Post-Game Talk: We did it!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
The Preakness coverage probably starts at 4, but the race probably wont be until after 6.

My Tivo guide right now has NHL Network showing the CF pregame 12-1 and postgame 4-6. The only way I see the time changing is if the Habs win and they want the 7pm HNIC game.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
From: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/rangers/post/_/id/2743/rangers-band-together-score-historic-upset

Believe this was after the PPG. Look at those faces:

nhl_g_rangers_b3_300x300.jpg

AHB*

If the Rangers played night games and the rest played day games it would matter. I doubt any of them are annoyed about being in this position and having to play a day game.

Are NFL players angry when they play Monday night?

The Rangers are ecstatic to be playing at all.

Of course they're ecstatic, but that doesn't mean the scheduling isn't stupid?

Not only is it a day game, but a day game on Saturday? At least Sunday I somewhat understand, but Saturday, really? What gives. That's horrid.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Full credit to UserNameWasTaken from the mainboards.

CrazyTinyBeardedcollie.gif

Richards and Stepan bouncing like flubber, Brassards reaction, the Zuccarello facewash. There's just too much awesomeness going on here.

Between last night and this morning, can't tell you how long I've spent just staring at this. Just... Beautiful... But has anyone mentioned poor Brassard? Runs to hug Poo and Zuc, just to realize they ignored him completely, so back off to the right to join the other line's hugging celly lol. Poor Brass wanted to jump in the arms of Zuc and Poo so badly lol.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
Saturday afternoon game?

ugh!!! Sunday afternoons are so much better! For you golfers, this is better since Saturday may be soaked and Sunday may be a better golfing day; if it was only one of the two days during which you would golf! Got kid's soccer practice, soccer game then karate. We have lunch, I have karate and then it's 3pm! Hmmm...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm sure they're still here. And they'll still tell you that we're the weakest of the remaining teams, that our PP and offense are too inconsistent to win it, that our stars aren't good enough, etc. And some of the points they make, in a vacuum, are valid...BUT! But we're in the final four, and if that doesn't make you a contender, then, well, I don't know what to say.

ECF the two of three years. The team has faults, for sure, but it is what it is. We're a really good hockey team, and we have been for a few years. Everyone like to crap of certain players and various facets of the team, but I think the results speak for themselves.

Great post. I echo every single word of it. We do have faults but some posters act like other teams have no faults.

Pittsburgh had a lethal powerplay and where was it this series? People want to **** on Nash (including myself) but look how well we shut down Crosby and Malkin. Could you imagine if you just changed the sweaters and that Pittsburgh team was playing in Rangers uniforms? Those same detractors would say, "we need to be more like the Pittsburgh. We don't have a Lundqvist that can steal us a game or two and that defense completely shut down our stars. Not to mention look how they were able to roll four lines and get offense from each one, we can't do that".

Frankly, I say we have the best & hottest goaltender of any team left in the playoffs. Lundqvist has been on fire. We have the 2nd best defense (arguments could be made for it being the best defense). We also have an offense that has size, speed, depth on all 4 lines, etc. We have as good of a shot as any one.

Last edited:

SkinneeJ

Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
So proud of this team. I thought it was over after they way they played in game 4.

I would like to thank the fine country of Sweden and our Swedish posters for gifting us with the talents of Henrik Lundqvist. The king.

As for the next round, I'm not really sure who I'd rather face. Although the Bell Centre seems to be out boogyman, we just beat the Penguins for the first time in the playoffs and turned around a 3-1 deficit. I suppose anything can happen.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Congrats from a B's fan !!!

I hope we meet you for the next round. If the B's don't make it I hope you have room on the Ranger's bandwagon !

SkinneeJ

Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Does this team have better leadership since Cally was traded? I know we got quite a leader in St Louis in exchange, but is it addition by subtraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad