone who plays 3 minutes a game then, I don't know what to tell you.

Interesting that you never responded to my post earlier asking you who Spezza deserves a bigger role over: Turris, Zibanejad or Smith?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

It honestly baffles me that you would rather Pageau and his 2 points in 20 games play over Spezza and his 30 in 39.

We have 2 solid lines, who have been firing on all cylinders the least 3 weeks. Add in Stone, and Spezza who can form a great scoring line, and move the third line who has been playing so well down to the 4th.

We now have the same two scoring lines everyone loves, and added to that we have a line with one of the best offensive players in the game when he is on. Our PP becomes that more dangerous, we can roll 4 lines without any worry, and all 4 have the ability to create offense.

Who do the other teams focus their top D pairing on?

The Turris line? That's excellent, it gives Spezza much more room.

The Spezza line? That's excellent, it gives Turris much more room.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Wrong. He's not being a given a bigger role because he hasn't earned it. If Pageau was outplaying the guys above him he'd be given more responsibility. He isn't.

Also as good as it makes you feel to talk about it Spezza isn't going anywhere unless he wants to leave.

I like JGP but....This^^^

Excellent logic. Have Spezza come back, and excel, only to trade him because of a four game winning streak.

Did it ever occur to you that having a Spezza on the team, who is playing good enough to raise his trade value, would in turn help the team out?

Cant believe im agreeing with farva lol but this is also true. Im one of the biggest blabbers about trading Spezza but if he finds his spark again **** THAT NONSENCE!!!

I predict a Spezza goal and assist

Spezza line scores twice tonight
Turris line scores
Zibby line scores
E.K.65 has a 2pt game
Anderson post .915 save percentage or better

Last time I made a prediction like this was the winnipeg game and i was right on the money. heres hopin. GO SENS GO!!!

Oh yea lol Sens win....

Rolie

Sep 11, 2007
Dortmund
Homage to my father

e9811.jpe

Go Sens

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you don't see how Pageau has played better than someone who plays 3 minutes a game then, I don't know what to tell you.

Interesting that you never responded to my post earlier asking you who Spezza deserves a bigger role over: Turris, Zibanejad or Smith?

All three. He is the most important forward with regards to the success of the team. If we get Spezza going, we make the playoffs. Simple. If he isn't, we are a bubble team.

Smith has been playing unbelievably the last month.

Zib has been playing fantastic for a month.

Turris has been unreal all season.

Spezza has been playing very bad by his standards, and he still has 30 points on the season.

I love the mentality around here that when things are good or bad, its because of "current situation A". In this case "situation A" is Spezza being out.

If we win 4 games and Spezza plays good, but Bobby Ryan missed those 4 games, people around here would be talking about how we are better without Bobby, and how Spezza is back.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
It honestly baffles me that you would rather Pageau and his 2 points in 20 games play over Spezza and his 30 in 39.

We have 2 solid lines, who have been firing on all cylinders the least 3 weeks. Add in Stone, and Spezza who can form a great scoring line, and move the third line who has been playing so well down to the 4th.

We now have the same two scoring lines everyone loves, and added to that we have a line with one of the best offensive players in the game when he is on. Our PP becomes that more dangerous, we can roll 4 lines without any worry, and all 4 have the ability to create offense.

Who do the other teams focus their top D pairing on?

The Turris line? That's excellent, it gives Spezza much more room.

The Spezza line? That's excellent, it gives Turris much more room.

He pretty much just answered that he said Pageau should play instead of Kassian.

The bigger problem with this lineup is not pageau out for Kassian it's Greening playing with Spezza.

Those two play awful hockey together and you want to add a rookie with average at best foot speed? Hopefully Stone can bring more success to the trainwreck that 14-19 have been. Or maybe spezza will just dominate once again...who knows. Should have kept all the lines the same put Pageau on the wing for faceoffs and O-zone time and let him play center in the defensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad