Post-Game Talk: We lose

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I’m gonna go the old adage - first game after a long road trip is usually a loss .

A road trip that took us to Canada to Nashville back to Canada .

We didn’t play In Canada last year ; travel was minimal .

We have a number of first & second year players too.

Bad loss - awful Manchester United like defending - yes.

I’m gonna chalk this up as a bad game and we win Friday night.

1c4c8776a59cc70395914872fec8557e.gif

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I made some people cry tonite so I’d thought I’d put them to bed feeling better about themselves .

I was with you in the GDT. This last post was softer than the shit piles Nemeth took on the ice tonight

Reactions: Kocur26

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Congrats on not having had the privilege to watch Valerie Kaminsky and Stefan Quintal play for the Broadway Blueshirts

2000-2001 was my first season and Kamensky was on that team. It was actually one of the most fun seasons of my life, they at one point had the best offense and worst defense. They lost one game 8-6 and won one game 7-6. They didn't finish first in scoring though they cooled off.

Reactions: CasusBelli

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I didn't analyze most of the goals against, but Igor overplayed the 4th goal short side. It happens, though it hasn't been happening much recently. Miller got beat on that play and then Trouba foolishly decided to play it like a 2 on 1 even there was no pass available as 2 other Rangers were already in the lane. Flames forward then had all day, made a small move which moved Igor off his angle too far short side, and he picked the far side corner.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
2000-2001 was my first season and Kamensky was on that team. It was actually one of the most fun seasons of my life, they at one point had the best offense and worst defense. They lost one game 8-6 and won one game 7-6. They didn't finish first in scoring though they cooled off.
Those seasons ended so disastrously

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
We got the lazy bad Kamensky not this one …

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The one thing Drury did right was sign Hunt. He's been excellent and He and Rooney have become a fantastic 4th line. They forecheck well, cycle well, and Rooney can carry the puck out of his zone enough. I thought Panarin and Strome were good, even though Panarin still looks nothing like he should but he certainly isn't the same guy without Strome.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So f***ing EMBARRASSING. Glad i was there to see Hunt score that huge goal and Rooney celebrate for him.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This is spot on. We obviously aren't perfect defensively, but we should be potting 3 or 4 goals a game pretty regularly, which make a game like this with shaky defense a lot more competitive and winnable. They are the sole reason we haven't looked good offensively nor on the PP. Zibanejad was the sole reason we probably weren't a playoff team last season with how much he dragged the team down the first 30 games or whatever it was, so we are used to it from him now. But Panarin? It's tough to take seeing him play like this. Real tough.
I think people are so accustomed to see Panarin putting up 2-3 points a game the last 2years and expect that from him. He’s obviously not as bad as he’s playing now, but we can’t expect 120-125 pt pace every year either... it’s somewhere in the middle I expect his norm to be.
As panarin goes, so goes strome....
Zibby is a horse of a different color. It’s stretches like this to start the year, and last season with covid/new diet etc which made me Leary of a 7-8 year deal.
They have to be fewer and farther between for him to earn that deal...
Gets done is don’t at this point. Just have to hope both guys snap out of it. Whether it’s a condition thing or both being sloppy and unfocused

Last edited:

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I think people are so accustomed to see Panarin putting up 2-3 points a game the last 2years and expect that from him. He’s obviously not as bad as he’s playing now, but we can’t expect 120-125 pt pace every year either... it’s somewhere in the middle I expect his norm to be

For me it's the turnovers moreso than the actual production. It's led to so many odd man rushes and lost momentum. Ruins the flow of the game for the team.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
For me it's the turnovers moreso than the actual production. It's led to so many odd man rushes and lost momentum. Ruins the flow of the game for the team.
The home-run passes that worked in 2019 and 2020 are no longer working. Maybe teams have scouted his tendencies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
YeA panarin especially is going to make high risk passes/plays. It’s important he have 2 capable Fwds that can play D on his line.
They were due for a loss if our top 2 lines and PP continued to be help off the box score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad