Post-Game Talk: We did it!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Funny how it's always "The other guy" who is at his best against us in a series.

Voracek instead of Giroux
Malkin instead of Crosby
Backstrom/Semin instead of Ovechkin

The Rangers must really, really focus on one player per opponent. They do a tremendous job of shutting down star #1, but star #2 tends to have a great series.

Same thing happens in the other direction.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

I don't get the "ripped to shreds" comments about the Rangers getting killed if they played in the Western Conference. Is this guy saying that if the Rangers were to advance to the Finals, after knocking off Philly, Pittsburgh and Boston or Montreal, that they would get destroyed by Chicago, Anaheim or LA? Does he mean 4 game sweep? 5 games loss? This Rangers team the way it is playing right now doesn't allow enough goals to get badly beaten for an entire series. This guy should ask some Western conference coaches and GMs how much of a cakewalk they think their teams would have if they had to play the Rangers in a 7 game series. Ken Campbell is just another expert on the Rangers like Joe Thornton.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Funny how it's always "The other guy" who is at his best against us in a series.

Voracek instead of Giroux
Malkin instead of Crosby
Backstrom/Semin instead of Ovechkin

The Rangers must really, really focus on one player per opponent. They do a tremendous job of shutting down star #1, but star #2 tends to have a great series.

Welcome to play off hockey, where depth means everything because the top line is always matching up against the top D-men.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
What's with the 200 posts to imaginary people that think Hank sucks and Talbot should be the starter?

It's pretty annoying given the fact that anyone that says such is probably below a Gerbil IQ wise. Would any of you walk up to a kid with downs syndrome and ask their opinion on global warming?

Good lord why the need for 200 martyr's, it's ok guys you don't have to die for Hanks sins.

That said, I thought the series was over Game 4. Pittsburgh wasn't good so much as the Rangers were listless. I am sure in my mind that was a product of the schedule.

**disclaimer**I am not bagging on Torts, for bagging sake, Torts did some good things as a coach but the following isn't one of them:

If this was a Torts team, the Rangers are done. He over played the top players and would have worn the team out. That's what I love about AV's consistent style. He rolled 4 lines kept the top guys fresh as can be. Besides a world class goalie, that is one of the main reasons the Rangers are now waiting for the winner of Montreal/Boston series.

I just think it was a great series, wonderful adjustments ( from both the coaches and players) and the Rangers showed a ton of heart with probably the best goalie in the league, raising his level of play from even the series against Philly, where he was mostly stellar.

BTW, AV completely out coached Bylsma and that made as much a difference as the difference between Hank and Fluery. Both were fairly significant gaps, gulfs really.

Holy Overreaction Batman
The irony gets past some

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
http://deadspin.com/dan-bylsma-was-...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I thought this was an interesting article about the series especially when you consider many people don't think we have the personnel to compete.

I totally agree with this. I was getting so annoyed with Keith Jones when he was going on about what a great roster Bylsma had been given to work with. I'm not that big of a fan of his but he did a great job during the regular season with no depth and a million injuries. Any issues you have though are going to be magnified during the playoffs and that's exactly what happened.

Vickers8

Pat Leonard@PLeonardNYDN · 2h

Just saw this quote from Malkin in @JoshYohe_Trib story: “We tried. I had a couple of chances. Lundqvist just stopped every puck, you know?”

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Despite all of us making fun of him, there's a reason why Larry Brooks is such a good beat writer. When you compare him to the other guy the Post is using for what appear to be fluff pieces, or even to Andrew Gross, who I really like... this article is fantastic. Brooks is a story teller, and it shows.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/13/after-gritty-comeback-rangers-now-can-dream-big/

The Blueshirts have hit their stride. Galvanized by the passing of St. Louis’ mother, France, last Thursday, the Rangers will roar into either Boston or Montreal with three straight victories since dropping three of the first four games of this series.

But for all of the emotion the Rangers invested in this comeback, it was Lundqvist who rose to the heights, making 35 saves while his team was outshot 36-20 and out-attempted 63-34 at even strength. It was Lundqvist, now 10-2 in potential elimination games the last three years, who surrendered one goal in each of the final three victories.

Just superb writing. The whole article is such a great read.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
http://deadspin.com/dan-bylsma-was-...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I thought this was an interesting article about the series especially when you consider many people don't think we have the personnel to compete.

Nothing outlandish about it if you aren't looking at either team with a bias. I said several times precisely what he is saying abut the Penguins being a likely bottom dweller without Malkin and Crosby. A lot of people have. They're just not that good.

The only surprising thing he says is that the Rangers are a better team which only a handful of us would have said with conviction prior to the playoffs and round two. I think more people probably realize that now.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
AV did a great job with his line usage.

Our Top 4 D all had 22:00~ TOI
J. Moore - Klein had 13:00~ TOI

Top 9 forwards had between 15:00-17:44 TOI, Zucc being the most used forward at 17:44 TOI.

Great stuff. :handclap:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Nothing outlandish about it if you aren't looking at either team with a bias. I said several times precisely what he is saying abut the Penguins being a likely bottom dweller without Malkin and Crosby. A lot of people have. They're just not that good.

The only surprising thing he says is that the Rangers are a better team which only a handful of us would have said with conviction prior to the playoffs and round two. I think more people probably realize that now.

I didn't think there was anything outlandish in the article rather I thought it would be a good perspective for some to see.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Vigneault%252C+Alain+001.jpg

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Between last night and this morning, can't tell you how long I've spent just staring at this. Just... Beautiful... But has anyone mentioned poor Brassard? Runs to hug Poo and Zuc, just to realize they ignored him completely, so back off to the right to join the other line's hugging celly lol. Poor Brass wanted to jump in the arms of Zuc and Poo so badly lol.

Rofl now you made me feel sorry for him too :D

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
I understand AV's short shift strategy given the number of games played in however many days. It worked.

That being said, since we'll be the more rested team come game 1 against either MTL or BOS, I'd like to see him give a longer leash to guys as far as shift times, especially the Nash line. It's extremely difficult to generate offense consistently when you're on the ice for 40 seconds at a time. The problem is amplified if we're losing faceoffs *cough Stepan* and have to chase to get the puck back, which leads us to simply getting to the red line and dumping/changing

Part of the Rangers identity this year is the ability to roll all 4 lines. The depth is pretty ridiculous. And lets face it, it's not like the Nash line is generating much offense. Our bottom 6 has similar ice time and has pulled thru more this post season. Granted the top line plays against the other teams top line, but that's exactly why depth and AV rolling 4 lines is crucial.

lJuicel

Feb 1, 2010
St. John's

After reading that article, I checked out the Pens cap on cap geek. Wow, Letang with a 7.25 hit from now til forever is awful. Cap hit at 55 million for 14 guys next year, bruuuuutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad