We Can Do Better!

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
I must admit my posts are based on timing more than pace,
I do my finest typing when I have some time and space,
I’m not much good at posting fast and thinking on the fly,
I fear the game on hfboards has somehow passed me by.
My attributes that got me here were diligence and wit,
A good guy in the locker room who’ll show a little grit.
Success my notes are measured in is if I get a laugh,
But if I fail, I’ve been miscast by hf’s coaching staff.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I must admit my posts are based on timing more than pace,
I do my finest typing when I have some time and space,
I’m not much good at posting fast and thinking on the fly,
I fear the game on hfboards has somehow passed me by.
My attributes that got me here were diligence and wit,
A good guy in the locker room who’ll show a little grit.
Success my notes are measured in is if I get a laugh,
But if I fail, I’ve been miscast by hf’s coaching staff.
Now that was better! Much better! You get to leave this thread early and hit the showers!

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Now that was better! Much better! You get to leave this thread early and hit the showers!
I have to say an early shower sure appeals a lot,
Get in there while the floor’s still clean and water’s piping hot,
But then I think an early exit might not be too smart,
Because Paul Hamilton would question my attitude and heart.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I spent five hours in the ER, clearly between what I'm about to be billed for and the injury itself, that should tip some karmic scales.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I spent five hours in the ER, clearly between what I'm about to be billed for and the injury itself, that should tip some karmic scales.
how goes the healing?
please stay away from the strength and conditioning guys for the Sabres. we can't afford to lose you for the season when they misdiagnose your injury and try to amputate your leg.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Sprained a finger typing furiously after winning the Dahlin sweepstakes. Rehabbing over the summer with Bogosian so I should be good to go by the time Eichel's contract expires.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I've posted through numerous upper body injuries and multiple illnesses. It's the playoffs. Take a couple threads off, and right back onto the boards.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

We really need to do something about our strength and conditioning coaches. We lose way too many man-posts to injury. :shakehead

Serious note: Hope you make a quick, full recovery!

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I've posted through numerous upper body injuries and multiple illnesses. It's the playoffs. Take a couple threads off, and right back onto the boards.

My broken L5 slipped out of place again this week, a day before my soccer match. Not only was I able to self-adjust it back in place and play keeper, I was also able to post a few times on here. Some people call it dedication or rising above injury. I just call it another regular day for me. You don't have to reach high when you're already there. :snide:

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
This thread, a couple weeks ago, was quite a sight to see,
With upbeat vibes, a couple laughs, and much civility,
We got our Swedish franchise guy, and some free agents too,
And Borgen and then Casey signed, and Lawrence Pilut (who?).

But lately, on the Sabres board, life’s worse than ‘twas before,
The rumored trades for ROR leave us all wanting more,
Most people there spend lots of posts repeating the same theme,
They’d like for Botterill to trade away the whole damn team.

I’d like for this entire thread to sing a different tune,
Relax, enjoy the prospects camp, breathe deep, it’s only June,
We’ll all have lots and lots of time to dissect every trade,
But can’t we wait a little while, until the deals are made?

Reactions: Dingo44 and Icicle

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
This thread, a couple weeks ago, was quite a sight to see,
With upbeat vibes, a couple laughs, and much civility,
We got our Swedish franchise guy, and some free agents too,
And Borgen and then Casey signed, and Lawrence Pilut (who?).

But lately, on the Sabres board, life’s worse than ‘twas before,
The rumored trades for ROR leave us all wanting more,
Most people there spend lots of posts repeating the same theme,
They’d like for Botterill to trade away the whole damn team.

I’d like for this entire thread to sing a different tune,
Relax, enjoy the prospects camp, breathe deep, it’s only June,
We’ll all have lots and lots of time to dissect every trade,
But can’t we wait a little while, until the deals are made?
We can no longer do better.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Wow. I hope you get better soon--always fun to read your posts. As for the costs---with the issues my wife has had I bless the Canadian health care system. Not trying to be political as I know the US has great care.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wow. I hope you get better soon--always fun to read your posts. As for the costs---with the issues my wife has had I bless the Canadian health care system. Not trying to be political as I know the US has great care.

Thanks. Apparently my mind, my mental health, and perhaps my marriage are all costs. This certainly has me questioning my love of many things.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
We suck at winning. We got Dahlin and it all went to a s***storm of trade war proportions. Apparently we hate winning more than we hate losing. Or maybe we have been manipulated by the russians? Is this the revenge of Antipin? The toxicity levels has made joking impossible without ruining the post with silly smileys and A CAPS LOCK DISCLAIMER THAT THIS IS INDEED A JOKE. I'm going to try to improve my posting by not being ironic for the coming weeks. I won't make any more lame jokes about trading wingers for D or the best use of a 3rd round pick.
I can do better. I'm going to learn how to enjoy winning the draft lottery.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Sexton mentioned today they they are looking for positive and upbeat players and want everything to be fun, and they tell that to the entire Sabres staff as well. I'd like to think that by starting to be more positive and upbeat and even fun here we can all by extension join the same team and, yes, do our part to help the Sabres succeed on the ice and in life.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Dear Sabres HF Posters,

We've let this off-season get away from us. Once upon a time, we were trying. That led to winning the draft lottery, the Sharks re-signing Kane, and other smaller moves which made the team better. Then we quit. We lost our love for posting. We have to get better.

Either up your posting game, or you're getting moved to St. Louis for a less-than-desirable return.

Thank you.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The kids need to get out of the pool. Open swim is over. Place is closed for laps only.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Sexton mentioned today they they are looking for positive and upbeat players and want everything to be fun, and they tell that to the entire Sabres staff as well. I'd like to think that by starting to be more positive and upbeat and even fun here we can all by extension join the same team and, yes, do our part to help the Sabres succeed on the ice and in life.
- How are you going to turn this season around being 20 points out of a playoff spot in November?
- It's a situation where we've been talking about having more fun, it's just something we need to get better at. Maybe not watch so much video, have a coffee instead, chit chat. Just hanging out. Last year we had a lot of hard workers on the team that ruined the good vibes. Putting pressure on prospects to take part in extra practices and stuff. It was a situation where no one had fun. Now I'm not going to slap someones pee-pee just because we lose some games. You shouldn't suffer or be stressed out about not winning the cup or making the playoffs, we need to learn how to enjoy today before looking towards tomorrow. When you get lemons, make lemonade you know. So maybe it's a situation now that we need to have a festival. A lemon festival.

Reactions: Dingo44

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
We were torn apart by the Drury Briere fiasco. For some of us the wounds have never healed. The PTSD symptoms we experience are real. Every event that can remotely remind us of that fiasco can plunge us into the depths panic, negativity and depression. We need to be made whole again. There must be closure! The SPHHP (School of Public Health and Health Professions) Speakers Bureau has graciously agreed to include Bucky Gleason as a speaker at our next group therapy session. Why the SPHHP? This is clearly a mental health issue. Mr Gleason is a world renowned authority on the Drury Briere affair. Attendees will be offered discounted prices on Gleason's self-published 3 book series: "Drury, Briere, and the CIA - Book 1", "Drury, Briere, and the KGB - Book 2", and "Drury, Briere, and the Mossad - Book 3". Rotten fruit will be provided at the end of the presentation to throw at the speaker. Please do not bring your own rotten fruit. It will be confiscated at the door.

Reactions: SnuggaRUDE

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Dear Sabres HF Posters,

We've let this off-season get away from us. Once upon a time, we were trying. That led to winning the draft lottery, the Sharks re-signing Kane, and other smaller moves which made the team better. Then we quit. We lost our love for posting. We have to get better.

Either up your posting game, or you're getting moved to St. Louis for a less-than-desirable return.

Thank you.
Is that based on the value of the poster or Botterills negotiating capabilities?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad