We have a new Sens CEO!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Lol, this is giving me Dwight flashbacks from The Office.

...except that was a comedy series and Dwight is a fictional character. Smh, lol.

I pick.....ME. I AM YOUR HAY KING! All hail your hay king!!!!

uxVVupN.png

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
But the optics of this decision are just so bad. I get what you're saying, but even if what you're saying is true, they would have been better off leaving the position vacant rather than have him assume the role.

Where the hell is that Toronto PR firm? They've already dropped the damn ball.
They quit.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
They should really make some sort of sitcom about Melnyk. 30 Rock, but for the hockey world. Most of this stuff seems like scripted comedy anyways.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Man, Sens news has been lit this last week.

Did I use lit right? I'm old, I don't know what I'm doing.

Anyways, not shocked.. makes sense for him to take the role for a few months. Just stay out of the limelight as much as possible....

Its kinda like on fire but more exciting ... o_O

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Are you ****ing kidding me? Assuming this is even correct, of course.

Is he going to actually stick around Ottawa now to do this job properly? Or is he going to ****ing work from home from his estate in Barbados? Does Melnyk not understand the demands that this job has? Does he not understand that this is a full time job with seriously high time and substantive effort requirements?

He's totally that guy who looks at the job from the outside and tells himself "this job can't be that hard, if he can do it, I can do it better", isn't he. This is what is about to happen, isn't it.

If attendance continues to be a problem, is he still going to blame the CEO/President as he has done in the past? Or is it ALL OF A SUDDEN going to be someone else's fault? Hmm, yeah, that 2nd one sounds about right.

What an absolute sh**show.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Are you ****ing kidding me? Assuming this is even correct, of course.

Is he going to actually stick around Ottawa now to do this job properly? Or is he going to ****ing work from home from his estate in Barbados? Does Melnyk not understand the demands that this job has? Does he not understand that this is a full time job with seriously high time and substantive effort requirements?

He's totally that guy who looks at the job from the outside and tells himself "this job can't be that hard, if he can do it, I can do it better", isn't he. This is what is about to happen, isn't it.

If attendance continues to be a problem, is he still going to blame the CEO/President as he has done in the past? Or is it ALL OF A SUDDEN going to be someone else's fault? Hmm, yeah, that 2nd one sounds about right.

What an absolute sh**show.

Season seat renewals start on February 15th. I wonder what type of surprises there will be with Melnyk as president/CEO.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Oh, you hadn't heard? The new salary for the interim Senators CEO has gone up to $25M for this season only.

It'll be back down to bargain basement prices for next season and onwards though.

Lol and then brags about how he now spends the most on management in the league.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
At what point do we stand up as fans and put an end to this circus.

When do we stop blaming the media, and start our own movement to get this clown out of town?

Reactions: Sensung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad