GDT: We hate MSG

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Given our history, making the play-offs is the equivalent of winning the cup. What happens IN the play-offs is irrelevant.
2006 is not ancient history ! :DD Stars did line up well that season as 2nd East seed Canes faced off vs. 8th West seed Oilers in SCF.

Edmonton rode that 1st round upset of #1 Wings all the way to SCF. Canes went through Habs, NJ, Sabres to SCF. Oilers made it tough as series went 7. Now they have McD and can't even make the playoffs. That franchise has ??? all over it.

Yeah, since 2006 it's been mostly rough going for Carolina. However wasn't it relatively recently the Canes had an overachieving playoff run - too late/lazy to look it up.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'll have mine well done with ketchup, just how I like my steaks
tumblr_m0ce5wFjLZ1r2hxb6o4_r1_250.gif

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
it was tough for me to admit that brock had a terrible start to his season. with that said, 12 points in his last 17 games. +12 over that time. he's been so deep under the radar just making a difference every night during this win streak.

I'll allow it, but please do keep in mind his two points tonight were both into an empty net.

And speaking of guy with no hands, I've watched it over and over and I can't get over Foegele's goal tonight. He took a bouncing pass, in his feet, and in one motion, wired it top shelf on Henrik Lundqvist. If Aho or Teravainen had done it, it would have been beautiful. But just moments earlier, Foegele had tried to make an entry pass a foot off the ground and two strides behind Greg McKegg. It's truly stunning how pretty that goal was.

As Chuck-and-the-letter-K would say, "a bolt out of the blue."

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'll allow it, but please do keep in mind his two points tonight were both into an empty net.

And speaking of guy with no hands, I've watched it over and over and I can't get over Foegele's goal tonight. He took a bouncing pass, in his feet, and in one motion, wired it top shelf on Henrik Lundqvist. If Aho or Teravainen had done it, it would have been beautiful. But just moments earlier, Foegele had tried to make an entry pass a foot off the ground and two strides behind Greg McKegg. It's truly stunning how pretty that goal was.

As Chuck-and-the-letter-K would say, "a bolt out of the blue."

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I don't know if anybody has as vivid a memory as I do about our last win at MSG- but here it goes:

29 OCT 2010- Camp Sparta, Afghanistan. My ODA had just been relocated to this relatively plush outpost on the outskirts of Kabul just after the four day long battle we had in the Shuryak Valley in Konar Province during Operation "Bulldog Bite". I was still in kind of a daze, and we had managed to go on a booze run at a European base we called "warehouse", and I was pounding Heineken cans. I had confiscated the projector from the TOC (as the teams Warrant Officer, I can pretty much get away with that) and hooked it up to my bastardized NIPR connection which I used a boot disk to bypass the govys restrictions against streaming data sites. I used the NHL online subscription- but had to call their HQ in Europe on a satellite phone to talk them into lifting the blackout restrictions on my account- as luck would have it, our internet access was routed through Ft. Bragg, which of course made them think it was a local IP address.

I sat in my rather large room, where I had pinned a bedsheet to the wall and projected the game in all its glory upon, roaring drunkenly with delight at the win.

I didn't miss a single game that year, despite being in the ****tiest places in the ****tiest time of that war. I hacked internet connections, I bastardized SDN-Light sattilite dishes, I used VLC media player to record games from high latency and then play it back for me at high speed when I got back from ops. And then I came back a day before the final game against Tampa, and saw the final degradation live.

This season feels like that one- filled with energy and hope- and yet precariously fragile, and on the edge of another abyss.

I feel the Ju-Ju tonight- time to break the curse

I was at FOB Sharana at this time. Good ole RC East

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The trick is to start the annual March hot streak in January.

If the Canes miss by a few points we can all rest easy knowing that the Canes threw away the season in an attempt to ressurect Scott Darling's career (to save a few $$) of which all of us knew in our hearts had a 99.9% chance of failure. Scott accounts for only 2 of those wins in 8 games.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
it was tough for me to admit that brock had a terrible start to his season. with that said, 12 points in his last 17 games. +12 over that time. he's been so deep under the radar just making a difference every night during this win streak.
Over the course of the season my youngest son has become a huge McGinn fan. He points out all the great plays Brock has made during the games. They have become more and more noticeable over the course of this streak.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Also

Someone find a picture of Aho that doesn’t make it look like he’s being held at gunpoint.

Edit:

Google Images has provided me to path to Sebastian’s website, which I had no idea existed until this moment.

Home - Sebastian Aho

That girl sat in the row in front of me at the game. That would’ve been cool to meet them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad