Post-Game Talk: WE WIN A GOALIE DUEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I don't think Keefe should be playing Nylander at center. He just doesn't have it there. He never did.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah, needs some work, but no harm developing players to their fullest.
Some people complain that he isn't hard enough along the boards to be a good winger, then complain when he plays centre for the first time in ages and sets up every goal we score.

Certainly he needs to be better on faceoffs, but for a first game at centre, he looked fine.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Great game by Lily and Sandin.
Holl showed he isn’t going anywhere this season, he was great in the final minute. Weakest defenders were Timmins and Rielly. Rielly at fault for the goal, and was caught deep behind the oppposition net early in the game leading to flurry of chances.
Murray was the star of the game giving us the goaltending we didn’t get last January.
McMann deserves a longer look. Speed and size with a touch of skill and more heart than Engvall. I want to see more.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
leafs were putrid offensively tonight ........
needed murray to sort of steal the game,

man those 3 pps tonight looked individually like the worst 3 of the year
I thought the Leafs were pretty good 5-on-5! In fact, both teams were able to generate some good scoring chances. The PP was putrid until that Nylander pass.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't think Keefe should be playing Nylander at center. He just doesn't have it there. He never did.
Well, it was only done to compensate for Matthews being out. I think normally, he would not play there... and if a long term injury to either Matthews or Tavares did come about, a move would have to be made imo.

I thought his game was pretty good tonight... was a bit out of position on the goal against, and I said to myself that goal doesn't happen if Matthews was on the ice... but, that is not why I would not play Nylander at C. He is far and away our best board player. He can carry the puck through anyone in this league along the boards and generate a chance from it. His value to this team is way higher as a winger... that might not be true on other teams, as he has shown he can play down the middle and of course would only improve the more he did it.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Well, it was only done to compensate for Matthews being out. I think normally, he would not play there... and if a long term injury to either Matthews or Tavares did come about, a move would have to be made imo.

I thought his game was pretty good tonight... was a bit out of position on the goal against, and I said to myself that goal doesn't happen if Matthews was on the ice... but, that is not why I would not play Nylander at C. He is far and away our best board player. He can carry the puck through anyone in this league along the boards and generate a chance from it. His value to this team is way higher as a winger... that might not be true on other teams, as he has shown he can play down the middle and of course would only improve the more he did it.
Well I can only go on tonight and a the play-in series vs CBJ. So based on that I'll disagree (the part about him being a better center with more opportunity).

Reactions: wingman75

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Work, work, work, werr, waah, waah
He said me haffi
He see me do mi
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirr, dirr, dirr
So me put in
Work, work, work, werr, werr, werr
Ner, ner, ner, ner, ner, ner
When yuh ago learn, learn, learrrr, learrrr, learrr, learrrrr
Before the tables turn, turn, turn, terrr, terrr, terrrr

you see
I too can say stupid things
This hurt my head reading….

Anyhoo….

997A6B35-20E3-4C49-A66A-61AB712586E6.jpeg

Oooooh yeah brother!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
You thought it was deliberate?
(Not saying it wasn’t just thought it was more of an accidental contact, still a penalty though)
He brought the elbow up and into Kampfs ear at the last second, damn right he meant it
Murray with more wins in a season than he had with Ottawa. This year we might have two goalies with 20 wins or more, different but I'll take it as long as it carries over into the playoffs.
Speaking of 20 our Captain the highly respected John Tavares. While having some struggles with arthritis, bursitis, and a recurring inflammation caused by gout which makes his skating, to put it kindly a little difficult and makes quick take offs all but impossible, has scored his 20th goal of the season. Some say that even the Jason Alison of today would never lose a race to him

It would be so nice to have that young JT, a player who was always seen as being swifter than a deer. A player who's incredible and blinding speed turned defencemen into helpless red faced turnstiles.

Yep yep yep it would sure be nice to have that JT in our lineup than the pathetic shadow of the player he once was.

He said me haffi
He see me do mi
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirr, dirr, dirr
So me put in
Work, work, work, werr, werr, werr
Ner, ner, ner, ner, ner, ner
When yuh ago learn, learn, learrrr, learrrr, learrr, learrrrr
Before the tables turn, turn, turn, terrr, terrr, terrrr

you see
I too can say stupid things
Well Craig to be honest.......;)

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He literally controlled the ice when he played, set up both goals and also had to carry a scrub in Engvall who has no idea how to play offense in a top six role... What else were you looking for exactly?

To be fair, Nylander didn’t really play “Center” tonight. He definitely controlled play but he wasn’t down low and wasn’t the first guy back in the defensive zone, that was pretty much Engvall and then Kerfoot once he got switched there.

Nylander really isn’t a Center at the NHL level, he’s a way better winger and that’s okay.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Oh damn I didn't know this was a thing. Marner watch back on!
Marner watch is always on, the guy is worth the price of two tix all by himself. The American broadcast teams I've heard always gush over him, they can't come up with enough superlatives to give him his due or describe all the great plays he makes.

LeaFland on the other hand can't wait to put the kid down hard and often

Last edited:

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Tavvy doing his thang, being that hero Bonnie tyler sangs. You already know Bonnie too wants some of that tavares pole twerk 👏👏🍁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad