Post-Game Talk: We waived Laich @ Chicago Circumventors (12:37pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
Doesn't matter what he looked like with Buffalo. I trust Trotz and his assistants. These guys are very good coaches, esp on the defensive side of things. Clearly they saw something in him to feel that he'd be a good fit with our system. I trust 'em.

too many goals allowed last several games.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
RRRiiiiigghhttttt! Because that player has not been in close proximity to their teammates in the past 24-36 hours. Just flying is like sitting in a giant petri dish, you got someone sitting near you coughing/sneezing you just know you'll feel like crap soon.

Whoever is sick shouldn't sit next to the other players on the plane...

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So going down one forward in a big game just so Alzner can preserve a meaningless streak sounds like a good idea to you? Priorities.

Are the Capitals in a close race or vying for the playoffs right now? What will be the significance of this game come April/May/June?

So to answer your question yes the streak is that important and I'm sure Alzner and his teammates would agree. Players have pride both in team accomplishments and individual accomplishments, i.e. the Caps celebration of Ovi's 500th goal and why teammates will focus on getting the puck to a player who has already scored two goals in a game so that they can get him a hat trick.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Some stupid streak's really the most important thing in the year when we want to win the Stanley Cup...

How important was it getting Ovi's 500 goal. That was an individual accomplishment that the whole team relished in.

Why is Alzner's iron man streak any less significant? Especially a defenseman that logs the minutes that Alzner does and blocks the number of shots he does. The guy's a warrior and one of the best ways to recognize that is with his streak.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, and I trust our front office.

But more than that, and if Weber at 6D really is all it takes for the Caps to be unable to win a game... He's the least of their problems.

I'm with you, if that's our ultimate downfall....eesh. It's like Orpik...his bad play is exaggerated to some extent. As a #6 he'd be OK. I'm surprised Caps fans seem to have forgotten a few good battles Weber and Ovy had...like two Rams jousting. I always remember Weber holding his own.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Hoping for a physical game. That benefits Caps greatly as 'Hawks aren't that heavy team. Getting physical on them early might be enough to wake them up for the 1st period aswell.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Kuz undresses Keith. I've been told it's all luck and soft matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad