Post-Game Talk: We played today? - 3:2 Flyers

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Nothing notable about the game, not much to discuss.

Another wasted effort that actually did more harm than good.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If you're not in the playoffs then you want to be playoff killers. From a player stand-point. Jets tried.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
People don't want to discuss the game anymore. It just gets filled with whining about this or that so the people that actually want to discuss the game just stay away.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Will the real secondary scoring please stand up, please stand up!

I like what the top line is doing but after that we need some of the other youngsters to start to develop a bit of a scoring touch.

Petan, Dano, Armia look good but none are really putting up points. That will have to change for this team to take a step forward next year.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
No way the Jets get away with that hook on Buff in the o-zone in OT....every other team does.

Did any of the Jets ever have a washing machine or dryer that they shot at in their basement? Doesn't look like it :)

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
People don't want to discuss the game anymore. It just gets filled with whining about this or that so the people that actually want to discuss the game just stay away.

Agreed.

However in an effort to discuss the game the E-S-W line looked really good. Rest of the team looked very ordinary, nothing great nothing bad.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I was impressed with Petan

Made some things happen with limited ice time. Don't know if he'll start next year on the NHL roster, but I could see a scenario where he gets called up at some point and never looks back. He's very close to being an NHL regular.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Won't make the playoffs, will likely draft 5-11, in Chevy's words from the latest interview #NoRegrets :help:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Will the real secondary scoring please stand up, please stand up!

I like what the top line is doing but after that we need some of the other youngsters to start to develop a bit of a scoring touch.

Petan, Dano, Armia look good but none are really putting up points. That will have to change for this team to take a step forward next year.

We have a lot of secondary scoring on the shelf right now. I think those guy mentioned will be fighting it out for bottom 6 work. I see Little, MP and Connor stepping in front of all of them for top 6 roles next season.

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
That was a very exciting game. We've been losing for a while but the Jets have been playing decent hockey. Thank goodness Philly was able to pull that out in OT. We were in serious danger of winning. Hard to imagine how good Ehlers will be. He has been amazing. So has Scheifele. It's still exciting to watch the Jets even though we're out of the playoffs. None of the callups look out of place either. I am no longer worried about depth, except for defense that is. Even then, I thought Melchiori has played ok. Anyhow, I'm happy with the way we are playing, which is just well enough to lose but looking good doing that.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
We have a lot of secondary scoring on the shelf right now. I think those guy mentioned will be fighting it out for bottom 6 work. I see Little, MP and Connor stepping in front of all of them for top 6 roles next season.

Bring those guys back next year and Connor for top six and our bottom six problems should be a thing of the past.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Yah!

this_zps6tbpp8s2.jpg

:yo:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Nothing notable about the game, not much to discuss.

Another wasted effort that actually did more harm than good.

I disagree. Scwheehlers line was extremely fun to watch. I look forward the watching them the rest of the way. Scheifele is turning into a #1 center and Ehlers is playing with more confidence every game.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

PVR these early games. Avoid this place until finished watching. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad