Post-Game Talk: We Win Finally Jets 7 Oilers 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think he's had a single bad game.

It was the 2nd game he played this year (or the first, but my memory says 2nd). It was seriously bad. I'm sure you would agree if you went back to look at it. It was not borderline bad.

But AFAIC every other game, he has been good.

Speaking of Dmen, I noticed Pionk had 25:35 TOI last night. What did you think of his game? The coaches sure seem to like him. Are we fans wrong about him? Or has he improved recently? How can the consensus here and the underlying stats all say one thing and the coaches say the exact opposite? I don't like to appeal to the authority of the coaches but they are the pros and it isn't like it is just one man who might be biased. It has to be at least 2 if not more of the coaching staff. Vet bias? Riding an out of date reputation? I'm genuinely puzzled by the split opinion.

Has the NHL ever scheduled both games of a B2B in the same city?

Not sure but I think it happened rarely during the 2 Covid distorted seasons. Otherwise, not that I'm aware of.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I subscribe to the theory that he is still <100% after his surgery. I think it is more that he is being sheltered abit mote than he is being punished. At least I sure hope it is.
Yes, it is rare for a player to come back to full form the same season he has sports hernia surgery. Ehlers is doing remarkably well post-op and will get better over time.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I believe we played the Capitals at home in a B2B early on in Jets 2.0
Pretty sure that never happened. Nope.
dumb-dumber.gif

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Yes when the Caps spanked us in our Building B2B that strike shortened season. We were kind of looking like we had a shot at the Southeast division then they destroyed our soul and our season was done.
Thinking back, it’s remarkable how quickly things changed after that B2B.

Reactions: ps241

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Yes, it is rare for a player to come back to full form the same season he has sports hernia surgery. Ehlers is doing remarkably well post-op and will get better over time.

Rare = almost never. Plenty of variability in these timelines.

Recovery ≠ return to sport ≠ "just as good as before, right away."

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I like Capobianco. Plus he's still young with only 69 career games and making 762k. Could be a legit NHL defenseman.
That's what I've been trying to say. Some guys are late bloomers and I think Capo has done pretty much everything he could to get more opportunities.

I really don't think they're going to scratch Schmidt 2 games in a row, he's struggled mightily through the Jets slump but I thought he was having a solid year up till then.

Rare = almost never. Plenty of variability in these timelines.

Recovery ≠ return to sport ≠ "just as good as before, right away."
I know you're not his doctor, but what do you think the chances are of him fully recovering from this?

Reactions: KingBogo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad