GDT: Wed, 08-Jan-2014 | OTT @ COL | 9:30p ET | SNET-East, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Thought I was gonna miss this one due to my 7-10 class, then I see it's at 9:30 :nod:

Just wish I didn't need to get up at 6 tomorrow

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Don't get too caught up in numbering lines. Any of those lines could lead the team in ice time tomorrow.

Looking forward to this game. Should have a great pace. They have a ton of depth up front, we really can't shelter any D men against that team, so I really hope neither Corvo or Wiercioch play. Gonna be important to win D zone draws, so a Spezza return would really help in that regard.

Very true. If we are winiing you will see more of the defensive players 3 and 62. If we are down early expect 65 and 2 to be on 25 min+.
If Im not mistaking our goals for are the nearly highest in the division. It's the goals against that needs to come way down.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I don't expect a win tonight, but I think we could go 8/12 in the month of January, based on our scheduled opponents.

Also, if I heard correctly, the Leafs have only won 1 regulation game in the last 24?!

We're gonna catch em boys!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The+Jackson+5.png

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kassian instead of Pageau. :facepalm:

And no, I don't subscribe to the "Kassian is our MVP" fan club. JG looked great when paired with the right wingers last game, should have gotten a chance to continue with the same guys tomorrow. Another prime example of MacLean talking out of his ass when he says the best players play. Meh.

Pageau really hasn't done much with the big club this year. He's easy to sit in the press-box for a guy like Spezza.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
A line of Greening Pageau Condra may have been a better choice against these guys on the road. Even more bold would have been Pageau Smith Condra (Greening up with Spezza Stone).

Its harder to protect Kassian when we don't have last change. It will make it tough on Condra and Smitty to generate much when they'll have to be in protection mode if they get stuck out there against the Stasny or Duchene lines.

So basically, I'm not a fan of Kassian in the lineup tonight.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Kassian instead of Pageau. :facepalm:

And no, I don't subscribe to the "Kassian is our MVP" fan club. JG looked great when paired with the right wingers last game, should have gotten a chance to continue with the same guys tomorrow. Another prime example of MacLean talking out of his ass when he says the best players play. Meh.

There is no reason whatsoever for Kassian to be playing over Pageau. I don't care what our record shows with Kassian in the lineup. We have enough toughness in the lineup should the Avs decide to play rough........Guys like Smith, Greening, Cowen, Methot and Gryba could all drop them if need be.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Pageau really hasn't done much with the big club this year. He's easy to sit in the press-box for a guy like Spezza.

Point aren't everything!!!! Spezza has been playing like crap all year playing with better players than Pageau has had to play with......I hope Spezza plays with Kassian tonight that way we could see Spezza light it up just like every other player that has played with Kassian this year.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
You can't disturb chemistry. Play to Spezza's strengths and limit his minutes: During ES time, have him take faceoffs, chip the puck in deep and change. Get him out there on the PP though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There is no reason whatsoever for Kassian to be playing over Pageau. I don't care what our record shows with Kassian in the lineup. We have enough toughness in the lineup should the Avs decide to play rough........Guys like Smith, Greening, Cowen, Methot and Gryba could all drop them if need be.

Bordeleau could probably 2v1 any of those guys. Plus, as has been mentioned, this team just wins with Kassian in the line-up.

Point aren't everything!!!! Spezza has been playing like crap all year playing with better players than Pageau has had to play with......I hope Spezza plays with Kassian tonight that way we could see Spezza light it up just like every other player that has played with Kassian this year.

Pageau has been very underwhelming. He's not being given a bigger role because he hasn't earned it. He's playing against the weakest competition and still not excelling in any way that denotes him being one of the 'best players'. Has he been responsible? Sure, but that's about it.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Bordeleau could probably 2v1 any of those guys. Plus, as has been mentioned, this team just wins with Kassian in the line-up.

Pageau has been very underwhelming. He's not being given a bigger role because he hasn't earned it. He's playing against the weakest competition and still not excelling in any way that denotes him being one of the 'best players'. Has he been responsible? Sure, but that's about it.

Wrong, he is not being give a bigger role because Turris, Zibanejad and Smith were all ahead of him on the depth chart and that wasn't going to change......I hope Spezza does well that way his trade value goes up because clearly the team could win without him.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

He doesnt really need a bigger role he just needs better linemates. Look how dangerous Macarthur - Pageau - Stone looked. I really don't understand how people do not see how good he is when he plays with good players. It was the same thing last year. He looked incredible when he got a few 4 on 4 shifts with Alfie. (pretty sure it was Alfie)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wrong, he is not being give a bigger role because Turris, Zibanejad and Smith were all ahead of him on the depth chart and that wasn't going to change......I hope Spezza does well that way his trade value goes up because clearly the team could win without him.

Wrong. He's not being a given a bigger role because he hasn't earned it. If Pageau was outplaying the guys above him he'd be given more responsibility. He isn't.

Also as good as it makes you feel to talk about it Spezza isn't going anywhere unless he wants to leave.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Excellent logic. Have Spezza come back, and excel, only to trade him because of a four game winning streak.

Did it ever occur to you that having a Spezza on the team, who is playing good enough to raise his trade value, would in turn help the team out?

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Excellent logic. Have Spezza come back, and excel, only to trade him because of a four game winning streak.

Did it ever occur to you that having a Spezza on the team, who is playing good enough to raise his trade value, would in turn help the team out?

This. A good spezza is more valuable to helping this team win then the return we would get for him while he is performing well.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
I've heard from multiple sources that MacKinnon will be getting a nice taste of Methot's hips tonight :nod:

The Fuhr*

Get to watch EJ tonight, he's rebounding into a top pair guy... A player like him is why we should never give up on Cowen.

EJ was beginning to be written off and he has come back and looking like the D he was projected to be... Only 25 too

D take a while to put it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad