GDT: We back (double header)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Other than Sherwood-Novak-Tomasino I don't know if any of our guys up front were generating much of anything. Kemell, Afanaseyev, Svechkov, Schaefer... none of those guys were doing much of anything, let alone the more gindery types of guys.

It was a well-earned 5-0 loss that's for sure. :(

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Other than Sherwood-Novak-Tomasino I don't know if any of our guys up front were generating much of anything. Kemell, Afanaseyev, Svechkov, Schaefer... none of those guys were doing much of anything, let alone the more gindery types of guys.

It was a well-earned 5-0 loss that's for sure. :(
I think kemell may of had some stuff on the powerplay. Other then that this helped solidify my opinion that the others need some more seasoning

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I think kemell may of had some stuff on the powerplay. Other then that this helped solidify my opinion that the others need some more seasoning
Kemell on a line with Svechkov and Afanasyev didn’t help him at all. Having 9 penalties was prohibitive for him to get a rhythm going too. Hopefully he’ll get to play with a better line in his next game.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Kemell on a line with Svechkov and Afanasyev didn’t help him at all. Having 9 penalties was prohibitive for him to get a rhythm going too. Hopefully he’ll get to play with a better line in his next game.
Svechkov needs a year or two in the AHL to get used to our systems. Same thing with Schaefer. I want to see Afanaseyev and Kemell with one of the NHL centers and see how they hang before sending them down to the AHL.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
D really needs to bear down more in front of the net. :( Good start, but it's all evaporated now.

At one point, somebody's dad was running the scoreboard since we were down 56-0. But it's only 2-0 now, so things are looking up. :dunno:

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
During practice last Saturday 25 and 26 were shooting together, one after the other, from just above the face off dots. Kemell was shooting lasers into the net. Tomasino was not. Kemell's shot was impressive from wherever he shot the puck from. Albeit this was just practice but the difference in their shots was obvious.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Can we pull the team? 3-0 now. Juusi's wife must be expecting.
I don't think he has even had a chance... Brunette may be preaching high-flying-offence or whatever (which might look good in practice, but so far not in evidence today) but I'm getting a little scared about our D-zone coverage. Even when they aren't scoring, there are guys standing open for the Panthers all over the place, and we gift them the slot. :(

As if Florida needed help... :facepalm:

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Not watching but noticed that these three were all -3 for the period.

Mutter - Roest - L'Heureux

And these were -2

Del Gaizo - McKeown

So the bottom five were on the ice for the majority of the goals.

Saros .765

The season starts in two weeks.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, at least they'll have some good film for making improvements.

At this point I have to laugh but OMG they're just AWFUL. I think the second squad looked at the first game and said anything you can do I can do better, so they're sucking more.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Not watching but noticed that these three were all -3 for the period.

Mutter - Roest - L'Heureux

And these were -2

Del Gaizo - McKeown

So the bottom five were on the ice for the majority of the goals.

Saros .765

The season starts in two weeks.

Good thing they all start in Milwaukee then. Saros needs to be better but the team infront of him isnt helping

Well, at least they'll have some good film for making improvements.

At this point I have to laugh but OMG they're just AWFUL. I think the second squad looked at the first game and said anything you can do I can do better, so they're sucking more.
Maybe we can get a top 5 pick afterall. Though thatll mean saros has to be bad which tanks his value in a trade

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Don't look now but "shouldn't have been a 1st round pick" Tanner Molendyk is having a solid start to camp, especially considering his age. Kids got poise.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not terribly surprising. New coach, new system, and half the lineup is new too.

Gonna be a bumpy ride for a bit I suspect

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This isn't remotely close to what we'll see on the ice next month so I don't see any point in freaking out based on it.
Well, "freaking out" isn't a thing, but to me, even a decent AHL team should be able to keep a score from getting out of hand against a half-NHL team. It's more "the way things look" that is like a scooby-doo "ruh-roh" to me right now. They haven't had more practices than us, why are they just laughing at us in these games right now?

It could all swing back around tomorrow, who knows. Training camp is nothing to get too excited about, either way. But... if we were the guys just toying with our opposition and winning every game... I mean... that would feel better, right? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad