Post-Game Talk: We did it!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
^^^

Yeah! with the Habs winning and maybe a few of their players picking up injuries.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
giphy.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW we haven't won the cup yet. We just knocked off the teams from Pennsylvania. There are two more rounds to go and a pretty decent likelihood that both of them are going to be tougher than the two rounds we've already done. To win a Stanley Cup is to pretty much skate a marathon or bike the Tour de France. Ups-downs--just like a roller coaster. I remember 1994--(I know a lot might not like to hear about 1994 but it was different then--years and years of taunting 1994 chants) and the thing I remember the most were the highs and the lows--the highs would be euphoric and the lows would be like clinical depression. I don't think I'm quite the same now as I was then but it seems to me that a lot of posters here show all those signs of euphoria when things are going good and suicidal depression when they're not.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the guys played their 96 th game of the season n t counting preseason. if we go 7 games the next 2 series it will be 110 games.

think about that.

all i can say is henrik showed up bigtime in that series. he carried us and won that series himself. ask the pens players, they will agree. if he saw it, he stopped it. he was one bad rebound bounce away from a game 7 shutout. fantastic clutch performance.

the team came together. the coaching staff played the whole roster and hank was money.

that was an epic game 7 win.

only 14 more to go..... :laugh:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Lost in the celebration is how much this place would be ripping AV today if Hank didn't play like that. The team was horrible after the second goal and the strategy was asinine.

Ordinary goaltending and we are furious right about now.

lost in the celebration is the rangers hit about 40 goal posts/crossbars in this series, including 3 more last night. those go in and this is a very different series, and a very different game 7.

we won. be happy. I hope Krug lays an egg tonight.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The thing those people can never understand though is that every team in this league has faults. Out of the 4 major sports, the NHL has the most parity by far. There are no perfect teams in this league.

Those people point to our flaws and consistently overlook the good points. "We shouldn't trade draft picks because we don't have a true #1 center and we're not elite." OK, Pittsburgh had two #1 centers and we just beat them because they have no depth, no defense and no goaltending.

"We should stock draft picks so that we can get bigger and stronger and be like the Blues in a couple of years." OK, the Blues completely collapsed the last 2 months of the season.

OK, fine we have no elite center. But we have three lines that can maintain puck possession in the offensive zone. We have arguably (now that Staal is back in full form) the best group of defensemen in the NHL. We have the best goaltender in the NHL.

you could make a very legitimate argument that the 3 best centers in the game are Crosby, Malkin, and Giroux. Rangers have sent them all to the beach.

its a team game. you need more than great centers, PMD, goalies, etc.

you also need luck, health, and to not get screwed by officials.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If we do happen to play boston, Krug won't get the field day on the point torts's system gave him. If Krug wasn't like a goal/game that series, that would've looked very different.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
you could make a very legitimate argument that the 3 best centers in the game are Crosby, Malkin, and Giroux. Rangers have sent them all to the beach.

its a team game. you need more than great centers, PMD, goalies, etc.

you also need luck, health, and to not get screwed by officials.

Speaking of which we were lucky we didn't get a too many men penalty last night. Not so lucky when Pouliot hit the crossbar.

But the Rangers are also healthy and that's a good thing. They have a number of replacements--Carcillo, Miller, Fast and Diaz who have got some playoff games and done fairly well--so we have depth. Last year when Richards **** the bed we had Kris Newbury and were thinking about Micheal Haley. We weren't as deep on defense either. Stralman getting hurt against Boston was like blowing a hole in our side.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
lost in the celebration is the rangers hit about 40 goal posts/crossbars in this series, including 3 more last night. those go in and this is a very different series, and a very different game 7.

To be fair, the Brassard and Nash ones were shots that hit the outside of the post and really had no shot of going in.

Post count (not counting those two) was 7-5 Rangers in this series. It ****ed them over in game three but it was basically even.

OTOH, Bruins have hit 12 posts to the Habs 1 in their series which is why I'm baffled when people go on about how "great" Price has been in this series- He's played okay and was great in game one, but he's been incredibly lucky through six games. Also, that only enforces my opinion that the Habs are a much, much more suitable opponent for the Rangers next round - It's highly unlikely they will continue to get that lucky and the longer the Bruins play, it becomes more likely that those shots start going in.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Pitt and Philly hit posts, too.

Very happy with result. Didn't like the 3rd period strategy.

Hopefully we don't see Krug.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Just watching the replay on the NHL Network. So many good defensive plays by the Rangers in the last 5 minutes. Henke was beastly, but, his teammates were not passengers.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
That play where the shot deflected off of the abandoned stick on front of the net was an incredible save by Lundqvist.

A goal there for Pittsburgh, in that type of weird situation, would have been a very Rangers thing to have happen.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That play where the shot deflected off of the abandoned stick on front of the net was an incredible save by Lundqvist.

A goal there for Pittsburgh, in that type of weird situation, would have been a very Rangers thing to have happen.

I thought the same thing. It's a sign. Things are different this year. :amazed:

Wolfy*

This must bring a happy tear in the eyes of a Rangers fan :)

The goals, the hits, and Hank without a stick makes a huge save. Shown in slow motion.

[NHL]617886[/NHL]

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Just watching the replay on the NHL Network. So many good defensive plays by the Rangers in the last 5 minutes. Henke was beastly, but, his teammates were not passengers.

Yup. Frankly, outside of that one flurry of chances with about 5 minutes left, none of the Pens' chances were THAT incredible. Hank didn't have to make a ton of rebound saves.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Yup. Frankly, outside of that one flurry of chances with about 5 minutes left, none of the Pens' chances were THAT incredible. Hank didn't have to make a ton of rebound saves.

Eh. He had a couple of point-blank chances from the circles chances like that save on Neal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad