Rumor: Weber could miss whole 2021-22 season

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Players on significant/career ending LTIR are excluded from expansion draft so no need to protect them. Habs could be attempting to get Weber exempt in this way.

[update]

Injured Players
Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed the previous 60+ consecutive games due to an injury, do not meet the criteria set forth by the league in respect to the minimum exposure requirements for players, and in certain cases these players may even be deemed as exempt from the Expansion Draft selection process.

Expansion Draft FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Well he won't be eligible for exemption however releasing this info may help discourage Seattle from claiming him. Also wont look too bad on Habs for exposing their captain.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I honestly wonder if this will totally shake the foundation of the team. Not trying to be dramatic, but if I'm Bergevin, my priorities have just shifted a little further down the road rather than the next year or two.
Not to be mean, but if the whole team collapses after losing an aging and injured Weber, then it’s not a well built club.

it sucks to lose that type of player, but you would hope the team is built well enough not to collapse.

Tampa won the cup without Stamkos last year and made the playoffs without Kucherov.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
lol

sure but who replaces 20-22 hard minutes. Have to convince Hamilton or Jones to come to Montreal
If it’s regular season Weber, hopefully those minutes won’t be too hard to replace. Maybe we bring in Suter

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Geez, this is shocking. It makes sense now why Montreal was thinking about trading Allen because they know he will be taken.

Chiarot, Petry & Eddie will be protected.

Does Seattle take Weber anyway & try to trade the LTIR to a team that needs it?

No wonder Webs was crying so much after the final buzzer. This sounds career ending.

We'll miss him if it is. He was fantastic through it all.

Now, I'm sad.
LTIR are protected I think?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Geez, this is shocking. It makes sense now why Montreal was thinking about trading Allen because they know he will be taken.

Chiarot, Petry & Eddie will be protected.

Does Seattle take Weber anyway & try to trade the LTIR to a team that needs it?

No wonder Webs was crying so much after the final buzzer. This sounds career ending.

We'll miss him if it is. He was fantastic through it all.

Now, I'm sad.
Yup. It makes sense. This is a hard one. He played his ass off regardless of what people say about him
What a warrior

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
The guy is 36. The team had to expect the end was near at some point. If anything, this is a kick in the rear to shape up the D for the future
Not disagreeing. But watch Bergevin use it as an excuse and signs merril to 7 million lol

Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad