We have a new Sens CEO!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
He is going to have to work really hard to win people over. I doubt he ever will but I guess he thinks he can.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
had a friend at work come to work with a Leaf hat today, he was one of my fav sens fans friends at work we would talk hockey for hours, at first I thought it was a joke but he legit said he had enough with Melnyk, he has been a fan for 15+ years die hard. I was quick to judge his loyalty but then again I remembered when/if Karlsson leaves ill be the first to donate all my sens merch to salvation army.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
had a friend at work come to work with a Leaf hat today, he was one of my fav sens fans friends at work we would talk hockey for hours, at first I thought it was a joke but he legit said he had enough with Melnyk, he has been a fan for 15+ years die hard. I was quick to judge his loyalty but then again I remembered when/if Karlsson leaves ill be the first to donate all my sens merch to salvation army.
I mean, cool?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I think I have it figured out.

Our Leaf fan owner is taking the long term view of the situation.

Having grown up through the Ballard years and witnessing the irrational loyalty and love his fellow Leaf fans still had for the laughingstock franchise that Harold ran; he's decided to repeat the experiment to help Sens fans become brain dead lemmings who will shell out cash to the owner no matter how bad the product becomes.

Early results from Tnuoc and Coladin have him encouraged with the possibilities, so he's decided to go all in with this latest move.

Sheer brilliance Eugene, sheer brilliance indeed.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Word.

Wait, do people still say that? damn.
Wait, do people still say
giphy.gif

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Of course youu know that, by this time next year, he'll be coach and gm too!

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Melnyk can more than double his net worth if Lebreton is built as promised. This tells me his vision doesn't accept reality, and besides being King of Cheap he also has trust issues.

Gong Show starring El Cheapo. I am legit worried that Karlsson is on the way out this summer.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I don’t like Melnyk and this season has been a special kind of awful, but if one of my Sens fan buddies ever wore a Leafs hat I’d chirp the **** out of them.

Yeah I can understand taking a break or not following the team but turning around and cheering for the Leafs or any other team in the division? Unless they were old enough to cheer for that team before, I'd really question how closely they followed hockey.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Eugene Melnyk could make Dumont our 1RD to replace Karlsson, and I couldn't do that.

It's either Sens or nothing. (Not withstanding loosely following a distant #2 team in the West....but that's a different story)

I get not wanting to support Melnyk, but that's pretty low character to ditch fandom of one team when they are struggling and then jump on their biggest rival when they are at their peak. What's he going to do if the Leafs ever return to their natural form that they've had for a majority of their history which is being a non playoff team? What's he gonna do if the Sens some how manage to stumble their way to another cost per point cup run, come crawling back?

It's just a weird thing to do. To quote a recent Senators article, sports are about the journey, not the destination.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Eugene Melnyk could make Dumont our 1RD to replace Karlsson, and I couldn't do that.

It's either Sens or nothing. (Not withstanding loosely following a distant #2 team in the West....but that's a different story)

I get not wanting to support Melnyk, but that's pretty low character to ditch fandom of one team when they are struggling and then jump on their biggest rival when they are at their peak. What's he going to do if the Leafs ever return to their natural form that they've had for a majority of their history which is being a non playoff team? What's he gonna do if the Sens some how manage to stumble their way to another cost per point cup run, come crawling back?

It's just a weird thing to do. To quote a recent Senators article, sports are about the journey, not the destination.

Yeah I don't get it.

If/When I finally pull out instead of this holding pattern of apathy, I'm done with the NHL altogether. I wouldn't jump ship to the freaking Leafs.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
All I can do is laugh, at this point.

It is kinda liberating. My expectations for this franchise are pretty much at zero. Definitely into ain't even mad territory these days.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Yeah I don't get it.

If/When I finally pull out instead of this holding pattern of apathy, I'm done with the NHL altogether. I wouldn't jump ship to the freaking Leafs.
I’m kind of getting there... my apathy for the Sens this season is at an all time high. I don’t think I can ever bring myself to cheer for another team.

If Melnyk isn’t out soon and the shit show continues, I don’t think I’ll be watching too many NHL games anymore. He’s literally destroying this franchise and my excitement for hockey all together.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I kind of think we’ll start to get respect as fans simply for being able to withstand this abyss.

Oh those Sens fans. What a hardy bunch. So stoic. So resolute. So resilient. Boring AF the whole bunch though. Still, have to admire their dedication and ability to weather the storm...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
There is no way Leeder comes back.

Honestly, the only hold up for that to happen is probably on Melnyk's end, not Leeder.

I could see Leeder coming back, but it would require Melnyk to come back to him with his tail between his legs accompanied by a heartfeld, genuine apology, and that's the part I don't think would ever happen.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think I have it figured out.

Our Leaf fan owner is taking the long term view of the situation.

Having grown up through the Ballard years and witnessing the irrational loyalty and love his fellow Leaf fans still had for the laughingstock franchise that Harold ran; he's decided to repeat the experiment to help Sens fans become brain dead lemmings who will shell out cash to the owner no matter how bad the product becomes.

Early results from Tnuoc and Coladin have him encouraged with the possibilities, so he's decided to go all in with this latest move.

Sheer brilliance Eugene, sheer brilliance indeed.

It was pretty good last year, "the product", but then again you wouldn't know, would you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad