Post-Game Talk: We lose

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The problem starts with breakouts. We have Fox and that's it on defense. Everyone else sucks. We need Jones badly right now. Something else to give us a different look.
Agreed, but it's not all on the personnel. Many other teams can break out just fine. Some teams do it better than others, granted. But we are one of the worst. And that's not all on defense. There's a lack of structure, lack of effort for the forwards to get the puck from deep AT SPEED. Imagine if we are only relying on Fox to deliver a breakout pass? Damn...

I'm not going to worry about it yet, but it needs to change at some point. And our so called super stars might as well start to play already. They did in Edmonton, how about we are more like them than the Toronto Maple Leafs? Panarin, Zibanejad, hello?

Igor didn't have a good game tonight, but at least he picked a night when everyone was shit.

Reactions: Tob

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Not gonna win if you’re two best players don’t bring it on offense

Right now this team is built to win every game 2-1 and Igor can’t save you every night

Who the hell assembled this team to win 2-1 every night? Why wasn’t it assembled to ever score more than 2 goals?

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
I’m gonna go the old adage - first game after a long road trip is usually a loss .

A road trip that took us to Canada to Nashville back to Canada .

We didn’t play In Canada last year ; travel was minimal .

We have a number of first & second year players too.

Bad loss - awful Manchester United like defending - yes.

I’m gonna chalk this up as a bad game and we win Friday night.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Felt a let down coming.

Take this week to practice the PP. Focus more on competing and back checking. Cut down on the giveaways… WAAAY too many

Come right back with Igor and get the train back on the rails

Columbus doesn’t play again until Friday either so we’ll have two rested teams.

AVOID the sloppy first period

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Strome is just a waste of a body on the PP. Doesn't take faceoffs, doesn't shoot and is just another righty to make everything awkward with Panarin and Zibanejad. Lafreniere needs to be on that unit ASAP.

Reactions: leetch99

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
upload_2021-10-25_22-7-46.jpeg

Guess this is karma for the Ottawa game

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
They'll be fine once Zib and Panarin get going. Sacrificed some skill for sandpaper, which is definitely showing, but another north-south winger would go a long way.

I think sliding Chytil to wing and going after a true third line center who wins faceoffs at some point would go a long way.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
On the bright side. Miller has look better over the last three games.
He has been addressing some of his weaknesses.
I was in the camp that was worried that the organization was going to destroy another prospect by not sending him to Hartford to work on his physicality and positioning.
Will be glad to be proven wrong.
Miller, Miller the forward driller.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
You guys are 4-2-1. No need for panicking
It's too early to look at record, and go nuts over losses. BUT, we know what this group can achieve over a full (or partial) season and it's blistering mediocrity.

This team needs to start operating like a playoff team or else it won't make the playoffs for the next 5+ years if we keep this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad