Rumor: Weber could miss whole 2021-22 season

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The reports of the habs not wanting to lose Allen for nothing makes sense now since Chariot will be protected over Weber

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I asked people here after we lost to TB if they thought Weber may retire because there was this tone I got from him during his presser.
seems I may have been into something…either that or he’s gonna pull a Kucherov.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
So our possibilities are...

They pick Weber and his salary is gone.

They don't pick Weber and his salary is on LTIR until he heals magically in time for the playoffs and we get a fresh Shea Weber along with whoever we signed with his cap space. It's legal!
Reverse Dusty finish baby , we win even if we lose :naughty:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That image of him crying on the bench after game 5 is going to be imprinted in my mind forever now knowing he may never get another chance at it again.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Time to Tampa this shjiznit ! lol

To be serious and kind of curious , Is this a "legal" way for him to possibly retire on LTIR and not have those massive Cap hit on NSH ? lol

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What’s Nashville’s recapture if he retires next year? I know the rules changed some but there’s still a penalty.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The reports of the habs not wanting to lose Allen for nothing makes sense now since Chariot will be protected over Weber

If we play our cards right, we can expose Byron and Drouin up front and protect (Gallagher, Anderson, KK, Toffoli, Lehkonen, Evans, one of Perry/Danault or if un-signed, Vejdemo)

D-men : Expose Kulak and Weber and Protect Petry, Edmundson and Chiarot

Trading Allen makes sense now because Seattle will need to take a bad contract or Kulak.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
This is not good news whatsoever.

It is great news because Weber isn't even effective anymore during the regular season. His cap hit isn't warrented. If he retires it is good news to the team. Now if Bergevin spends all of that money and Weber is ready and healthy to play in the playoffs where his style is more impactful anyway, you get a free Weber in the lineup like Tampa did with Kucherov. With Tatar's, Byron's and Weber's cap hit you could sign Ovy, re-sign Danault and maybe even have a shot at Suter. This is huge. This is the best good news of the summer.

Reactions: Pickles

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Montreal is providing disinformation. They leaked this to the media in order to not protect Weber, but not have him picked, and keep their defense in tact. He'll be out a few months or half a season then come back.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Regular season Weber was tough to watch, he actually hurt us
Playoff Weber was a sight for sore eyes, even injured

It's hard not to imagine what an extra whopping 7.8 mill in cap can do for us this offseason man.. and then "maybe" get a fresh Weber for the playoffs?
f*** Tampa, let's do it lol
Hamilton would be fantastic if he lightens up and comes after we offer big cheese

Got no choice but to do something big now, what a shocking way to start the offseason lol
Take the year off Shea

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The only dmen Id be somewhat interested in are Savard and Larsson. If they dont want to sign here, too bad, test what you have in Brook and Fleury and hope Romanov can handle the added workload

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad