Post-Game Talk: We Win Finally Jets 7 Oilers 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I think it was Maenalanens leg position when he hit him but I think that was more about his approach angle and getting beside him to make the hit legal.

Justice was served on that play because fighting because your player was legally hit is about the stupidest f***ing thing in the nhl today.

Oilers got punished for it and the Jets made them pay.

Can you imagine having that Nurse contract dragging your team down? Besides being impressed that he caught up to Connor on a partial breakaway I didn't see anything that would even suggest he's worth near that much.
Imagine having Campbell's contract on top of Nurse's :laugh:

Edmonton has a good PP , 5 on 5 i thought our defense played well .
Their PP is insane. Good luck in the POs when those penalties stop getting called though

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
NSH has had a bit of a softer schedule lately that allowed them to make some ground. Vancouver, SJS, Zona and Chicago in 4 of the past 6 gp. Saros could certainly carry that team. But given the rosters I'd give us the upper hand

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Loved the game . We continued to fight and answer goals from edm.

We played with emotion and I was proud of our guys .

Loved the hit on mcdavid. I don’t mind having to fight after a clean hit . Players knowing they will have to potentially fight after hitting a star player opens up more space for the stars. As it will scare players away from big hits on them. It’s just part of the politics of hockey that needs to be there imo .

Bottom 6 is scoring well for a short period and we need it to continue.

I love watching ehlers skate around but it never amounts to a goal. At the end of the game he didn’t seem as happy as everyone else . Looks like he feels he isn’t contributing as he wants too.

Let’s keep it going

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Sorry I missed this one - but I did win some HNIC swag at least...
233763A9-7C5E-4682-B6C5-955F1B0AFCA9.jpeg

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Good luck to them ... Nashville has 5 B2B games coming up plus 15 games are against playoffs teams so if they can win them they deserve to be in the playoffs.

There also my be a very small incentive for NSH to lose maybe 1 or 2 more games and pick a few positions higher in a deep draft.

Not sure how they'll play it. Maybe play like hell for as long as they're in it, and then Blues their way to a better draft slot?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Don't forget the draft is in Nashville this year ... some say that's one of the reason the Preds were sellers along with a new GM who wants to build his team.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
For the year all 3 of WPG NSH and CGY are pretty close in goals for per game.

But who do you trust the most down the stretch? Helle, Markstrom or Saros? Think it's Helle even with a rougher past 2ish months.

Saros can certainly get hot and carry the team. But without ekholm and nino their worse off, and Johansen gone for the year.

I think we're pretty safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad