Post-Game Talk: We lose

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

partially agree with him.

One bad game and the Gallant honeymoon is over.

In the previous days, lots writing about how better the system and team are now that Quinn is gone.

Poof. It's gone and let's trade everyone except for tough guys even if they aren't scoring and even if they aren't playing particularly tough or effectively.

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
I'm just watching the game now, knowing the final result in advance.

First 10 mins, Igor looks like Igor with a couple of big saves.

The team looks dog tired, like a team that's playing game 7 on day 13 to start a season.

The Flames have their legs and we don't. There are certainly things to criticize so far this season, but I'm not going to base any of them on this game.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
One bad game and the Gallant honeymoon is over.

In the previous days, lots writing about how better the system and team are now that Quinn is gone.

Poof. It's gone and let's trade everyone except for tough guys even if they aren't scoring and even if they aren't playing particularly tough or effectively.
seven bad games. Difference is Goaltending didn't bail them out this time.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know I have no idea how these guys feel like but are we using the tired excuse for this game? It’s game 7 of 82. We are one of the youngest teams in the league.
Whats gonna happen when we are playing a hard forechecking team like the flames game 70 or 75 or game 82?

Reactions: Kravtsov420

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
What were Gallant’s offensive stats in Vegas and Florida? On paper I don’t think the Rangers roster is devoid of scoring ability.

Not sure of the stats, but those were much better skating teams than this current Rangers roster. It's pretty obvious this team doesn't have the ability to carry out the relentless forecheck that were the hallmark of Gallant's system in both places.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Chytil should not be long for center ice on this team and my hunch is will soon be out the door. He was abysmal last night and can be directly held responsible for 2 goals against last night. He’s been brutal all season and any chance this guy had to impress the new coaching staff has got to be diminishing quickly. I’d really like to see him moved to the wing once Kappo comes back and move Goodrow to center on that third line.

which goals?

First he was not on the ice
Second was a result of Nemeth's giveaway
Third he was not on the ice
Fourth he was not on the ice
Fifth? with 4. sec left on the PK? Was he on ice there - I don't think so.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
So many unforced turnovers in the D zone. Whenever we almost forced a turnover in the ozone the puck bounced and bobbled right to a Calgary player. Bad game with no puck luck.

Also, when other teams cycle us, they end up with at least 1-2 high danger chances 7/10 times (Shety's been stopping them until last night), when we cycle the puck we just get just a point shot 8/10 times.

Our breakout and O zone chemistry is so weak, I hope it's new coach syndrome and will work itself out over the next few weeks.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

partially agree with him.

Kreider is a waste of the cap hit and Miller needs to go to the AHL?

Kreider is the leading goal scorer on the team and the only one of the big guns who looks good and Miller has looked quite good since his poor preseason. What is this guy watching?

People have their agendas and their mind made up on a player.

Get rid of skill and have trouble scoring who would of thought?

The team just has zero. This is to be expected with new pieces and a new coach.

hopefully it comes together
Got rid of literally ONE skill player. ONE! And the player we received for him in the trade has been probably our best forward all season.

We're not scoring because Zibanejad and Panarin have their heads up their asses and are playing like it's open hockey. Casual over passing, trying to force cute plays, predictable passes and stuff. They're telegraphing everything. What makes Panarin so great is how deceptive he is, how he can disguise what he's really doing and then using East West plays to create havoc and confusion. Right now they're not creating any confusion, they're telegraphing everything. You can't make the royal road passes when the defense is following your every move, you need to be deceptive and move a ton and create confusion to open those lanes.

This goes back to the PP woes as well. Too much stationary and predictable plays when they do get set up, usually ending with a Mika one timer from way too far out to have a real chance of scoring. Panarin is forcing it too often.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If you believe it's 7 bad games, do you think Drury screwed up or Gallant is an incomptent?

Well Drury definitely made bad moves, but we still have the same star players from last year who were elite, and Gallant has proven he's a quality coach in the past.

Maybe the players all took the summer off because they look like the Monstars stole all their skills.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Kreider is a waste of the cap hit and Miller needs to go to the AHL?

Kreider is the leading goal scorer on the team and the only one of the big guns who looks good and Miller has looked quite good since his poor preseason. What is this guy watching?

People have their agendas and their mind made up on a player.
Don’t know who this guy is, but he needs a sedative.
I’m probably top 3 of people who want strome gone, but I don’t even expect him to be sharp from a week off.
Our PP not being able to score is a huge part of our problem. You have to make teams pay when they take a penalty.
Once that happens, they make more mistakes and take chances they normally wouldn’t. That’s when they need to capitalize on them.
Panarin/Zibby need to get going. Maybe but Blais with Zibby-Kreids for a game to shake him awake? Panarin is playing very sloppy and very blah. There’s no care on his passes.
I don’t think he had a great offseason as far as training goes. Mentally and physically.
I think this team knows how important it is to get Zibby/bread going, and guys are referring to them and trying to set them up instead for making the simple play or shot.
It’s still very early. Kakko is still out and we still have a lot of turnover on this roster, with a new coach implementing a new system. You mix all that.
We’ve got to be better for sure, but fixing the PP would be at the top of my agenda if I were coach. That all of with getting panarin/Zibby into more of a mid season form

Last edited:

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
I think you meant 2013-14. The Rangers were 2-5 after 7 games that season, including the 9-2 loss against San Jose.

2013–14 New York Rangers season - Wikipedia

3-7 after 10.

Couldn't even imagine what this board would be like if we were 2-4-1 instead of 4-2-1.

We're 7 games into a season with an entirely new coaching staff, 5 new players and we were missing two top six players for 4 out of 7 games... And we have a winning record.

Give it some time guys, jeez.

I'm with you, but it's pretty par for the course here.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Couldn't even imagine what this board would be like if we were 2-4-1 instead of 4-2-1.

We're 7 games into a season with an entirely new coaching staff, 5 new players and we were missing two top six players for 4 out of 7 games... And we have a winning record.

Give it some time guys, jeez.
This board was more levelheaded in 2013-14 when we were 2-5. Tom Wilson hit Panarin and Buch so hard it gave this board personality disorders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad