Rumor: Weber could miss whole 2021-22 season

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
LTIR til playoffs? Take a page outa the Tampa book?

edit since details out : Yeah, this must be hard on Weber and seeing his reaction after Game 5. Feels like he knew deep down that could be the end of the road. Hoping him a speedy recovery with no long term effects for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
They said the same thing a couple of years ago and it turned out to be false. Remember the whole "potentially career ending" talk? Let's hope that's the case again.

If this is correct, I don't see how we expect to compete. Maybe stash him on LTIR until playoffs ala Kucherov/Kane?

But then you have to use that cap space...

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Well that stinks. Friedman mentions his career could be in jeopardy too. Hope that's not the case.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That would leave a huge hole in the line up. Hopefully it's not true for his sake first n team second. You know he will play if possible n bust his azz and/or play in pain to return quicker than expected.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
From a business standpoint at least we get the cap relief from a team standpoint this will suck but perhaps there’s a silver lining in all of this

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I like weber as a player and leader, cap hit is insane but that's not his fault. I hope his injuries won't destroy his life after hockey.

That being said, Bergevin needs to be out there for someone on D, potentialy make a deal with the kraken

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Geez, this is shocking. It makes sense now why Montreal was thinking about trading Allen because they know he will be taken.

Chiarot, Petry & Eddie will be protected.

Does Seattle take Weber anyway & try to trade the LTIR to a team that needs it?

No wonder Webs was crying so much after the final buzzer. This sounds career ending.

We'll miss him if it is. He was fantastic through it all.

Now, I'm sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad